• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
The Raven : 0
The Night Haunter : 7
Incon : 0

Realspace Corvus used

So if I read the 40K wiki correctly, I don't think Curze vs Corax was really on fair grounds. Corvus started the fight with one of his claws stuck in Lorgar and was trying to get it out and worst of all, the two of them escaped the fight relatively fine which SBA would never allow.

I'm pretty sure they never got a rematch so I guess I'll see how it goes here. Still waiting for that one massive 40K CRT so may as well just make in-verse matches

Last edited:
So uh, what feats does Corax have? Curze kinda just spends his time winning and loses to Lion who is a monster or because his visions tell him he is meant to catch the L.

So uh, what feats does Corax have? Curze kinda just spends his time winning and loses to Lion who is a monster or because his visions tell him he is meant to catch the L.
Corax’s most relevant feats in this case is mainly just mollywhooping lorgar before he got his psychic awakening. And as mentioned by the OP after that fight, an injured corax fled from curze. Though corax claims that “he could of” killed them both anyways. Another less relevant feat is that he could keep up with Horus in mock duels and wrestling.

todos-aman-a-corvus-v0-lunf0h3o301a1.jpg

I will not translate this, but well

Also Corvus is Fighting Korand for the title of the lord of the night/EL SEÑOR DE LA NOCHE

This is tricky, although I'm not a big fan of Konrad and I've barely read about Corvus, as far as I know, Corvus only needs a 60% chance to win because Konrad always takes the worst vision and if he has to die in which it seems more likely future vision then he will let himself be killed

First off, I didn't cut off their line of sight. They start looking at each other

Second, scans?
Even if you don't cut off their line of sight he can become invisible.
Also I remember this from curze seething about how he haunts the night while corvus owns the night. Or something like that.

Even if you don't cut off their line of sight he can become invisible.
Also I remember this from curze seething about how he haunts the night while corvus owns the night. Or something like that.
I think I'll wait for another knowledgeable member to confirm this

Honestly, I would argue that Curze should be able to beat Corvus even under optimal conditions.

While yes, he did state he would be able to kill Curze and Lorgar back on Istvaan, he did say in the same quote that he probably would've died if he even tried it. That and at that point it would've just been a fight between Corvus and Curze, I mean Lorgar was barely able to stand up after what Corvus did to him:
He should have stayed and fought, should have slain the Night Haunter and killed pathetic Lorgar of the Word Bearers straight after, denying the rebels two of their commanders, even though it might have cost him his life. - Deliverance Lost

And I saw another point brought up that Curze would scale to pre-empowered Horus which, based on the wording, is kind of just based on his physical stats, not exactly their actual skill or anything. That and if other references to Primarch sparring matches is anything to go by, it's not like the Primarchs don't hold back against their brothers, like Vulkan claimed he did when he was with Curze:
Physically, Horus and Corax had proved an even match for each other in their mock-duels and wrestling bouts. - Deliverance Lost

While Curze did pretty much seethe at how much better Corvus was at stealth, he was seemingly able to detect Corax and his men appearing before even any of his legionaries' scanners could and pointed out that Corvus was hiding. He may not be able to know exactly where he is but it's not like he won't know he's there somewhere:
‘My lord…’

Curze silenced him with a gesture. His head came up, sniffing at the air like a hound.

‘We are no longer alone.’

Tovor’s auspex let out a single ping.

‘Weapons!’ commanded Sevatar. The command Claw brought up their bolters.

‘You have us at a tactical disadvantage,’ said Curze. ‘I trust neither you nor my sons will do anything regrettable.’ He looked at Sevatar. ‘Am I right?’

‘If they move, take them down,’ said Sevatar. He held his glaive ready, his finger hovering over the activation stud.

None of the Raven Guard spoke. They left that to their lord.

