• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CRSC calc 2, melting boogaloo: Scraping the Surface of the Planet

However, Saitama does scale to this so you could do a matchup between them. Unfortunately Boros can only do CSRC once.

Isn't CSRC just Boros' normal attacks but with greater aoe and that he's throwing everything?

CSRC is Boros's everything, it takes up all his energy. I don't think it would kill him, but he surely couldn't use meteoric burst or anything like that once he's fired CSRC.

Boros's physicals are currently 24 petatons and they may be upgraded to 44 petatons as the moon jump is being recalced.

Ah so the current key would be like:

At least 6-C, possibly far Higher | High 6-A | At least High 6-A, Higher with Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon

I think it would still be just 6-C | High 6-A, because the results, although much higher than previously, are still definitively in High 6-A and quite clear in their implications. If I have done this very complicated calc correctly, I've made a very specific calc that leaves no room for ambiguity- upgrades or downgrades. That being said, it may need to be adjusted in some spots

Shouldn't boros' released key and meteoric burst key be seperated? Meteoric burst is significantly stronger than released Boros, and Saitama was somewhat surprised by him.

They're the same key because they both damaged the ship, which scales to the moon jump. Meteoric Burst is stronger to the point where one punch from MB can do the same damage a big blast in released form, but by our standards they're too close to have different keys. If CSRC were 5-C however, then we would probably have two keys like you said above

I mean, several other profiles have different keys when getting physically stronger.

Also relativistic+ only applies for MB, as Saitama was pretty bored with released, but was surprised by MB

Hmm. Maybe we should have two keys. But I'm not the one to persuade here, since I'm a new guy I can't explain the exact logic behind having a shared key for released and meteoric burst. I would mention this in the OPM general discussion, where you'd get better responses

Can I receive, in a single comment in a comprehensive way, a synopsis on why we're assuming shaving equates to vaporizing/melting the crust of the Earth? I'm not a manga reader nor an anime person but I've been contacted for this and at the moment I don't think I quite understand the reasoning here. @Qawsedf234 You're knowledgeable on this verse, aye? Help a brother out?

1.) Shaving the earth, in other words removing the topmost part. You could interpret that literally by calculating the energy to eject the surface out of orbit, but the kanji also has implications of ruination and destruction.
2.) When I asked if the kanji specified what was meant by "surface", Qawsed explained to me that the wording implicates the crust, he can explain that better.
3.) That begs the question, how would Boros ruin the crust? Why, the same way he ruined everything else, by melting. Best seen here, here, here and here.

Can I receive, in a single comment in a comprehensive way, a synopsis on why we're assuming shaving equates to vaporizing/melting the crust of the Earth?
Imo the best summary I've made is on my semi-rejected CSRC calc. Going by what happened in the manga, after Saitama overpowered most of the beam, the remaining energy exploded and made a shockwave like the Seeious Punch did, though it was smaller.

There's probably an equal/slightly greater amount of evidence that the CSRC hits something then explodes DBZ style rather than a constant wave of thermal energy. Whatever happens the end result is that the crust is either destroyed or stripped off the planet.

Ah, I can see the original suggestion it be calculated as melting there as well. This has been a debate that's been circulating for at least 5 months and Le Cookie Sale suggests we calc as melting in one of the comments.

Imo the best summary I've made is on my semi-rejected CSRC calc. Going by what happened in the manga, after Saitama overpowered most of the beam, the remaining energy exploded and made a shockwave like the Seeious Punch did, though it was smaller.

There's probably an equal/slightly greater amount of evidence that the CSRC hits something then explodes DBZ style rather than a constant wave of thermal energy. Whatever happens the end result is that the crust is either destroyed or stripped off the planet.
So, are you saying the new calc is probably an over-exaggeration?

So, are you saying the new calc is probably an over-exaggeration?
I wouldn't say that, as much as I cannot say with 100% confidence that he melts the surface rather than blasting it to ruin or stripping it off the planet. But him melting the crust would still fit in with every given manga-canon statement, I just can't say that is the most likely explanation.

Last edited:
It should also be stated that the alternatives Qawsed has proposed, plausible as they are, were all rejected when he proposed them. I don't know if concrete reasons were given, but melting was not calced and has not been rejected as implausible. Since Boros normally uses energy blasts to melt things and since he claims he will scrape (implying ruination) the surface/crust, I can only assume he means to destroy the crust via his typical methods, i.e. melting.

I'm not sure if this would be a misinterpretation of the kanji, but you could shave something by ejecting it or just destroying it. Since melting is his way of doing things and would involve ruining the crust to the point it might be considered shaved, it's a legitimate interpretation in my mind- although you could make the case for alternative methods that have already been calced and rejected.

