• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Culex: Back to Low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when were these not allowed? These 100% are, we've always been allowed to use manuals and guides for stuff. Info is literally stated to come from Nintendo. It's pretty clear more people are with it than against it.

Inb4 "Stop trying to say more people agree with you", that's how a majority of threads go, pal.

Wait am I in the disagree I am neutral I just want to point out the facts that can be used against you. Again square enix owns Culex and typed the statements Nintendo power holds little power to be assumed to be a all knowing narrator.

Can everyone stop using that "I consume time" nonsense as evidence? That's all I ask for, k thx

It's a mistranslation of the original Japanese dialogue made by a localization. It is worth absolutely nothing other than oblivion. It's literally on the exact same level as shit like the FUNimation dub calling Bardock a brilliant scientist and having Goku say he can beat Boo with Piccolo absorbed. This is such a basic degree of common sense, lol.

Kep, the arguments are every statement is incorrect.

@Lou There was no first question. Culex is a Mario charatcer, from a Mario game. We allow Nintendo Power and guides, we've done so for more than one profile already. So you cannot argue against it.

I'm saying it doesn't matter the statements, original or not, four people disagree... albeit 19 agree with me.

Am I under disagree because I would love this to be true but to protect peoples time I have to ask questions so if this ruins low 2-C Mario so be it this site is intended to be accurate.

Yes but he was downgraded before he can be downgraded again. am I listed under disagree because if this ends up being changed back we could lose a lot of respect and possibly doom the whole CTR because your confidence if someone was resourceful enough I just think this isn't beyond reasonable doubt.

I was right, it is too soon to be making threads for massive upgrades or downgrades, especially if tier 2 characters are involved.

Anyway, I don't actually care if this gets accepted but "Consuming time" in itself doesn't warrant AP just Time manipulation in the form of deleting some time. And being, "The source of creation" isn't automatic proof that they created everything in itself. Was Sera contacted about using English translations as secondary? The Japanese text should take priority yes, and games are primary canon, but that doesn't mean all secondary canon sources can't be used at all. It's more about contradictories should be avoided. If primary canon makes neutral claims while secondary makes objective/positive claims; secondary is fine. If secondary conflicts with primary, primary is used while secondary is deemed not so reliable. But Nintendo does collaborate with Nintendo Power, so it's more reliable than Prima for example. But overall, I'm neutral but leaning towards the statements being too vague.

Also, I would appreciate it if both sides cut it out with the narrow minded and condescending attitudes, especially from staff and/or former staff for that matter. Most users seem really chill, and Amelia is doing a great job, but a few others are still being too blunt. You may ask @Dino_Ranger_Black for input if you wish.

I don't mean to be rude but what is the CRT plan is it just your stuff or everyone's stuff also am I under disagree? Yes or No

You see the reason he is making this is to argue that Culex is low 2-C this so he can use it to argue low 2-C Mario along with other evidence however the fact he feels the need to have this as evidence despise this topic being unstable and possibly losing low 2-C Mario if this goes wrong this is why I am asking questions.

If he loses he loses. This shouldn't be seen as a matter of existencial importance.

The Hyper Composite Mario is wrong anyway.

Regarding Nintendo Power, do we know who wrote that in? Was the writer someone actually connected to the game and its development? If not, it's nothing more then a fan gushing over a character, it's just a fan who happened to get paid for it.

I won’t touch the objectivity of the thread with a 50 foot pole, but no. If you get paid for putting in something that the creators gave you permission to do makes it official. If I’m working in healthcare, my inputted information doesn’t mean less because I’m not the original dude putting it in. I’m still getting paid to put in correct information.

I won’t touch the objectivity of the thread with a 50 foot pole, but no. If you get paid for putting in something that the creators gave you permission to do makes it official.
Cal I know you're a Pokemon fan but we on the wiki always use original language. An "official" Nintendo Power issue is irrelevant to the actual Japanese game.

The healthcare analogy is ridiculous and completely false equivalent.

They’re not a fan journal. Frankly, yes. The analogy is misguided. It would be more like calling a biography wrong by default because it’s not an autobiography, only in this case, the original dude paid you to write the biography instead of you writing it because you wanted to.

also...Pokemon? This is Mario, dude.

Nintendo Power is literally an official Nintendo Propaganda magazine, Cal. The game is Japanese and the article was written by americans who only had access to the innacurately translated American version of the game. What is in both is irrelevant.

It's more like if marvel and DC made a crossover movie and a separate part of marvel with a different language and several errors hire someone to write about it and they say it is canon to earth 616.

Keep in mind my response is only in response to Nintendo Power. Like I said, I won’t touch the objectivity of this thread with a 50 ft pole. The canon of translations and etc I won’t get near.

Is there a joke battle profile wanking Culex with the vagueness of his statements if not someone should make one.

I'm late for work, but I will drop this link to help with the issue. There's one original Japanese text to look at. "Across time, from this world’s beginning to its end, I am the inheritor of the ultimate of Two." And "Come forth, o power that rules over all creation!!" They both still sound too vague. But that's at least it's better than the simple "Consume time" in the English.

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure the "ultimate of two" is talking about the second dimension, and his power over creation is the power over the second dimension.

O power that rules over of all creation could be referring the original elements earth, air, water, and fire like the crystals also since he came from a different dimension wouldn't they be 2-C? the inheritor of the ultimate of two doesn't sound like something he would say referring to the second dimension he is so formal in his other quotes he would probably say the power of the second referring to the second dimension 2D sound more like hey this is a video game. Also the rest of the quote "Across time, from this world’s beginning to its end" not only does this imply Mario world has linear time but that there is a finite amount of time the ultimate two might be referring to the twins of reality time and space this isn't low 2-C, it wouldn't make sense if he got 2d power from this time in the third dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back