• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

cult leader vs faithful dog

Hmmm this is tough without the shooting star super Im not sure if neia can put climb down before he closes the distance between them, his armor is pretty tough and a normal bow isn't liable to cut it. In melee neia stands no chance, saying that I can see scenarios where neia manages a head shot but its a touch shot through climbs helmet and even with her boosted aim I see her being forced into melee more often then not.

She is further harmed by the fact several of her levels have gone into speech, allowing her to influence others socially but not in a combat applicable manner. This means climb as a pure warrior build is better suited to combat overall as he hasn't diversified his classes. So Voting mid diff climb.

voting Neia because she can imbue her bow and arrows with magic which creates shockwaves on impact and that she can use her homing shot to snipe climb through gaps in his armor or hit the head. I'd also say that even her normal archery is enough to be a problem for climb because she is pretty good at it herself and has her gauntlets buffing it even more.

she also wouldn't go down instantly in meelee because she should atleast have some skill with a sword and climb probably won't get through her armor easily and she can use pretty good recovery magic once or twice meaning that she could possibly get distance again and if she can hold out long enough she might also be able to use the homing shot again.

she might also get a shot in that even if it doesn't incapacitate or kill climb it could damage him enough to even out his advantage in close combat. a swordsman with blurry vision or a dislocated shoulder because he got hit in the gut or on a limb or worse near the head by a magic arrow isn't really gonna be effective.

she could also with the same strategy go for a shot to his legs or feet preferably at the joints to slow him down considerably which is very possible with her homing shot and then get more distance and kill him at a range.

with the recent small upgrade Climb got, his armor and using the 2 rings he has will allow him to overcome the range advantage pretty easily, especially because him activating those 2 rings is said to jump him from Gold rank in ability to Mithril in ability

Arrows will most likey be dodged through his enhanced reaction and movement speed

Yeah and the fact remains he's definitely the vastly superior melee warrior, neia was never good with swords in the first place (She also used to have servant levels mixed in which hampered her combat effectiveness.)

Shes respecced most of her levels post resurrection into speech craft and archery, the gear gifted to her by ainz is vastly superior to climb but her armor is from an entity far more comparable to someone like gazef or blue rose. Climbs armor is made of a similar material to that of blue rose's own thus their armor is roughly equivalent.

The trinkets granted by ainz are powerful but they aren't enough for me to believe it tips the victory in her favor. Saying that with greater range/certain locations I can see neia taking it but the problem is she doesn't have the shooting star super. This gives climb the opportunity to close the distance to beat neia down in melee.

Street level, possibly Wall level, Small Building level with Ultimate Shooting Star Super

i mean, it does though

I blame the outer worlds, Its drained a vast majority of my time recently and ive clearly lost some intellegence points while hunting down unique weapons...

neias Arrows can track him though and slow him down.

it doesn't even have to pierce the armor because somewhere near the end of Volume 13 it states that her arrows when she imbues them with sacred power can obliterate the whole target which means that they carry plenty of blunt impact.

so a tracking shot imbued with sacred power could strike climb at the ankle for exaple where the armor is also weaker or even pierce through a gap and slow him down tremendously.

you can't really chase after an archer with a limp.

or if the arrow hits him in the helmet even if it doesn't pierce through a gap the impact would still make him really dizzy and also slow him down and also cut down his effectivenes in meelee.

he also highly likely can't do anything against busers body armor and neias equipment given to her by ainz with the normal sword he carries so neia has plenty of protection and with the advantage she gets through the range hit or the few range hits and her basic sword skills and her recovery magic which she can use once (or even twice at the end of Vol 13 iirc) she could even survive in meelee long enough to exhaust him and then get more range.

remember the spell she can use is 3rd tier magic heavy recover and even mass slight cure wounds (a multi target light healing spell) could restore zenberus arm vs cocytus so even if climb gets her with a offensive martial art she has a way to come back

Climb's armor is no joke, being the kind of stuff top adventurers wear, not only that, his dura increases significantly with his Ring and Limit Break Mind activated

If you can pull quotes of Neia destroying Mithril and Orichalcum armor, then maybe. But as i see it, his armor and enhanced dura will take enough of the damage to prevent a broken leg or limp, or even dizziness. Climb also can use Fortress to heavily reduce the strength of some attacks

Her homing attacks have a 3 minute cooldown, she ain't spamming

Is said armor Neia has comparable to Mithril adventurers and what they wear?

without the tracking, Climb's enhanced movement and reaction speed with make dodging arrows much easier

She also only has so many arrows

Neias body armor is a piece of magic armor from the grand king buser who Ainz defeated and then gave the armor to her and he was a demi human tribe leader (even one of the strongest iirc) and he was around around level 30.

also bafolk because of their tough fur and hide were already hard to injure with swords so it's reasonable to assume that that armor was on the level of high ranking adventurer armor.

her visor and gauntlets are both Yggdrasil items from Ainz and her gauntlets increase her shooting skills

and I don't think climbs armor can just negate all of the effects of a magical arrow because his armor looks relatively tight and without much padding and plate armor is good against slashing and piercing attacks but it doesn't protect all that much against blunt impact. like the magical arrow most likely won't do damage to the armor but it will most likely be able to injure climb through the impact especially on the thin parts of the armor or on joints which one tracking arrow can easily hunt down and Neias own precision would also be enough to hit weak spots but with the homing shot it's very possible that it hits a gap in the armor which would completely obliterate climbs foot for example.

this isn't in a game where armor protects against all kinds of damage equally and no matter how hard the metal is the hardness makes it mostly useful against slicing or piercing but much less against blunt impact/ shock.

and with neias archery skills I doubt that she would only get off one shot. I would say she could get 3 shots one of which is a homing shot and that is plenty of opportunities to slow down climb enough to get range or gain a considerable advantage that makes up for her initial disadvantage in meelee

Back