• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both 9-B

Speed is equal

Brooms Are restricted

Fight takes place in a forest

No prep

Starting range is 5 meters

Shiny boi: 0

Boi Who may not Live: 0

Incon: 0

With speed equal, Potter vastly out-haxes with his large repertoire of spells, even using only the ones without actual damage potential. Cullen might be able to mind-read (unless Harry uses that skill he has that blocks mind manipulation, which is in character once he realizes he's being mind-read), but he still can't counter his spells in any way other than dodging them. Cullen has no way of getting through Protego Totalum, which would block all attacks other than the Unforgivable Curses (which Cullen cannot use) from all directions around the caster. Potter can also levitate himself using Ascendio and attack from off the ground without a broom, and can use Apparition to literally teleport when cornered. Harry also has fire manipulation spells, which is Cullen's weakness. Cullen's basically got no real wincon in a realistic match.

Potter takes this with only slight difficulty.

Cullen is Wall+ (10,770,034 J) while Harry is Wall (151,532 J), which is a factor of 71, so if he did manage to hit Harry he'd definitely one-shot him.

But yeah, Harry has all the advantages other than that.

Not necessarily, they start 5 meters away, which is within the danger zone when it comes to ranged vs melee fight.

I still think Harry takes this because he's experienced enough to handle threats like this (HP dragons are 9-A and Harry's dealt with one, granted he had a broom then), but Cullen is close enough to lunge forward with one step and immediately take of Harry's head if he ***** up even a tiny bit, so it's still close enough to count I think. Turns out the fight's a bit fairer than initially thought due to the starting range.

I mean, he practically never uses the Unforgivable Curses in-character. As far as I'm aware, he only used the Cruciatus Curse once in a combat situation against Bellatrix, and that was it.

Starter Pack said:
I mean, he practically never uses the Unforgivable Curses in-character. As far as I'm aware, he only used the Cruciatus Curse once in a combat situation against Bellatrix, and that was it.
He uses Cruciatus successfully in Book 7 a few more times against death eaters. Uses it against Snape in Book 6 when he's retreating after Dumbledore dies, but Severus easily deflects it (or interrupts him with non-verbal magic, one of the two, can't remember). He also uses Imperio in book 7.

So, yes. He does use the unforgivable curses in-character. The only one he never uses is Avada Kedavra, which is why it's the only one not listed in his page (though he does cannonically reflect two or three times lol).

If speed is equal, Potter wins via range advantage, non verbal magic and literally any degree or form of immediate immobilization.

I don't know if this counts as a hax stomp or not.

I don't think it's a stomp since, as I stated above, Cullen can pulverize Potter's head instantly if he just manages to hit him before Potter manages to cast a single spell, and they start 5 meters apart which is like one lunge away from melee range.

I think Cullen loses this fight 9/10 times, but it's that 1/10 times that he manages to get that one necessary hit in that makes this not a stomp.

Fair enough, yeah. If Edward can lock him down then Harry has nothing to but get succ. The chances of that happening are pretty damn slim, though.

In that case my vote goes to Potter.

Yeah, it's unlikely for Potter to not be able to get off a basic spell in time to at least stall Cullen enough for him to complete another spell... but it's still possible that Cullen can lunge forward and reduce Potter's head to red mist before he can cast even with speed equal, depending on what spell Potter decides to start with. The starting range is really what makes this match not a stomp—if the range were any larger than 7 meters (21 foot rule) I would say that Potter wins nearly 10/10 times and it would be a stomp.

Additionally, Cullen's mind reading is passive while Potter's resistance is active, so Cullen can read the first spell and dodge it by just enough as to not arrest his forward momentum while he counterattacks. This factor makes the match actually a lot closer than I originally thought. Still, Potter likely takes this more than half the time, so my vote is unchanged, even if Potter comes perilously close to death in the first second of the fight.

Back