• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cyberpunk (Series) General CRT

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Hello everyone, this thread is a focus point for some minor profile changes and adding some new stuff to the verse:

Adam Smasher

Of all the profiles Adam would need the least amount of work. Basically just expanding his third key and making his ratings better justified.

Sandbox is here

V

V's profile is acceptable (though the render could use more work), but the big issue is their P&A key. The main issue is this: V is limited by their Cyberware. They cannot have a Sandevistan, Berserker and Cyberdeck active at the same time. Also stuff like V's leg implants cannot be exchanged. If V is using the Lynx Paws then they can't use the Fortified Ankles or the Reinforced Tendons at the same time. As such my proposal is as follows:
  • V needs multiple tabbers for their other implants. What I mean is that V would need both a Sandevistan, Cyberdeck and Berserk tab
  • For Cyberware I'm not 100% sure what to do here other than mention the implants they could have, but that might make using them for a fight difficult
  • We might need to define V better, this road map may help out
The current sandbox is here. The main issue is probably wording since I changed all the gendered language to neutral ones since I think that's what we're supposed to do with player-dependent gender choices, but it makes some of the phrasing pretty weird.

Lucy and David

WIP Profiles: David / Lucy

Basically:
  • We need to get some justification for their 9-B ratings or change them. David has no (major) physical augmentations Pre-Timeskip to scale from. Post-Timeskip and with the Cyberskeleton he has calcs or scaling, but before we have some issues
  • Lucy also needs to have justifications for her 9-B rating. Her weapon canonically ignores durability and she's not really a physical bruiser. Her only known implants also don't have much to do with boosted physical strength either
For now I would say just make both 10-A or 9-C with 9-C or 9-B weapons

Speed

So next thing to cover is changing people's speeds up. So far the only accepted calc is Dale's which sits at 718 m/s. The big point comes "Well what about the current railgun scaling?"

The main issue is that, well, player characters don't really dodge the railguns in a way that makes them hypersonic. In 2077 Tech weapons can't be autododged by Speedware Boosted enemies and in RED player's dodging hypersonic weapons just doesn't involve enough movement to get such a rating.

As such the current "Hypersonic, High Hypersonic+" becomes "Supersonic, Hypersonic+".

Agreed since we've already discussed this in number and I did some of the calcs

For now I would say just make both 10-A or 9-C with 9-C or 9-B weapons
Either works fine imo I'm not tied to either specifically maybe 9-C for harming tiger claws physically?

For Cyberware I'm not 100% sure what to do here other than mention the implants they could have, but that might make using them for a fight difficult
Could have it like sonics modern game profile and just list everything in a equipment scrollbox for the cyberware

David post time skip could also scale to the gorilla arms calc I did

Last edited:
maybe 9-C for harming tiger claws physically?
For David? I guess 9-C for his one punch against the school kid and the Tyger Claw could work.

For Lucy I don't think she scales since the Monowire just ignores durability.

I'm on board with just giving Lucy 10-A, 9-B with weapons, David is a pretty alright 9-C given he sent that Arasaka kid flying and breaking the screens on the wall

The P&A / Keys are done but the justifications for the tiers would need to be made (David scaling to the Gorilla arms and their speed justification).

Lucy being able to pin David a few times in Cyberpunk should be enough justification for a 10-A/9-C rating? Or would that just be LS?

David's only 9C stuff is with the Sandevistan I think, so I don't imagine Lucy really scaling to that.

Back