• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CRT Detective Conan (addition of abilities)

Verse: Detective Conan

abilities​

Kaito Kuroba (Kaitou Kid)
Makoto Kyogoku

Last edited:
I see a mix of anime and manga here, usually we tend to separate them.
I don't know how the current files are handled, but by standard procedure (aka me not having a clue on this verse on the wiki) , we should abide only to the manga.
Do the anime clips have counterparts in the manga?

I don't see why him having a record comparable to Lupin would be social influencing tbh, it's more of a skill feat.
About the resistances, he doesn't seem to be struck by anything other than "magic", and surviving while still being injured doesn't qualify for resistance.
Even in regards to mind manip, the girl says the sticker will eventually have effect, do they usually control the victim immediately? Also, the premonition doesn't say he is immune, only that he will avoid being enslaved, which can occur for entirely different reasons.

I have no idea what's happening in the fear clip, the guy's just screaming while giving off an aura, those thugs are reasonably intimidated, not under the effect of some hax.

I see a mix of anime and manga here, usually we tend to separate them.
I don't know how the current files are handled, but by standard procedure (aka me not having a clue on this verse on the wiki) , we should abide only to the manga.
Do the anime clips have counterparts in the manga?
For events that occur in the form of a movie, they will certainly not exist in the manga. However, for Detective Conan The Movie, it is considered canon because it is an event that actually happens in this storyline. As for the anime and manga of Detective Conan, they are not much different so I think it can be used. But for the scene in the manga that I used, it came from Magic Kaito which is quite different for the anime and manga (I will mention beforehand that Detective Conan and Magic Kaito are in the same universe)
I don't see why him having a record comparable to Lupin would be social influencing tbh, it's more of a skill feat.
I will try to find additional scans
About the resistances, he doesn't seem to be struck by anything other than "magic", and surviving while still being injured doesn't qualify for resistance.
Ok
Even in regards to mind manip, the girl says the sticker will eventually have effect, do they usually control the victim immediately? Also, the premonition doesn't say he is immune, only that he will avoid being enslaved, which can occur for entirely different reasons.
It seems like there is no further information provided about this
I have no idea what's happening in the fear clip, the guy's just screaming while giving off an aura, those thugs are reasonably intimidated, not under the effect of some hax.
We can give him any ability, he just needs to unleash the power that he has been holding back

For events that occur in the form of a movie, they will certainly not exist in the manga. However, for Detective Conan The Movie, it is considered canon because it is an event that actually happens in this storyline. As for the anime and manga of Detective Conan, they are not much different so I think it can be used. But for the scene in the manga that I used, it came from Magic Kaito which is quite different for the anime and manga (I will mention beforehand that Detective Conan and Magic Kaito are in the same universe)
Could you tell us which parts of the op come from the non-canon movie and which from the anime adaptation of the manga?

It seems like there is no further information provided about this
Then I don't think it can qualify

We can give him any ability, he just needs to unleash the power that he has been holding back
He isn't showing any ability, he's just grunting in rage

I will classify this verse into Canon and non-Canon to make it easier to understand
Canon
  • Manga and anime Detective Conan
  • reason Manga and anime of Detective Conan are not significantly different. However, I use feats from the anime because they are easier to visualize than in the manga
  • Detective Conan The movie 1-26
  • reason The events in "Detective Conan: The Movie" are the main storyline that we can use as a reference. For example, Ran's ability to dodge bullets in "Detective Conan: The Movie 13
  • Manga Magic Kaito
  • reason Magic Kaito and Detective Conan are actually part of the same universe, with Magic Kaito serving as a spin-off of Detective Conan. It is similar to the relationship between Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Bakuen Wo and Akatsukiverse
Non-Canon
  • Detective Conan vs Lupin III The movie
  • reason In Detective Conan The movie 11, there is a reference to Lupin III, but it is not specified whether Lupin III actually exists in the story or not, and there is no further mention of Lupin III afterwards. Therefore, we cannot consider it as canon
  • Anime Magic Kaito
  • reason In terms of adaptation, there have been two anime adaptations of Magic Kaito, but they differ significantly from each other. Therefore, we should only consider the Magic Kaito manga as the original source material
This is all of my reasons

Don't worry about it. It seems like I had to check the information again. This made me realize that the anime Detective Conan ≠ Canon. I apologize for any mistakes.

Do you have any further comments? Actually, I think I will reorganize the information and focus only on manga. This makes me think I will close this thread for now

Back