• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DanDaDan ability CRT

Universal resistance

These resistances are given to youkai/people with spirit energy or youkai power.

Resistance to Death Manipulation & Soul Manipulation (People and yokai with spiritual power Able to survive being eaten by a yokai which would instantly kill an ordinary person.)

All yokai

Death Manipulation & Soul Manipulation ( If an ordinary person is eaten by a youkai, they will die.)

Okarun​

Bodily weaponry (In his turbo-granny form, he has sharp clawed teeth and sharp fingernails capable of cutting off alien fingers with his mouth.)

Momo Ayase​

BFR ( By saying the word Pomade ten times, she could temporarily expels the evil spirit from the human dimension, but next time she would have to say it 100 times.)

Seiko​

Blessed (Her barrier-building power came from the gods of the land.)​

Universal resistance

These resistances are given to youkai/people with spirit energy or youkai power.

Resistance to Death Manipulation & Soul Manipulation (People and yokai with spiritual power Able to survive being eaten by a yokai which would instantly kill an ordinary person.)
To be honest, I'm quite skeptical about this. Shouldn't they be resistant to these things? Because even ordinary people can die from being eaten, so Yokai don't necessarily need Death Manipulation to cause their deaths. They may die from lack of oxygen or physical trauma, which can cause ordinary people to die. The same goes for Soul Manipulation, because Yokai in this story mostly still have physical bodies, and it's just that ordinary humans cannot see them. Therefore, normally Yokai attack mostly physically, so Soul Manipulation is maybe quite weird.

Okarun​

Bodily weaponry (In his turbo-granny form, he has sharp clawed teeth and sharp fingernails capable of cutting off alien fingers with his mouth.)
Seem fine to me.

Momo Ayase​

BFR ( By saying the word Pomade ten times, she could temporarily expels the evil spirit from the human dimension, but next time she would have to say it 100 times.)

Seiko​

Seem fine to me.

Last edited:
Because even ordinary people can die from being eaten, so Yokai don't necessarily need Death Manipulation to cause their deaths. They may die from lack of oxygen or physical trauma, which can cause ordinary people to die.
This is not the case. Aira did not die from physical action. she doesn't have a wound And if it was suffocation, Okarun and Momo should have died too.

When Ira is eaten by a Yokai she loses her aura in her body, her heart doesn't work and physical healing can't help her. This suggests that it is a supernatural death, so death manipulation should be correct.

About soul manipulation maybe you correct? But in that case it will affected all proflie and I'm not sure it's can included in this crt.

This is not the case. Aira did not die from physical action. she doesn't have a wound And if it was suffocation, Okarun and Momo should have died too.
Aira was the first one to be eaten and had been in there for a much longer time than Okarun and Momo Ayase. Since they are not ordinary humans, it is not surprising that they were able to survive.
When Ira is eaten by a Yokai she loses her aura in her body, her heart doesn't work and physical healing can't help her. This suggests that it is a supernatural death, so death manipulation should be correct.
The fact that Aira's Aura disappeared may be because she died, not because she died from her Aura was sucked away. We do not know for sure what is in the stomach of Yokai, so guessing that it is Death Manipulation may not be entirely accurate.

This is fine.
This should be replaced with Type 2 Purification.
Death Manipulation & Soul Manipulation ( If an ordinary person is eaten by a youkai, they will die.)
I don't know anything about this verse, so can you elaborate further on the "eaten by a youkai" part? Is "eaten" just a term, or do they literally eat people? If it's the latter, then wouldn't the person die from other things like stomach acid or suffocation? And what does Soul Manipulation have anything to do with this?

And it is clear that Okarun and Momo have extraordinary powers that allow them to survive, so they don't necessarily need resistance to Death Manipulation.

This should be replaced with Type 2 Purification.
How is this Purification? The target was clearly sent to another dimension.
I don't know anything about this verse, so can you elaborate further on the "eaten by a youkai" part? Is "eaten" just a term, or do they literally eat people? If it's the latter, then wouldn't the person die from other things like stomach acid or suffocation? And what does Soul Manipulation have anything to do with this?
literally eat , target don’t die from physical there die instantly every organ in body stop function with out damage no physical way to recover

about soul manipulation I will remove it

Aira was the first one to be eaten and had been in there for a much longer time than Okarun and Momo Ayase. Since they are not ordinary humans, it is not surprising that they were able to survive..
Again Aira did not die of suffocation. resuscitate were attempted on her and Arco silly and turbogranny said it wouldn't help (cpr and attempts to defibrillate and ambulance didn't help either).
The fact that Aira's Aura disappeared may be because she died, not because she died from her Aura was sucked away. We do not know for sure what is in the stomach of Yokai, so guessing that it is Death Manipulation may not be entirely accurate.
If the aura disappears when you die, ghosts and youkai will not have the aura. when everything (including souls and youkai) has an aura

And in the end it still causes death anyway.

