• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D.Gray-Man General Discussion Thread

How can it be avoided? and how would air manipulation be a problem?
Tyki needs to activate to be able to use intangibility, which would be a problem, since Mash has speed boosters that allow him to land 65536 attacks on his opponent in an instant, without being able to react to a single movement. Each punch possessing the strength to create shockwaves capable of injuring characters far above 80 teratons. Extra sensory perception would also help him to perceive Tyki's dangers before he even begins to attack

Besides the fact that Mash's stealth is quite broken
EE him or **** his ass up with Dark Matter.
He does not start with EE

Can't Dark Matter be like, avoided like many characters already do in the series?

Can't Dark Matter be like, avoided like many characters already do in the series?
they avoid it by dodging or blocking with innocence. One hit and mash would be severely damaged and likely die due to its hax.

Tyki needs to activate to be able to use intangibility, which would be a problem, since Mash has speed boosters that allow him to land 65536 attacks on his opponent in an instant, without being able to react to a single movement. Each punch possessing the strength to create shockwaves capable of injuring characters far above 80 teratons. Extra sensory perception would also help him to perceive Tyki's dangers before he even begins to attack
In unequal speed the fight would be over since Mash can blitz yeah but equal speed Tyki would react.

Besides the fact that Mash's stealth is quite broken
Tyki's intang is semi-passive within combat-based scenarios as accepted on the profile and shown in the series, so all of this doesn't matter given that fact.

He isn't interacting with Tyki Mikk so his stealth doesn't matter.
He does not start with EE

If he's serious (Which he arguably would given Mash's ap advantage) he'll start out with EE as stated by Road.

Yeah? Tyki could also just create a multi kilometre blast of Dark Matter like Earl did if Mash keeps dodging all of his attacks.

Tyki can also cloak himself in Dark Matter which would passively induce all of the effects of Dark Matter onto those who come in-contact with him.

Tyki's intang is semi-passive within combat-based scenarios as accepted on the profile and shown in the series, so all of this doesn't matter given that fact.
Sure, but Tyki doesn't fly or create vacuum all the time, which means he normally interacts with air. Therefore FTE shockwaves to him would still be a problem, since they are air-based.
If he's serious (Which he arguably would given Mash's ap advantage) he'll start out with EE as stated by Road
But Tyki cannot feel the opponent's power
Tyki could also just create a multi kilometre blast of Dark Matter like Earl did if Mash keeps dodging all of his attacks.
Mash can run away with FTE speed boost (Big Bang Dash)
Tyki can also cloak himself in Dark Matter which would passively induce all of the effects of Dark Matter onto those who come in-contact with him.
Mash doesn't have to touch Tyki though

Sure, but Tyki doesn't fly or create vacuum all the time, which means he normally interacts with air. Therefore FTE shockwaves to him would still be a problem, since they are air-based.
Proof Mash starts with that?
But Tyki cannot feel the opponent's power
Tyki has Extrasensory Perception
Mash can run away with FTE speed boost (Big Bang Dash)
Doubt it's enough to cover city wide AoE.
Mash doesn't have to touch Tyki though
Tyki usually starts by Phasing.

Proof Mash starts with that?
It was his first move after wanting to defeat Domina as quickly as possible. You can see it in the scans in the profile
Tyki has Extrasensory Perception
In the profile it does not list that Tyki is able to sense an opponent's strength, especially one whose only source of power is pure muscle and not something with an energy system
Doubt it's enough to cover city wide AoE.
Well, it is simply a momentary speed boost, but it will still put Mash well away from the explosion. Besides the fact that the speed of the explosion is unknown

Also, Tyki is not a character who does that in any case
Tyki usually starts by Phasing
Of course. But what do you mean by that?

I will create the Vs Thread later. Discussing here is not right

Well, it is simply a momentary speed boost, but it will still put Mash well away from the explosion. Besides the fact that the speed of the explosion is unknown
I mean considering that none of the characters there could outrun the explosion kinda shows how fast the explosion is. People like Kanda and Lavi who mind you could extend his hammer pretty fast couldn't escape it. but yea make a discussion thread

As far as I know they don't have really good travel speeds
Lavi does with the hammer, he intercepted an Akuma while off panel and it shot at Allen but the shot didn't hit so he's definitely faster than supersonic minimum with it. iirc also he traversed a town pretty quick with it too.

__lenalee_lee_d_gray_man_drawn_by_izullu__sample-2ef2e0047f819043864623666cbd8364.jpg

GOATlanee Lee fanart

I feel like Cross's dickishness in the past is comparable to this but honestly yeah this is new even for him.

New Chapter came out a couple days ago.

Edit: VSBW doesn't allow Manga(s)ee so i couldn't post the actual chapter itself.

We're starting to finally wrap up on the flashback arc it seems, which is nice, i definitely enjoyed Allen's backstory being fleshed out more, alongside Mana and Cross but i want more present day content. The art is still phenomenal, and so is the actual story as well. Allen's reasoning for staying with Mana, and how he gained his name was beautifully crafted and implemented.

I'd rate the chapter a solid 7/8 out of 10, was definitely good imo.

An incredibly large and late bump.

I'm finally returning to the verse, I have put off revising the series given the amount of work and time it will take to revise and create everything I want. But that time has passed, I have new found energy to put in that time and effort to make this one of, if not the best verse on this wiki. It's the least I can do for my favorite manga of all time.

Back