• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cygnus Hyoga (God Cloth) VS Dragon Shiryu (God Cloth)

Tough call, honestly.

I personally view the power level of the Main 5 Bronzies to be this:

Pegasus Seiya (Peak of Power only)

Phoenix Ikki

Andromeda Shun

Dragon Shiryu

Cygnus Hyoga

There's quite a lot of evidence to support this:

According to the Taizen Encyclopedia, Hyoga is the worst fighter of the main 5.

(You can see it here: http://unionmangas.com.br/leitor/mangas/Saint Seiya - Taizen Encyclopedia/02/11.jpg) On the top right corner Hyoga's fighting skills are listed as:

• 1 Punches: 5/5 *2 Kicks: 3/5 *3 Weapon Techniques: 2/5 *4 Psychic Attacks: 2/5 *5 Grabs and Throws: 2/5
This isn't something shown only in that series either. Please remember how Hyoga faired at first during the 12 Houses Arc. He was the last Saint to even awaken hints of the 7th Sense (Only in the House of Scorpio), was the first to go down with Saga's another dimension and his first fight with Camus, and only "win" the second cause Camus acted like he didn't have the Absolute 0. This isn't even mentioning the Hades Chapter, where he is the last Saint to awaken the 8th Sense (Only in his fight with Minos)

Meanwhile Shiryu is a way better fighter, has a cleaner and more focused mind, and his attacks show noticeable technique. He was one of the first Saints to reach the 7th Sense, defeated the strongest Marine General sans Kanon, when he reached the 8th sense he defeated three Gold Saint level Specters at once. He has both the Excalibur, the Rozan Hundred Rising Dragons, and the Final Dragon as a last resort suicide moon.

However, I will give this to Hyoga: The Aurora Execution is an immensely powerful attack, that could easily kill Shiryu should it hit him. But I will still go with Shiryu.

I say Hyoga, cuz he's Russian and Russians are hitmen so Hyoga must have a plan to make Shiryu lose through intimidation (jk)

Matthew wht you said are true but remember hyoga can do absolute zero even with his diamnon dust so aurora excution would be much colder .

Tough call...I'm going to go with Shiryu because of really what Matthew Schroeder said and Shiryu's Excalibur may give him an advantage because of its possible use as a surprise attack. Note: None of the other Saints has ever seen Shiryu use Excalibur in person and I don't think the talk about their attacks with each other. Shiryu fought Krishna and Gordon with it...neither fight Hyoga was nearby for.

Nkonjo said:
Sooo ^^ it,s been 2 month. who should get the win in the end ?
I would personally say Hyoga because of his freezing powers. He's been able to freeze cloths of his level and greater before the god cloth, so I think its safe to assume he can freeze a god cloth as well. Shiryu is the better fighter (the best martial artist of the 5 imo), but Hyoga has better abilities. Alot of people forget how strong Hyoga is due to his fight record, but if he fought the other Bronze Saints at any point, he would easily be able to disable/freeze them as he was able to Freeze gold cloths after the Sanctuary arc, and Bronze freezes easily compared to that. He was able to freeze bronze cloths since the galaxian wars right? Against Hydra?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Hyoga was pretty powerful in the beginning of the series, only beneath Shun and Ikki.

Hyoga is the worst fighter with one of the best abilites, so he's balanced out. I think that all the main Bronzes are somewhat balanced. (IMO) Seiya at base is the weakest of the 5, and has an extremely limited, straightforward, and predictable moveset, but is the best at burning his cosmo to new limits. Like defeating opponents that could previously one shot him with no effort by burning his cosmo. Shun could be the strongest if he doesn't hold back, but due to his nature, he almost always holds back and appears to be the weakest when he's really not. His Nebula Stream/Storm combo is arguably the strongest technique in all the main 5's movesets. I haven't seen anyone overcome it yet. (I didn't read Next Dimension or finish all the movies and Omega yet, so no spoilers plz) Shiryu is like Seiya, but a little more versatile. He dosen't have hax and is a pretty striaght forward fighter and but he is the best Martial Artist in the group with the best technique in his attacks, is a heavy hitter and has Excalibur, but due to his kamikaze-ish style of fighting *always* gets heavily injured or loses one of his senses in his major fights. Hyoga is the worst fighter of the 5 (not saying he's a bad fighter, just the worst compared to the other 4), but has the most haxed ability of them. Freezinh. During his debut, he could freeze bronze cloths, and may or may not have beaten Ikki if Ikki hadn't "seen" his technique. Him freezing bronze cloths means that if it came to it, he could've frozen the other 4's cloths as all bronze cloths have the same freezing point. Eventually, he gets Absolute Zero Freezing techniques, then surpasses that hundreds of times over by the end of the Hades arc. Most haxed indeed. Ikki is the exception that is the OP one of the group with great physical and mental attacks, resurrection, and always seems a level above his 4 friends/brothers. He rarely gets owned, and when he does, it's usually by an extremely powerful enemy (Shaka, Saga, Kanon, Hades, Thanatos). I see them as all somewhat balanced besides Ikki, but under the right circumstances, any one of the 5 can beat each other.

Back