I mean, we don't know for sure why she died, so is it really accurate to interpret it as Death Manipulation? There is very little context in the story about this issue. All we know is that people with superpowers like Okarun and Momo were able to survive, so generally people with powers beyond normal humans can survive as well. It's not really a useful hax, as just having a little bit of superpower is enough to survive. Therefore, I think there is no need to have resistance to Death Manipulation.

It is true that everything has an aura, even Yokai, but each case should be distinguished. I don't think that everyone who dies loses their aura and then returns to have an aura again when they become Yokai. When Acrobatic Silky had her aura transferred out of her, Turbo grannny said that Acrobatic Silky could return through maybe reincarnation, which suggests that it is up to her own spirit. Aira did not lose all of her aura continuously after being eaten by Acrobatic Silky "Connect my Aura to Aira's Dwindling Aura" She did not die because her aura was sucked all out by Acrobatic Silky.

I mean, we don't know for sure why she died
Yes, but we know she didn't die from physical action.
. It's not really a useful hax, as just having a little bit of superpower is enough to survive. Therefore, I think there is no need to have resistance to Death Manipulation.
It was a bit of spiritual energy. And even if it's a useless hax it's still a hax like yokai invisibility just because most media characters have the ability to make it useless doesn't mean we shouldn't put it in our profile.

It is true that everything has an aura, even Yokai, but each case should be distinguished. I don't think that everyone who dies loses their aura and then returns to have an aura again when they become Yokai.
Does that mean you agree with me that death doesn't dissipate the aura?

Aira did not lose all of her aura continuously after being eaten by Acrobatic Silky "Connect my Aura to Aira's Dwindling Aura" She did not die because her aura was sucked all out by Acrobatic Silky.
Those auras weren't even enough for her heart to work. She died from the lack of aura anyway despite the small amount of aura in her body.

Ok You don't have to agree with me, just answer this question. If a character has an ability that kills a person without a physical attack what will it be

Does that mean you agree with me that death doesn't dissipate the aura?
No, Death also reduced Aira's aura. I just disagree with Aira that she died from having her aura sucked out.
Ok You don't have to agree with me, just answer this question. If a character has an ability that kills a person without a physical attack what will it be
That doesn't mean it's an only Death Manipulation. Normally, I don't think that ordinary people can survive being eaten by Yokais. And when Aira came out of the Yokai's stomach, she had wounds that could have been caused by fire, but how would we know if there wasn't any physical attack? Finally, it's speculated that she died either because she couldn't breathe or was burned by stomach acid. CPR wouldn't help in either case. I don't think Momo is an expert in this field. She's just a student, not a doctor, so it's not surprising that she couldn't help Aira. Aira was the first one eaten and was in the stomach the longest. She was just an ordinary person, so I don't think it's possible for a normal human to survive being eaten by Yokai. Under normal circumstances, I don't think ordinary humans can survive.

No, Death also reduced Aira's aura. I just disagree with Aira that she died from having her aura sucked out.
There was no evidence that dying would decrease the aura. It's just that if the aura disappears, you will die. (And even if there are few, you will die.)

Finally, it's speculated that she died either because she couldn't breathe or was burned by stomach acid. CPR wouldn't help in either case. I don't think Momo is an expert in this field. She's just a student, not a doctor, so it's not surprising that she couldn't help Aira.
First of all, there are no traces of acid burning.

Secondly, I don't know what you're talking about, cpr and M2M are suffocation first aid methods, and by Turbo-granny it's useless. They even tried to call the paramedics by ambulance, but the Turbo-granny insisted it was in vain. So it's not about expertise in first aid.

Last and most important Aira instantly recovered without being injured by the Aura. If she dies of suffocation Why did she suddenly revive when she received an aura? Her heart still wouldn't beat at that moment, if it was a suffocation death, I don't think it would immediately continue beating.

There was no evidence that dying would decrease the aura. It's just that if the aura disappears, you will die. (And even if there are few, you will die.)
This does not need evidence. In context, it means when Aira died, Aura inside her was disappearing. It's straightforward
First of all, there are no traces of acid burning.
How do you know?
Secondly, I don't know what you're talking about, cpr and M2M are suffocation first aid methods, and by Turbo-granny it's useless. They even tried to call the paramedics by ambulance, but the Turbo-granny insisted it was in vain. So it's not about expertise in first aid.