Very little shocked Sevatar. Even for a Space Marine he was solid as stone, unmoved by the remnant emotions his brothers suffered so much from. But when Corvus Corax emerged from shadow far too shallow to accommodate him, he blinked in surprise. Nothing that big should have been able to materialise that way – his battleplate alone should have revealed him; every mark of power armour growled and thumped and whined with activity. Corax’s did not. His armour ran silently, with no grinding joints, no teeth-itching hum. He appeared from nothing as noiselessly as oil running over water. Masters of fear and pitiless killers all, the Night Lords felt the unfamiliar pangs of disquiet.

‘Brother,’ said Corax. ‘I come to you without violent intent, but please, explain to me what is going on in this city.’ His voice was soft like the Night Haunter’s, though not as sibilant, and with a more measured tone. Sevatar refused to let it beguile him. The threat Corax made was clear enough.

- Konrad Curze: The Night Haunter

Honestly, even without that, Curze simply has better combat feats like taking on both the Lion and Guilliman simultaneously, fighting the Lion again a little later (though he did lose that fight), beating the hell out of Dorn who himself has a whole slew of feats, and taking on Sanguinius where the two were evenly matched because of their foresight. Also to add to that, as shown with his fight with Sanguinius, his foresight doesn't simply show the worst possible futures, it still shows the next attacks of his foes and he can still act accordingly. Most of the time when he does lose, like to Lion or Vulkan it's either because his foe is simply that good (Lion) or he's just overconfident in his abilities and he just messes up (Vulkan). Corax's main feats are taking on Lorgar and then doing that a few millennia later and winning again which isn't that big honestly considering Lorgar isn't exactly a "combat Primarch" and his best feats are like him evenly fighting with Guilliman who is also like average in terms of skill for a Primarch.

By the way, are people voting for Corax are based on what I said even though I said I didn't know the characters well and just said the little I know? I had not said that it was really a vote, I said that from what little I knew Corax needs to get more advantage to win (the same as in any other match of other verses, it is simply Curze's attitude of not trying to change his predestined death according to what he sees in his future vision(and hell i would be wrong since again, idk very much both characters))

By the way, are people voting for Corax are based on what I said even though I said I didn't know the characters well and just said the little I know? I had not said that it was really a vote, I said that from what little I knew Corax needs to get more advantage to win (the same as in any other match of other verses, it is simply Curze's attitude of not trying to change his predestined death according to what he sees in his future vision(and hell i would be wrong since again, idk very much both characters))
You did provide a scan for someone's reasoning on why Corvus wins

Seems like the raven would have to outskill the night haunter. The night haunters foresight would provide a challenge of course if he doesn't get overconfident. He's still pretty crazy and this is the raven we're talking about. The guy should be in the above average tier of primarchs because he beat daemon prince lorgar. And has a very unique hax in his invisibility. His jump pack gives him better mobility.
Curzes best bet here is to blitz him and I just don't think he can pull it off consistently. Because of how sneaky he is and psychologically out of it.

Last edited:
Honestly even with Corax's invisibility, Curze can still sense he's around him and would be expecting him. Couple that with his precog and he should be able to negate most of what Corvus' invis provides him. Also yes, while his jump pack would give him better mobility, it would really only be good for getting range in my opinion. Curze would be able to simply see where he's going to go and just strike if he gets too close.

Honestly even with Corax's invisibility, Curze can still sense he's around him and would be expecting him. Couple that with his precog and he should be able to negate most of what Corvus' invis provides him. Also yes, while his jump pack would give him better mobility, it would really only be good for getting range in my opinion. Curze would be able to simply see where he's going to go and just strike if he gets too close.
But my raven guard would never lose. Ah damn it does sound like the raven loses. If only he had his warp powers here it would even the playing field. For now curze would surely win.

Honestly, Curze takes this IMHO. As previously been stated, his combat feats simply put him in a different league than Corax. He's contented or bested other different Primarchs.

To give another credit to him, IIRC, Lion (who ultimately bested Daemon Prince Angron) says in modern 40K that his current physical performance would have seen him dead against Curze.

Back