• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DanDaDan ability CRT

So there are 2 possibilities.
  1. Acrobatic Silky eats Aira —> Aira died from some cause—> Her Aura disappeared due to her death.
  2. Acrobatic Silky eats Aira —> Acrobatic Silky did something, causing Aira's Aura to disappear almost entirely —> Aira is dead
If in the first case, will not get any abilities.

However, it is still unclear if Aira died because Acrobatic Silky did something to her Aura.
I don't completely agree here. The particular thing I wanted to call attention to was the phrasing used in the scans linked.

"An aura is like a battery. Without it, you die."

"Aura is like the battery for living things. And without the battery, the motor won't run."

And so on.

These quotes are both used in reference to Aira, in particular, as answers to the question of what has occurred to her. These quotes establish what the causal relationship between the variables is in this situation - it is not a matter of "Aira died, so her aura disappeared", it's a matter of "Aira's aura disappeared, so she died". If it were the former, these answers would be nonsensical. Consider how, if she died from an extraneous cause, then these characters bringing up how "you die without an aura" as an explanation for her situation would be irrelevant.

Because of that, the first possibility doesn't work. The Yokai did something that made her lose her aura.

I don't completely agree here. The particular thing I wanted to call attention to was the phrasing used in the scans linked.

"An aura is like a battery. Without it, you die."

"Aura is like the battery for living things. And without the battery, the motor won't run."

And so on.

These quotes are both used in reference to Aira, in particular, as answers to the question of what has occurred to her. These quotes establish what the causal relationship between the variables is in this situation - it is not a matter of "Aira died, so her aura disappeared", it's a matter of "Aira's aura disappeared, so she died". If it were the former, these answers would be nonsensical. Consider how, if she died from an extraneous cause, then these characters bringing up how "you die without an aura" as an explanation for her situation would be irrelevant.

Because of that, the first possibility doesn't work. The Yokai did something that made her lose her aura.
Okay, like I said, if the staff agree with and resist Aura manipulation, then I have no objection. Because I thought it was reasonable. But anyway, do you think it should be resis Life mani, Soul mani or Death mani?

I concur that it's probably not Soul Manipulation if non-living things have auras.

Have previous CRTs for this verse brought up auras, by any chance? Setting a precedent for how we treat auras for this verse would be helpful for figuring out how to categorise these feats.

As you might thing, soul manipulation doesn't make sense either. Because non-living things do not have souls.
I concur that it's probably not Soul Manipulation if non-living things have auras.
Agree

Have previous CRTs for this verse brought up auras, by any chance? Setting a precedent for how we treat auras for this verse would be helpful for figuring out how to categorise these feats.
It's not in CRT, but in profile (it's soul and death like in OP), but since when we wrote those profiles. We don't really talk about this. So I think it's better to use what's in this thread.

It's not in CRT, but in profile (it's soul and death like in OP), but since when we wrote those profiles. We don't really talk about this. So I think it's better to use what's in this thread.
Understood. Those listings may be worthy of discussion for future revisions, but let's stay on topic for now.

Perhaps this Yokai ability could be treated as some form of Energy Manipulation? The implication in the sources is that their Aura is what sustains them (in regards to the "battery" analogy), so removing their aura could be thought of as removing their energy.

I’m fine with Energy Manipulation

But I'll start by elaborating on the concept of the aura first. The aura is present in almost everything - both living and nonliving things possess auras. It's also closely related to the curse of Okarun and the spirit form of the Turbo Granny. Therefore, it can be concluded that the aura serves as a battery for living things and possibly yokai (since the scans only mention living things, but yokai vanish when they lose their aura). The aura provides energy for nonliving things, spirits, and curses.

Then Is who have powers like Okarun and Momo have more resistance to curses and souls? Removing the aura would be like removing curses and spirits as well. However, there's nothing to support this idea. Instead, it would be more effective to classify auras without stereotypes, rather than assuming that all auras are the same. In which the story describes auras that have different colors. which may include the type of it.

So it was concluded that Yokai like Acrobatic Silky could only cause the disappearance of energy auras, not curse or soul auras.

I also agree with energy manipulation

But Now, after searching for aura related feats, I found out where I got my soul manipulation from.

With spiritual power and paranormal ability You will be able to survive being eaten by a yokai. Spiritual power is obvious, paranormal ability comes from harnessing the Chi/ki to control spiritual power.

In the end, I think that I put it in so that the reader can understand if any character has Spirit energy can resist this ability.

Besides, even though Momo's special ability to control aura comes from accessing spirit energy. Other characters that have access to spiritual energy cannot see/control their aura. Therefore, the aura was not directly related to spirit energy.

fixed it

People with spiritual power powers & youkai​

Resistance to Energy manipulation & Aura manipulation (People and yokai with spiritual power Able to survive being eaten by a yokai Eaten by the youkai, which causes the aura the energy needed to sustain life, to disappear and kill an ordinary person.)

All yokai

Energy manipulation & Aura manipulation ( If people without spiritual powers is eaten by a youkai, their aura disappears, that aura is the energy necessary for the functioning of the body, causing them to die. )

Last edited:
Why still death manipulation? It's just a consequence of Energy manipulation. There's no need for Death manipulation, plus you mentioned Soul manipulation before, not Death.

Resistance to Energy manipulation & Aura manipulation (People and yokai with paranormal abilities or spiritual power are able to survive being eaten by a yokai. When an ordinary person is eaten by a yokai, it causes their aura, which is the battery needed to sustain life, to disappear and results in their death)

Energy manipulation & Aura manipulation (If people without paranormal abilities or spiritual power are eaten by a yokai, their aura disappears. This aura is the battery necessary for the body to function, and its disappearance results in their death)

@Damage3245 @DarkDragonMedeus @DarkGrath I've corrected the grammar and some words. What do you guys think?

Resistance to Energy manipulation & Aura manipulation (People and yokai with paranormal abilities or spiritual power are able to survive being eaten by a yokai. When an ordinary person is eaten by a yokai, it causes their aura, which is the battery needed to sustain life, to disappear and results in their death)

Energy manipulation & Aura manipulation (If people without paranormal abilities or spiritual power are eaten by a yokai, their aura disappears. This aura is the battery necessary for the body to function, and its disappearance results in their death)
There's nothing to strongly disagree with, but paranormal abilities come from harnessing spiritual power, so I don't think it need to write a separate description.

Momo may have both paranormal abilities and spiritual power. Therefore, it's not something that can be specified as either one. Turbo-Granny also mentioned this matter.

Momo explicitly mentions that she gained her paranormal ability by controlling spirit energy. ( by control her chi)
Yes, I know, but Momo's paranormal abilities are not like Okarun's spiritual power. The context suggests that people who have both can survive, as paranormal abilities come from spiritual power, but it's not something that needs to be specified. I don't think this issue is important at all. I'm just explaining directly from Granny-Turbo's words.

Back