Last and most important Aira instantly recovered without being injured by the Aura. If she dies of suffocation Why did she suddenly revive when she received an aura? Her heart still wouldn't beat at that moment, if it was a suffocation death, I don't think it would immediately continue beating.
Aira only received Aura from Acrobatic Silky, which allowed her heart to continue functioning. Nevertheless, Aura is like a life force, but Aira's Aura was disappearing, so a replacement Aura came in. The important thing is the reason for losing Aura, which is what? It's because Aira died but to make her die It doesn't have to be a Death Manipulation, that's all.

This does not need evidence. In context, it means when Aira died, Aura inside her was disappearing. It's straightforward
It still needs evidence. If the aura disappears when you die like that, the ghost will have no aura.
How do you know?
Because we can clearly see Aira's body?

Aira only received Aura from Acrobatic Silky, which allowed her heart to continue functioning.
That means her body/heart is not damaged. If she died from physical causes They will take damage.

It still needs evidence. If the aura disappears when you die like that, the ghost will have no aura.
Can you please stop giving me the example that I'm dead?💀 and again
It is true that everything has an aura, even Yokai, but each case should be distinguished. I don't think that everyone who dies loses their aura and then returns to have an aura again when they become Yokai.
Because we can clearly see Aira's body?
And we still see the wound from where she was burned, how do you know some of it wasn't stomach acid?
That means her body/heart is not damaged. If she died from physical causes They will take damage.
That doesn't make enough of a reason for using Death Manipulation, because we still don't know exactly why she died.

Can you please stop giving me the example that I'm dead?💀 and again
This is head canon every ghost we seen have auraAnd we still see the wound from where she was burned, how do you know some of it wasn't stomach acid?
And we still see the wound from where she was burned, how do you know some of it wasn't stomach acid?
Stomach acid is not mentioned in the story at all.

and if the Aira dies from being bitten by stomach acid Why did she suddenly revive upon receiving the aura? Her wounds did not heal from the aura.

In addition, if there is acid Momo and Okarun didn't get hit by acid at all and they didn't survive getting in slower than Aira. Turbo granny clearly said that they survive because of supernatural powers. (Please don't say supernatural powers save people from acid.)
That doesn't make enough of a reason for using Death Manipulation, because we still don't know exactly why she died.
You have to prove that she died from physical injuries so it wouldn't be a death manipulation, but there's a lot of contradictions here.

1. Spirit power can make you survive. Therefore, dying should be about spiritual energy.

2. Physical therapy does not help.

3. She instantly revives when receiving an aura.

This is head canon every ghost we seen have auraAnd we still see the wound from where she was burned, how do you know some of it wasn't stomach acid?
??? Yes, I don’t know. But it's possible. when in the stomach Acid may be involved.
Stomach acid is not mentioned in the story at all.

and if the Aira dies from being bitten by stomach acid Why did she suddenly revive upon receiving the aura? Her wounds did not heal from the aura.

In addition, if there is acid Momo and Okarun didn't get hit by acid at all and they didn't survive getting in slower than Aira. Turbo granny clearly said that they survive because of supernatural powers. (Please don't say supernatural powers save people from acid.)
Once again, I didn't mean that Aira would die from acid, it's just one more possible cause of her death.

How is that different from the fire burns she suffered? Even when she was revived, she still had lingering burns, some of which could have been caused by acid. Besides, when someone dies, it's likely due to some form of injury or cell death from the heart stop beating. I don't think it would be surprising if Aura's transfer involved some small-scale wound healing.

Why not? Since Okarun and Momo already have above-average durability due to their special powers, it's not surprising that they could survive, unlike normal people like Aira.
You have to prove that she died from physical injuries so it wouldn't be a death manipulation, but there's a lot of contradictions here.

1. Spirit power can make you survive. Therefore, dying should be about spiritual energy.

2. Physical therapy does not help.

3. She instantly revives when receiving an aura.
And that's not a sufficient reason to use Death Manipulation.

1. What you brought up could also be attributed to resisting Soul Manipulation, and having such powers could increase their durability, making it possible for them to survive beyond ordinary people.

2. How would that help when Aira has already died? Normally, you can't pump a dead person's heart, so what good would it do if it's not a real heart pump?

