• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creepypasta Discussion

There's seems to have been a bit of a Creepypasta resurgance on the wiki, so let's contain all the chatter here.

This thread is for discussing which Creepypastas would be allowed on Vs. Wiki.

So far, the criteria seems to be;

1. Have a known creator.

2. Have a defined "original canon".

3. Have notable feats or powers.

4. Be popular enough.

I'm sure we can find a few that fit these.

Last edited:
Going through archives, it seems Slenderman's 'original mytho' is defined by the one year long thread of slenderman on the forum he originated from. should i take that for granted, or should the feats he did in the forum be considered?

on one hand, it would still be a confined canon as that thread ended over a decade ago, and nothing can be added, and im pretty sure Eric's views on what slenderman was based around that thread. however, he didn't write all of that.

Will we have a Canon | Extended Canon type of thing with Creepypastas?
I could see that with the original slenderman page (if people decide that the things made by others in that thread shouldn't be used. i personally believe they should, as Eric's perception of his character was formed by that thread), but otherwise probably not.

We'd only be using the original stories, so probably not.

So far I've only found two characters that fall under the guidelines; Laughing Jack and Eyeless

No Smile Dog page from the looks of things :[

Zalgo might have something, he has a known creator, but I can't seem to find a story that goes with him. Just comic edits

Apparently the creator of Jeff made a video detailing Jeff (that differs from the most popular story) that says he can punch as hard as Mike Tyson. Probably worth looking into

Going through archives, it seems Slenderman's 'original mytho' is defined by the one year long thread of slenderman on the forum he originated from. should i take that for granted, or should the feats he did in the forum be considered?

on one hand, it would still be a confined canon as that thread ended over a decade ago, and nothing can be added, and im pretty sure Eric's views on what slenderman was based around that thread. however, he didn't write all of that.
I'm hesitant to use anything not written by Eric

Fair, but i do recall him saying something about how he avoided anything beyond that thread of the Slenderman, because he had his own view on the Slenderman, so that entire thread is sort of how he treated and viewed the original Slenderman.

So, i've come with a middle ground about this situation;

An original Victor Surge Mytho key, and a Expanded Mytho key. it would cover the extra feats and powers he did in that same thread he originated in, but would still have a key that covers just his Victor Surge stuff.

it's still a confined canon, but covers the (arguably more iconic) appearance of slender man. i think this could work.

Can't we let only Creepypastas from the Creepypasta Wiki being added? i think this would prevent the whole "fanfic" problem that people have with it, also being similar with how SCP operates, letting a extended canon being open too, since authors explores those stories further.

Creepypasta should be case by case. There shouldn't be a Creepypasta (Verse), there should only be individual profiles and their own verses

Why? you mean this just taking into account the opinions of the staff of vsbw? cuz it's accepted as a verse just like SCP in other places but anyway, this isn't the topic in discussion.
Because a creepypasta is simply a horror character, thing, idea, that is shared across the internet. that's all it is.

you can't make a verse for characters under that single concept. thats like making a verse called 'superheroes' and putting DC and Marvel under it.

Also, does anyone have an image i could use for slender man's page? a minor downside to his original mytho, is that theres literally zero good images of him, as they're low res.

Because a creepypasta is simply a horror character, thing, idea, that is shared across the internet. that's all it is.
It can also be a franchise of horror stories, so why it can't be added if it can be a franchise? we just We just separate the stories as a franchise like "Sonic.Exe" and "Slender-Man" for example.

It can also be a franchise of horror stories, so why it can't be added if it can be a franchise? we just We just separate the stories as a franchise like "Sonic.Exe" and "Slender-Man" for example.
yeah. were gonna seperate them. combining all of the Creepypastas into one single verse is a laughably bad idea, considering the fact they don't share the same universe.

Disagree, creepypasta is a large as hell genre, you don't know if anyone has write a creepy saying "all creepypasta are connected in this story" and since they don't have copyright and anyone can contribute to the canon, this can be true y' know...

Disagree, creepypasta is a large as hell genre, you don't know if anyone has write a creepy saying "all creepypasta are connected in this story" and since they don't have copyright and anyone can contribute to the canon, this can be true, y' know...
No, they do have copyright.

we literally talked about Slenderman being copyrighted. nobody can just 'add onto' the already written story. that's called fanfiction. The only time thats even slightly applicable IS IN slenderman's case, but that only applies to the thread that ended in 2010, so even then you can't add onto him anymore.

no creepypasta can just be added onto. it's not an SCP.

Uh, this makes sense... but i still find it pretty dumb not adding a Creepypasta verse to the wiki, but whatever, gonna accept it the way it operates here.

Uh, makes sense but i still find it pretty dumb not adding a Creepypasta verse to the wiki but whatever, gonna accept it the way it is here.
Creepypastas will have verses, but it won't be super vague like that. Slenderman (Original) will get his own personal verse page, as he's not personally connected to the other creepypastas.

Here's an (incomplete?) list of profiles that should be allowed

• Slenderman (Slender: The Eight Pages/The Arrival)
  • Kate the Chaser (Slenderman: The Eight Pages/The Arrival)
  • Eyeless Jack (Eyeless Jack)
  • Laughing Jack (Laughing Jack)
  • Hiimmarymary characters
  • Carmen Winstead (Carmen Winstead: They Pushed Her)

Here's an (incomplete?) list of profiles that should be allowed

• Slenderman (Slender: The Eight Pages/The Arrival)
  • Kate the Chaser (Slenderman: The Eight Pages/The Arrival)
  • Eyeless Jack (Eyeless Jack)
  • Laughing Jack (Laughing Jack)
  • Hiimmarymary characters
  • Carmen Winstead (Carmen Winstead: They Pushed Her)
Thats a decent amount of creepypasta profiles. Creepypasta is coming back boys!!!! its 2012 again!!!!

Also, does anyone have an image i could use for slender man's page? a minor downside to his original mytho, is that theres literally zero good images of him, as they're low res.
being low-res is kinda his thing lol. the best official image of him is this.

here is a collection of fanart that eric personally liked and saved to a gallery though. could probably use that if you make a render and give credit

Back