• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creepypasta Discussion

By the way, is there any more creepypasta characters we can add, i feel like we reached the bottom of the barrel to the point where the stories don't have known creators and some are considered to be fannon.

Not Creepypasta, but it's in a similar niche I feel
In general y'all might wanna try other web horror stuff

Not Creepypasta, but it's in a similar niche I feel
In general y'all might wanna try other web horror stuff
I know it's a shot in the dark, but do you think the wiki would allow more Backrooms related content, like the entities for example?

As much as i hate to say it, i think this is the end of the road for creepypasta stuff, i think it's time to move on to other things.

I have some suggestions for more creepypasta-ish internet horror
  • Goat Valley Campgrounds (Collection of r/nosleep short stories about a spooky campsite full of cryptids, all set in the same universe by the same author, has its own website. They also got turned into physical books with merch)
  • CryptTV Monsterverse (Short horror films/series, even has a spin-off called Creepypasta)
  • Archive 81 (Horror podcast with magic, sci-fi, and monsters. Got a Netflix adaptation later)
  • Welcome to Nightvale (Horror podcast set in a town with a lot of weird cryptids and old gods and stuff like that)
  • Hiimmarymary (YouTube horror series that's listed on the wikipedia for Creepypasta. i think there's only like... one or two notable feats in the entire series though)
  • Dear David (Twitter ARG about a haunting, got made into terrible movie a few months ago. This video covers the whole thing)
  • Screamfest (This channel is a film festival that collects and uploads horror short films. Some get millions of views)

I know it's a shot in the dark, but do you think the wiki would allow more Backrooms related content, like the entities for example?

As much as i hate to say it, i think this is the end of the road for creepypasta stuff, i think it's time to move on to other things.
If you can prove they now have more rigours quality control protocols comparable to SCP yes
Otherwise still no

I have some suggestions for more creepypasta-ish internet horror
  • Goat Valley Campgrounds (Collection of r/nosleep short stories about a spooky campsite full of cryptids, all set in the same universe by the same author, has its own website. They also got turned into physical books with merch)
  • CryptTV Monsterverse (Short horror films/series, even has a spin-off called Creepypasta)
  • Archive 81 (Horror podcast with magic, sci-fi, and monsters. Got a Netflix adaptation later)
  • Welcome to Nightvale (Horror podcast set in a town with a lot of weird cryptids and old gods and stuff like that)
  • Hiimmarymary (YouTube horror series that's listed on the wikipedia for Creepypasta. i think there's only like... one or two notable feats in the entire series though)
  • Dear David (Twitter ARG about a haunting, got made into terrible movie a few months ago. This video covers the whole thing)
  • Screamfest (This channel is a film festival that collects and uploads horror short films. Some get millions of views)
Would VBW accept things from subreddits, i mean most of it is stories made in r/nosleep.

Interesting. It's very clearly inspired by Jeff, his name is "Jeffery Mason", not Woods or Hodek, the two 'canon' names.

I guesssss you could argue that this isn't a Jeff fan character/interpretation but rather a character greatly inspired by Jeff the Killer. The only actual ties to him seem to be the name of himself and his brother (Jeff and Liu) as well as the basic gist of "teenage boy becomes serial killer".

If anything, to me, this seems like a Metroman/Homelander/Omni-Man to Superman type thing. It's very obviously inspired by Jeff, but I think it manages to not be Jeff himself. He's an expy, not literally Jeff

Idk if others would agree tho lol

All of the videos start with this message;

"DISCLAIMER
The following is not for the faint of heart & serves only as a work of entertainment. This presentation is an original story with a transformative use of creepypastas. All characters & events are fictitious. Resemblance to any actual persons living or dead is purely coincidental."

Depends on if we count "transformative use of Creepypastas" as fanfic or not

Interesting. It's very clearly inspired by Jeff, his name is "Jeffery Mason", not Woods or Hodek, the two 'canon' names.

I guesssss you could argue that this isn't a Jeff fan character/interpretation but rather a character greatly inspired by Jeff the Killer. The only actual ties to him seem to be the name of himself and his brother (Jeff and Liu) as well as the basic gist of "teenage boy becomes serial killer".

If anything, to me, this seems like a Metroman/Homelander/Omni-Man to Superman type thing. It's very obviously inspired by Jeff, but I think it manages to not be Jeff himself. He's an expy, not literally Jeff

Idk if others would agree tho lol
The thing is, its a podcast series of sorts, i don't know how scans are going to be included.

Alright, i heard the story, and it's entirely different from the original story, and it can likely fit on here.

I think we should wait for more input and maybe even do a CRT to see if this is different enough from its inspirations to be allowed

In the story, Jeff eventually gets assaulted by a group of gang members before getting the "glasgow smile" and getting set on fire, he does some things like breaking noses with his fists, stabbing people to death with his knife, gutting out people like a fish and ripping out their insides, etc.

It got deleted for being "a very obscure fan character", which is at least half wrong. It was obscure but not at all a fan character. Ant mentioned something about removing obscure creepypasta pages in the Roblox Blox Fruits game thread

I think Funnymouth was a bit obscure and that Butcherface, Imps, Seed Eater, Thing That Stalks the Fields, and Pastelman are also likely in danger of being nuked. Guys like Slenderman and Eyeless Jack have literal thousands if not millions of fanworks that get millions of views. The others should be fine. Regardless, I think the site should be more lenient on the notable requirement for pages in general. Less popular works should be welcome as long as they don't break any other rules or reach Tier 1 or 0 imo

Also Ant needs to learn what "fan" means lol

It got deleted for being "a very obscure fan character", which is at least half wrong. It was obscure but not at all a fan character. Ant mentioned something about removing obscure creepypasta pages in the Roblox Blox Fruits game thread

I think Funnymouth was a bit obscure and that Butcherface, Imps, Seed Eater, Thing That Stalks the Fields, and Pastelman are also likely in danger of being nuked. Guys like Slenderman and Eyeless Jack have literal thousands if not millions of fanworks that get millions of views. The others should be fine. Regardless, I think the site should be more lenient on the notable requirement for pages in general. Less popular works should be welcome as long as they don't break any other rules or reach Tier 1 or 0 imo

Seed Eater is a very well-known creepypasta but the thing is, its sort of lost media, the rest of them are lesser known but shouldn't count as "fan characters", i have a sad feeling that Creepypasta is going to get booted again.

We should limit the "lesser known characters" on the site as the character from 1999 was deleted one time, but i understand why, he literally had nothing to go off of.

Sans literally why did you use a 192 view video to prove the story's popularity instead of literally anything else?

Anyways I got it undeleted, so ask the people on FC/OC to delete the version there

agreed

Anyway, I think Candlecove should be in the local 58 Verse page due to this image which proves that candle-cove is indeed part of local 58 Universe due this "Channel 58"
image.png

On further thought, I don't think Morgue Files is worth it tbh. It's basically just a retelling of iconic creepypasta but just barely different enough to be called original. That's more or less what the big Jeff the Killer story is, and we don't allow that for being derivative

On further thought, I don't think Morgue Files is worth it tbh. It's basically just a retelling of iconic creepypasta but just barely different enough to be called original. That's more or less what the big Jeff the Killer story is, and we don't allow that for being derivative
I'd like morgue files to be in FC wiki tbh

Back