3. Aira still experiences severe coughing after being revived, and if she didn't suffer any physical injuries, these symptoms wouldn't occur. If a person experiences a lack of air for a prolonged period of time, they may experience coughing when they begin to breathe again. This is because the body's natural response to a lack of oxygen is to try to expel any blockages in the airway and increase oxygen intake, which can result in coughing or gasping for air.

Last edited:
So, a few things.

Okarun​

Momo Ayase​

Seiko​

All of this should be fine. Type 2 Purification could technically also fit for Momo Ayase's feat, but one way or the other, it is a BFR feat.

The Death/Soul Manipulation matters are contentious. To be frank, I don't think suggestions like "they're dying in stomach acid" make a lot of sense within what the scan shows, but that's not really the issue - the issue is just a lack of context. We know that the Yokai do something which the characters refer to as "eating", and that when they do this, the person they "eat" dies. The reason why Death/Soul Manipulation is contentious is because the scan doesn't elaborate on what "eating" means in this context, or how the person in question is dying. It could be Death/Soul Manipulation, but it could also be something totally different. We can't give a specific ability or set of abilities to this based on the information provided, as nothing specific is deducible.

Thank you, DarkGrath. This is what I wanted to say. I didn't want them to be resistant to acid. I just wanted to suggest that it could be another possible cause of her death. Since we don't know why she died, using Death/Soul Manipulation should not be done, as there is too little context to gain anything from this feat.

I would like to call for any other scans referencing the Yokai's abilities (particularly any related to "eating") to be produced, if they exist. Any kind of elaboration could help us explicitly apply an ability here.

In the manga, there is only one Yokai that has ever eaten humans, which is Acrobatic Silky. The story follows Aira, who is eaten by Silky and Momo and Okarun try to help her but they also end up being eaten. Later, according to these scans, people with powers like Okarun and Momo can survive, but Aira cannot because she is a normal human. I'm sure other scans would be useful, but you can find more details in chapters 14-17.

I would like to call for any other scans referencing the Yokai's abilities (particularly any related to "eating") to be produced, if they exist. Any kind of elaboration could help us explicitly apply an ability here.
Most of the scans were about the lack of Aura and Aira's stats but it happened after she was eaten so I'll gather them here.( I believe the reduced aura caused Aira's death but it's unconfirmed)

Aira is dead and Attempts of first aid, CPR, and resuscitation were unsuccessful because her body lacks an aura.

The aura is like the energy of a living being. Her organs don't work because they don't have an aura. With no aura, living beings and even dead things like youkai will die.

The way to save Aira is to infuse an aura into her body and she instantly revives upon receiving it.

I think this is all.

My whole point is that I think being eaten by a yokai makes Aira's aura disappear(which causes death of what it eats) because every ghost/yokai that appears in the verse still has an aura (and from scans if they don't they die).

So the disappearance of Aira's aura was not likely from death but rather from being swallowed.

Edit: Also if it's tampering with the aura it still makes sense for people with supernatural powers to survive because in dandadan most supernatural people can control the aura or have a cursed aura.

Last edited:
Yokai can also die again when their Aura disappears. When a human dies and their Aura disappears, they may be reborn as Yokai and come back with Aura. However, if the Aura in their Yokai body disappears, they will die and may be reborn again as a human being.

Again, in the scans, there is nowhere that states what happens to the Aura when Yokai consume something. Normally, when humans die, their Aura leaves their body. The Aura does not necessarily have to be sucked out in order for the individual to die. Aira just dies for some reason and causes the Aura to decrease.

Normally, when humans die, their Aura leaves their body. The Aura does not necessarily have to be sucked out in order for the individual to die. Aira just dies for some reason and causes the Aura to decrease.
I don't remember if this was mentioned in the story. The decrease in aura was not confirmed to be caused by death. If you confirm it like that, can I have a scane please?

There are no scans, I'm just giving an example of not being able to use Aura manipulation. It's a speculation no different from Death/Soul Manipulation because there's no context that it is actually Aura manipulation, and it can't be used as such.

Now there are three staff members who agree that it may not be Soul/Death Manipulation. I'll wait and see if they agree that it's Aura manipulation, but personally, I still don't agree.

And of course, you don't have any scans to prove that it's really Aura manipulation. What you sent just explains that Aira died and her Aura is about to disappear. It still doesn't say that Acrobatic Silky is the one who actually sucks out Aira's Aura.

And of course, you don't have any scans to prove that it's really Aura manipulation. What you sent just explains that Aira died and her Aura is about to disappear. It still doesn't say that Acrobatic Silky is the one who actually sucks out Aira's Aura.
This true but I have scans that youkai ('dead people') retain their aura even after they are dead. Even inorganic mater like stones have an aura (and if everything Momo control have aura Cars, building ruins, rocks, houses, hoses, and water all have an aura.)