Yeah I'm not saying it isn't a valid end, just that I cannot say that was the intended end.

I think there's a certain degree of ambiguity- all I can say is that if Boros is referring to the crust specifically, the current generic explosion method doesn't apply since that was calculated as a low end to ruining the surface, not the crust. Shaving the crust means destroying it entirely one way or another, which could be anything from violent fragmentation to atomization- but Boros seems to be melt things so that helps us there. Even so, mass-scatter would be a good high end, but that was rejected.

Do you know why the mass scatter was rejected previously Qaws?

No idea why, just that it was rejected. Personal I think that's the intentioned end but it's up to the calc group to decide.

If we're talking specifically about the crust, I think that needs to be communicated. Could you post the Kanji that proves Boros is talking about the crust specifically? I'd like to include that in the calc to avoid it being rejected purely on linguistic grounds where everyone assumes we are talking about the surface as opposed to the crust

thumb_fine-ill-do-it-myself-memeking-co-i-when-someone-cant-open-32444902.png

Because latent heat of fusion is normally listed in kilojoules and we want to convert it to joules for convenience's sake

Could you post the Kanji that proves Boros is talking about the crust specifically?
Boros says "ๆ˜Ÿใฎ่กจ้ข" which translates to "Face of this planet" in the context. The databook uses kanji for shave and figuratively ruin for the Earth.

Shave the face of the earth then, that's pretty much what I figured. We should be good

Last edited:

I disagree. All we know is that Boros destroys the surface in one way or another. I think it's incredibly biased to assume he does anything other than melt it since that's what he does to just about everything else he destroys with his attacks. In the face of ambiguity, the safest bet is to assume the most likely explanation, not the most conservative one, and his track record shows clearly that he melts/vaporizes things more often than not.

But we see that's what happens with the serious punch. The plasma blast while large is still smaller than the shockwaves generated from it, which (likely) cross an entire continent. He would certainly melt a portion of the Earth, I just can't 100% say he would melt the entire surface, which is what Bambu asked me about.
The shockwave is from the punch, not the CRSC, which was completely negated. I believe the implication is that the heat would spread across the surface, akin to a bunsen burner only heating a portion of a test tube, but the heat still melting everything within it as well. As for reaching 100% of the surface, we're relying on the accuracy of the databook, which states he's capable of ruining the planet's surface. If it had meant only a portion, I'd think it'd say that instead. The actual thermodynamics are sort of irrelevant outside of calculation, since Boros attack can't be expected to function realistically.

TL;DR: The bottom line is that the databook states he ruins the entire surface, and evidence from other attacks suggests that when he destroys, he melts. Combining these two things we get the assumption that he melts the entire surface, the assumption this recalc is based off of.

It's impossible to know if he would shave the entire crust with melting, but it's better to assume he would continue to destroy things as he has than suppose he would destroy them in a new way. There's a basis to suppose he would melt things, so it's the most grounded hypothesis we have as imperfect as it is.

Translated from the databook: "8. Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon: Shave the Earth. The roar of despair !!! It is an attack able to destroy Earth."
For reference.

The shockwave is from the punch, not the CRSC, which was completely negated
Look to the left of the serious punch. There's two other splits in the atmosphere, which are from the CSRC.
believe the implication is that the heat would spread across the surface, akin to a bunsen burner only heating a portion of a test tube, but the heat still melting everything within it as well.
An equally valid take is that it makes a large fireball which produces a shockwave that destroys the crust, like with nuclear explosions and IRL kinetic impacts from meteors.

An equally valid take is that it makes a large fireball which produces a shockwave that destroys the crust, like with nuclear explosions and IRL kinetic impacts from meteors.
Referencing my previous arguments, I disagree fundamentally that it's "equally valid". It's possible, but contrary to evidence we're given regarding the nature of Boros's attacks. Evidence that he melts things is apparent, do you have any evidence he creates "a large fireball like with... nuclear explosions"?

Referencing my previous arguments, I disagree fundamentally that it's "equally valid". It's possible, but contrary to evidence we're given regarding the nature of Boros's attacks. Evidence that he melts things is apparent, do you have any evidence he creates "a large fireball like with... nuclear explosions"?
Closest I could find is this, but even then, it still results in melting, I don't how CSRC is different

Closest I could find is this, but even then, it still results in melting, I don't how CSRC is different
That's precisely what I'm saying. We're not given any indication it is, other than it is all he has. Therefore, there's no reason not to assume it results in melting.

Back