• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom A Glitch in Time - Adding Potential Feat?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Dan destroys part of the Timeline and is a threat to it

If I recall, we treat destroying parts of a timeline as a High 3-A feat but if I'm wrong, we just ignore this. Early in the graphic novel, Dark Danny gets released and takes Clockwork's staff. Clockwork states....

"Danny, no! It's more than a staff-it's part of the timeline itself!"

Dark Danny then breaks the staff and it causes a large explosion that yeets both Vlad and Clockwork, and given the following statement by Clockwork on the very next page where he mentions Dark Danny is threatening the timeline. It should be legit that he destroyed a part of the timeline and while not as impressive as the other cosmic level feats in the novel it supports the verse being in that realm of power.

So I think this feat should be added to Dark Danny's page. It won't change any ratings, just adds the feat. Some like... Broke Clockwork's staff which was a part of the timeline itself and was stated to be threatening the timeline"

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral: DarkDragonMedeus (Unsure), Planck69 (Neutral on the Tiering),

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
No Low 1-C hypertimeline? Boo.
This comment is funny because this thread was originally a two part with the second portion being about an additional Temporal Axis via a statement implying a possible additional direction time flows by Clockwork (which could lead to Low 1-C) but I decided not to do it since I'm honestly just too tired to do anything major at this point. Lots of verses are gunning for Tier 1 and that requires to much effort to keep up with and maintain.

This comment is funny because this thread was originally a two part with the second portion being about an additional Temporal Axis via a statement implying a possible additional direction time flows by Clockwork (which could lead to Low 1-C) but I decided not to do it since I'm honestly just too tired to do anything major at this point. Lots of verses are gunning for Tier 1 and that requires to much effort to keep up with and maintain.
I mean, all the timeline shenanigans from Glitch in Time seems like it has potential for a hypertimeline, as well as the Ghost Zone containing areas with their own flows of time.

Assuming that the Staff isn't a glass cannon, I suppose. Like, it can be used to block against Tier 2 characters, right?

I'm neutral on the tiering but just to be clear, are we sure the staff isn't some sort of linchpin for the timeline rather than literally a part of it in the physical sense?

Assuming that the Staff isn't a glass cannon, I suppose. Like, it can be used to block against Tier 2 characters, right?
Why assume it's a glass cannon when it's made entirely out of ectoplasm, something that naturally scales all around unless specified or shown otherwise? Practically all ghost artifacts/weapons we see can take hits from others, Soul Shredder, Ember's Guitar, Reality Gauntlet, Skuller's battlesuit, Technu battlesuits, Pariah Dark's mace and so on that csn take hits from ghosts comparable to them. Heck in the previous page before Dan breaks it, Clockwork attempts to hit him with it but he only bonks a clone, so I don't think he'd swing a fragile staff at someone he knows is extremely powerful. It's clear he thinks it can harm Dark Danny and not shatter.

I'm neutral on the tiering but just to be clear, are we sure the staff isn't some sort of linchpin for the timeline rather than literally a part of it in the physical sense?
It's never claimed to be a linchpin and the entire book focuses on the physical damage the timeline is going through from Dan's actions of destroying the staff and overshadowing Clockwork. The staff also can manipulate time so it's not just a thing that holds it together. Just like how Clockwork Phantom had a physical connection to the timeline and hitting him caused reality to become more unstable.

Edit: Also, I just got my last two wisdom teeth removed and I'm in pain so I'll be taking a break from the thread until tomorrow. Feel free to discuss, I respond tomorrow. Also if the feat is decided to not be usable before I return. A staff member can close this.

Last edited:
Back