• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

C'Tan (Warhammer 40k) vs Old Ones The Imperium (The Dark Tower)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna wait for Azzy, Matt or someone else to show up so that they can inform me what the C'tan are capable of.

EDIT: And as soon as I comment, I realize the C'tan is not a Civilization profile, but multiple character profiles. *******...

Well, yes and no.

On one hand, the individual Old Ones are indeed normal humans who rely on hyperadvanced tech and have human weaknesses.

On the other hand, their numbers are implied numerous times to have spanned the majority of the DT multiverse, which is fricking huge even by High 1-B standards. Most of them-- or at least a considerable number of them-- would have psychic abilities, since an entire subset of their technology was built around developing, enhancing and weaponizing psychic powers in people. And that would mean telepathic communications on top of their conventional ones, since most psychics in DT read minds and establish telepathic links just by being near other people.

At least some of their superweapons would be capable of radiating High 1-B level AP, as well as shooting it in giant energy blasts. And if Maerlyn is considered a part of this fight (which reminds me, I need to add him to their notable individuals list once his profile is made), then they've got a wizard with really high-end Tier 1 magic at his disposal.

Main issues seem to be speed and individual power. With speed unequalized, unless I'm reading into their profiles wrong, the C'tan uberblitz every Old One they come across before a real fight of any kind can be had. But even then, they'd be doing this nigh-infinitely, since the Old Ones are implied to have had operations on just about every floor of the Tower that exists back when they were still in their prime. A war of attrition is (shockingly) something they're prepared for.

It's possible that if things lasted long enough, the Old Ones could concoct some form of contingency plan after they realize they've got no chance of actually reacting to/fighting these beings in a straight encounter. But that's where my conjecture ends until someone gives me a better idea of what the C'tan can do here.

(Back again after reading many Old Ones threads)

@MrKingofNegativity yea Old Ones definitely outnumber C'tan. I think the novels made it clear that before their fall, Old Ones were literally everywhere. Maybe thanks to their greatest invention, the pillars that holds the dak tower.

But I haven't seen any High 1-B weapons here. only the beams/pillars that has High 1-B AP, in which if its 'weaponized' (destroyed), it'd be MAD.

Actually, they had quite a few High 1-B weapons, at least as far as their highest-end tech went.

You have to understand, all of the tech in the Devar-Toi, Algul Siento, etc. was repurposed from remnants of the Old Ones' leftover tech. This is not only implied in the novels, but confirmed in the DT Concordance. (IIRC)

The machines that the Warriors of the Scarlet Eye were using to corrode the beams by weaponizing psychic energy? That was originally Old Ones tech. The King's Forge/Big Combination which granted Los' extended psychic range, was affecting fate across the multiverse, and sent a wave throughout every level of the Tower upon its destruction? That was repurposed as well. Same with the literal psychic-powered energy cannon/whatever it was that was being used by Walter and his minions in the 2017 film. (They were literally shooting the Tower itself with the thing)

Not to mention, this supports the fact that their weapons were part of the reason the multiverse was left in such a blown-out state after their war. It wasn't just the fact that their technological beams started failing some hundreds of years after they wiped themselves out. (although that certainly didn't help matters at all) They had a war where they were hitting each other with weapons that were "worse than nukes" and were apparently capable of screwing parts of reality, so it makes sense that they'd have been slinging around High 1-B weapons in order to do that much damage to their surroundings.

How is outnumbering the C'tan a argument? I mean the old ones from 40k also outnumbered the C'tan by far with extremenly advanced technology that disrupted and manipulated the fabric of the multiverse (the warp). Still they found no way to kill the C'tan and became so desperate in the end that they created abominations like the orks and stuff.

The only one that could defeat the C'tan were the necrons and that was partly only possible because they betrayed them from within.

Though i'm totally not familiar with the old ones from king so if they bring something to the table what somehow outmatches old ones (40k) or their tech they might be able to counter the C'tan. Outnumbering however wasn't that helpful before.

1. This is a necro of absurd proportions.

2. DT is going through revisions that are going to be put into place within the next two weeks or so.

I have more than enough reason to close this outright. So that's what I'm going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back