• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creation Trio CRT

I think we should evaluate the CT's abilities first, since those will inevitably be added to Arceus' profile anyway

I suppose if you want to add them now it's fine, it's just that we'd have to unlock + relock Arceus' profile again once the rest are evaluated

1. The Type 5 immortality is relatively vague and comes from a single quote with multiple interpretations

2. The Type 4 Acausality is a stretch and high-end interpretation based off of a "in this world the laws of physics are different" quote.

No to both so far, especially the Type 4 Acausality based on the Distortion World. Having its own reversed set of physics doesn't magically mean the very laws of causality are fundamentally different than those in our realm.

@Kep

I think the website actually says that is the causality what is distorted.

ÒéªÒâòÒâò……ÒÇüÒéäÒüÂÒéîÒüƒÒüøÒüïÒüäÒü¬ÒéôÒüªÒÇüÒü¬ÒéôÒüªÒé╣ÒâåÒé¡Òü¬ÕÉìÕëìÒü¬Òü«ÒüïÒüùÒéë……ÒÇéÒüìÒüúÒü¿Õøáµ×£Õ¥ïÒüòÒü굡¬ÒéôÒüºÒüùÒü¥ÒüåÒü«Òü¡……ÒÇé

Also, the stuff about the Distortion World having no concept of time and space is out of context.

The full sentence is:

• A legendary Pokemon that lives in the "broken world" where space and time are twisted and there is no concept of time or space, which is behind the world.
The full context makes it clear it is referring to "concept" as in the sense/feeling ("notion" or "general idea" are possible translations of the kanji in question; µªéÕ┐Á, aside from just the philosophical "context"). There are still both time and space in there.

I have no opinion on the T4 Acasuality and T5 Immortality, but the "no concept of time and space" part is where i'll jump in.

What part of that sentence is referring to "notion" or "general idea"?

"Space and time are twisted"

It specifically notes that space and time still exist in there in some sense, just in some distorted, warped state. That automatically invalidates a literal reading of "concept", no matter what. And incidentally, the same kanji can also translate to "notion", "idea" and "sense"

NeoZex6399 said:
@Kep

I think the website actually says that is the causality what is distorted.

ÒéªÒâòÒâò……ÒÇüÒéäÒüÂÒéîÒüƒÒüøÒüïÒüäÒü¬ÒéôÒüªÒÇüÒü¬ÒéôÒüªÒé╣ÒâåÒé¡Òü¬ÕÉìÕëìÒü¬Òü«ÒüïÒüùÒéë……ÒÇéÒüìÒüúÒü¿Õøáµ×£Õ¥ïÒüòÒü굡¬ÒéôÒüºÒüùÒü¥ÒüåÒü«Òü¡……ÒÇé
This does sound legit (since "Õøáµ×£Õ¥ï"'s only possible translation according to this dictionary is "laws of cause and effect"), but where does it come from?

Maybe it means that space and time are twisted when contacting with the Distortion world, which can be seen in Pokémon Platinum when Giratina makes its appearance.

Also the manga clearly states that the distortion world is a chaotic world where there is no time or direction.

NeoZex6399 said:
Maybe it means that space and time are twisted when contacting with the Distortion world, which can be seen in Pokémon Platinum when Giratina makes its appearance.

Also the manga clearly states that the distortion world is a chaotic world where there is no time or direction.
Except it explicitly states "A broken world, WHERE space and time are twisted", not "A broken world which twists space and time".

It does indeed say that, but the official website for the games itself states otherwise and can even shine light onto that statement's context. Just to exemplify, the Afterlife on DBZ was stated to be a timeless realm, yet the context was that the flow of time wasn't felt by those who resided in it, as opposed to time literally not existing in there.

https://www.pokemon.jp/special/mystery/file/03.html

Theirs also

ÕÀÀÒüºÒÇüÒü¥ÒüôÒü¿ÒüùÒéäÒüïÒü½ÒüòÒüòÒéäÒüïÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒÇîÒüôÒü«õ©ûþòîÒü½Òü»"ÒéäÒüÂÒéîÒüƒÒüøÒüïÒüä"Òü¿ÒüäÒüåþò░µ¼íÕàâÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇìÒü¿ÒÇéÒÇîÒéäÒüÂÒéîÒüƒÒüøÒüïÒüäÒÇìÒü¿Òü»ÒÇüÒüôÒü«õ©ûþòîÒü«ÞúÅÕü┤Òü½ÒüéÒéïÒü¿Þ¿ÇÒéÅÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇüÒüôÒü«õ©ûÒü«Õ©©Þ¡ÿÒüîÚÇÜþö¿ÒüùÒü¬Òüäþò░µ¼íÕàâþ®║ÚûôÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒüØÒüôÒü½Òü»µÖéÚûôÒü»µÁüÒéîÒüªÒüèÒéëÒüÜÒÇüþ®║ÚûôÒü»Õ«ëÕ«ÜÒüùÒüªÒüäÒü¬ÒüäÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒÇéÒüØÒüùÒüªÒÇüÒüôÒü«Þ¼ÄÒéüÒüäÒüƒõ©ûþòîÒü½Òü»ÒÇüõ╝ØÞ¬¼Òü«ÒâØÒé▒ÒâóÒâ│ÒÇîÒé«Òâ®ÒâåÒéúÒâèÒÇìÒüîþöƒµü»ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü¿Þ¿ÇÒéÅÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

'In the streets, there are things spoken of as if it's truth. "There is another dimension called the Distortion World." The Distortion World is said to be another world on the underside of this one. A strange dimensional space in which this world's logic doesn't apply. Time doesn't flow, and space is unfixed. And it's said that in this mysterious world, the legendary Pokemon Giratina resides.'

I think one can reasonably say time in the Distortion World is stopped. Just not that it doesn't exist.

I don't know, that there is time and space in the Distortion World is weird, especially considering that it's Giratina we're talking about, that it's supposed to be at the same level or perhaps more than Dialga and Palkia, that there is time and space means that it would be somehow under the influence of Dialga and Palkia.

Arceus only created the Distortion World after he created Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, and specifically to lock Giratina in, so there's no particular evidence Dialga and Palkia's influence reaches into it. It is Giratina's domain.

But the Distortion World is Giratina...

By the way, I don't remember it being said that Arceus directly created the distortion world, in fact, it is said that it is Giratina who created (probably from himself) the distortion world.

"The shadowy Pokémon must play a role in keeping the worlds in balance. That is why it must have interfered and brought me here. The shadowy Pokémon must have made this bizarre world." ~Cyrus

GiratinaDWit

Giratina controls it and is omnipresent throughout it, yes. He's not literally the world itself. It was created to contain him to begin with...

I will unsubscribe from this thread. You can send me a message later if you need my help with anything after you reach a conclusion.

I could have sworn it's explicitly mentioned that Arceus punished Giratina for its rebellious, and violent, ways by banishing it to the Distortion World? As Kepekley says.

Yeah, also in that movie it is said that Arceus' life is reduced if it does not have all the plates, something shamelessly false in the games.

(Giratina is part of Arceus so in a way Arceus also created the Distortion World.)

I'd say that, considering recent events, Giratina having Type 4 Acausality is now much more likely.

Back