• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Maybe one of Adam Smashers 2 early keys
Idn exactly since I'm not to familiar with the verse
honestly should apply to both as full borgs>> any regular cyberware you can install and with smashers body choice (aka armor and strength focused) even his samson body would have vastly superior power output to any gorilla arms and Dai Oni is just the samson body in an even more powerful exo suit so it would scale drastically higher than the base gorilla arms

This looks fine enough. when linking the scan it should probably include the fact it does state glass as well because that is what the calculation is based on, instead of it saying metal only.

honestly should apply to both as full borgs>> any regular cyberware you can install and with smashers body choice (aka armor and strength focused) even his samson body would have vastly superior power output to any gorilla arms and Dai Oni is just the samson body in an even more powerful exo suit so it would scale drastically higher than the base gorilla arms
Any idea how to word that for the profile?

Any idea how to word that for the profile?
hmmm, I think I got something

for the samson body: Class M (smasher posseses a samson cyborg body which is specifically designed to be the perfect worker providing as much strength and protection as possible for incredibally dangerus jobs and as such should be superior to a singular cybernetic implant like the gorilla arms)

for Dai Oni: At least Class M (The Dai Oni worn by smasher is a cyberskeleton worn over his smamson body and as such should be above the previouse key)

Well to clear things up:
  • Those aren't Gorilla Arms. Those are just generic Cyberarms from the 2020 and 2013 TTRPG
  • Smasher scales because he has Borg Arms which is directly stated as being better than Cyberarms
  • David / V / Whoever scales because they possess Generation IV or V arms (I'll have to get the scans) which are vastly superior to the Generation I or II arms the statement is from
Thought Class M is like, 100% an outlier in terms of what they can lift. Though I guess we don't seperate crushing strength to its in a weird gray area.

Alright for the scans:
Though all versions say the same thing:
The popular myth about cyberlimbs is that they enable their owners to perform all kinds of superheroic feats. To a point, it’s true: cyberlimbs can be designed with boosted strength and speed, using synthetic muscle fibers and silicon chips. What you won’t find are people running at two–hundred miles per hour, bending steel bars with their hands, or throwing Volkswagens around. Why can’t you go around lifting cars and punching down walls like the cyborgs in the comics? Simple physiology. The replacement limb must be able to work in concert with the remaining “meat” parts of the body. But within limits, a cyber– equipped person can do some pretty impressive party tricks:
So overall you can't actually lift anything of notable mass without being a full conversion or close to one.

So imo
  • Class M grip strength would be fine but not Class M general strength
  • If you can prove you're an equivalent of a full conversion then yeah you might scale to Class M

So Adam Smasher alone would basically scale in all regards
Adam Smasher would scale, Endgame V would probably have "At least Class 1, with Class M grip strength; at most Class M (Can potentially becomes a full Borg)". Dunno about David exactly, but he might count since he's basically a Borg by the end of the series but idk.

I'll get the quote screenshots, but basically the canon is: If you're organic you have to follow human limits, if you're a full Borg you're only limited to how strong your metal is.

Hey I remembered about this thread again.

Anyways here's the link. By canon unless you're a full conversion Borg you can't do radical strength or movement speed feats since your fleshy parts still hold you back.

As such, if the rest of you are alright with it, we should only give character Class M grip strength unless we can show that they're full Borgs (Smasher counts, V can become one according to achievements and David probably counts).

Are you alright with the above @Shmeatywerbenmanjenson ?

Anyways here's the link. By canon unless you're a full conversion Borg you can't do radical strength or movement speed feats since your fleshy parts still hold you back.

As such, if the rest of you are alright with it, we should only give character Class M grip strength unless we can show that they're full Borgs (Smasher counts, V can become one according to achievements and David probably counts).

In one of the side missions in Dogtown, some character has a secret loot stash under a metal trash dumpster that V has to push aside, which, from a quick search, is like 0.6 tons empty and can hold up to 2-3 tons. This is also before accounting for friction. There's no way they're below class 5.

Granted, I don't see any Phantom Liberty on the profiles.

. This is also before accounting for friction. There's no way they're below class 5.
I didn't say they couldn't be stronger, but they wouldn't have Class M strength without being Borg'ed out. Canonically their meat portion cannot handle the strain the cyberlimbs can.

That would be fine with me

So what would the keys for V and David look like?
In one of the side missions in Dogtown, some character has a secret loot stash under a metal trash dumpster that V has to push aside, which, from a quick search, is like 0.6 tons empty and can hold up to 2-3 tons. This is also before accounting for friction. There's no way they're below class 5.

Granted, I don't see any Phantom Liberty on the profiles.
It'd be a slight upgrade when factoring in the friction coefficient which usually cuts down the weight moved by about 50%

So what would the keys for V and David look like?
V would be "[Calc of garbage bin], Class M grip strength. Possibly Class M (Can be a full borg)"

David is probably "Likely Class M (Stated to be nearly as chromed as Smasher, which should make him a full Borg)."

Then just note in your calc = Cyberarms are Class M Grip Strength and Borgs scale to the full value. Then just insert the images included above for the justification.

Is anyone against me making the above changes to everyone? I can also make a scaling explanation in the hub page to smooth it out if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back