So I don't think the aura will go away after death.

Aira's aura is described as a life force aura, which is strange since non-living things are not typically associated with life force. Momo mentions that there are different types of auras, including curse auras, life force auras, turbo-granny spirit auras, and inanimate auras. It's possible that Aira's disappearing aura is simply her life force, as noted in the scans, non-living beings don't have any fire-shaped Auras. But maybe it's shining instead, like Seiko and Okarun. This could be a physical aura rather than a life force aura.

Therefore, the aura that Aira is experiencing might be just the aura of life force, not the aura of non-living things.

However, I am starting to be okay with resisting Aura manipulation and Life manipulation now because it is more plausible and reasonable than Death/Soul manipulation. If the staff agrees, I will follow suit.

However, I am starting to be okay with resisting Aura manipulation and Life manipulation now because it is more plausible and reasonable than Death/Soul manipulation. If the staff agrees, I will follow suit.
TBH I don't care what ability it is, it just has to be something (and Life manipulation can still cause instant death so I have no objection).

Most of the scans were about the lack of Aura and Aira's stats but it happened after she was eaten so I'll gather them here.( I believe the reduced aura caused Aira's death but it's unconfirmed)

Aira is dead and Attempts of first aid, CPR, and resuscitation were unsuccessful because her body lacks an aura.

The aura is like the energy of a living being. Her organs don't work because they don't have an aura. With no aura, living beings and even dead things like youkai will die.

The way to save Aira is to infuse an aura into her body and she instantly revives upon receiving it.
These scans were very helpful for understanding the situation. I greatly appreciate it.

One very important thing of note here is that the scans establish that it is the removal of the aura that causes their death, not the other way around. The big creepy dude (don't know his name) specifically states in reference to Aira that "An aura is like a battery - without it, you die.". This quote implies that it is Aira's aura being removed that is causing her death, as it would be irrelevant to the context if it was the other way around. This further implies that what she went through (the "eating" by the Yokai) was a process that drained her aura.

Ergo, the Yokai "eating" Aira involved draining her aura. You could technically argue we don't know whether they did it directly or by some kind of chain reaction, but I see no good reason to infer the latter. With this in mind, we just need to know what an "aura" is in the first place - if it is analogous to a person's soul in this setting, Soul Manipulation should be passable.

These scans were very helpful for understanding the situation. I greatly appreciate it.

One very important thing of note here is that the scans establish that it is the removal of the aura that causes their death, not the other way around. The big creepy dude (don't know his name) specifically states in reference to Aira that "An aura is like a battery - without it, you die.". This quote implies that it is Aira's aura being removed that is causing her death, as it would be irrelevant to the context if it was the other way around. This further implies that what she went through (the "eating" by the Yokai) was a process that drained her aura.

Ergo, the Yokai "eating" Aira involved draining her aura. You could technically argue we don't know whether they did it directly or by some kind of chain reaction, but I see no good reason to infer the latter. With this in mind, we just need to know what an "aura" is in the first place - if it is analogous to a person's soul in this setting, Soul Manipulation should be passable.
The Aura mentioned in the story is everything. Even nonliving things things have Auras, of course, nonliving things don't have souls. However, there are many types of Auras, but the Aura that Acrobatic Silky is talking about is batteries, which I think life energy is more relevant than souls, but as I've said there's no indication of what Acrobatic Silky does to Aira's Aura, only that when Aira dies, her Aura is like her battery disappearing.

So there are 2 possibilities.
  1. Acrobatic Silky eats Aira —> Aira died from some cause—> Her Aura disappeared due to her death.
  2. Acrobatic Silky eats Aira —> Acrobatic Silky did something, causing Aira's Aura to disappear almost entirely —> Aira is dead
If in the first case, will not get any abilities.

However, it is still unclear if Aira died because Acrobatic Silky did something to her Aura.

With this in mind, we just need to know what an "aura" is in the first place - if it is analogous to a person's soul in this setting, Soul Manipulation should be passable.
I think we don't have an aura definition yet so I think Aura manipulation should replace soul manipulation. I still insist that there should be death manipulation, although it may not be death control, but to be able to immediately understand that it causes death.

As for life manipulation, it's weird because non-living things still have an aura. (Personally I think the aura is similar to oxygen? It exists in many non-living things but when it is in living things it is especially necessary as energy. However, this is purely headcanon.)

Back