• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure PMMM’s witch pocket dimensions are examples of them given they’re for the most part tier 7. Data should be capable of explaining this further given he’s the PMMM guy

Hoborg is an example of a character who is baseline 8-A via creating a neighborhood called The Neverhood out of nothing in an instant. It doesn't scale to physical stats since it's his magic Crown that does not amp physical stats that gives him said powers. Though, I mentioned I having been looking over the extended lore; his crown has the same powers as Arven's who created planets and a galaxy apparently. And I heard of some Manga characters who are baseline 8-B for creating a City Block sized pocket reality out of nothing.

Maria from Mother is also at least Mountain level based on a Pocket Reality creation feat in which said pocket dimension has multiple mountains. Ryu Hayabusa also has an At least Mountain level key via nuking a similar sized pocket reality with his Ninpo.

We're discussing creation feats and judging them on a case to case basis, I mentioned PMMM's witch pocket dimensions as an example since someone asked what characters have this feat, considering you're the PMMM guy I assume you can further explain the context behind their pocket dimensions and how it scales to the witch's powers.

KK

PMMM's Witches create pocket universes (Called Barriers in-verse) when they're born; the universes themselves are created by their mental state before they became witches.

They scale to them because they have the ability to warp these realities (Shown by Gertrud by changing her barrier between the anime and Magia Record as well as Oktavia who changed her own barrier between episodes), move their barriers (Again, Oktavia and Gertrud showed this, but it was also shown by most witches), and even destroy their barriers (Box Wood's destruction feat is actually higher than the pocket reality creation feat, so its more of a lowball for witches). They also count as stabilization feats and are pretty consistent with the other feats (Generally tier 7 or higher, performed at least once by every main magical girl except Sayaka).

But wouldn't it be good to at least give some guidelines for what sizes we should use for each tier lower than 5-C? Currently our members essentiallly have to use guesswork.
Would DontTalk, Antoniofer, or any calc group members be willing to help out with this? Our mountain and island sizes explanation page would likely be useful.

As I said, there's no way of calculating creating non-celestial and land bodies; honestly, a character doesn't do anything by creating a neighborhood and similar stuff, now if they create something big and then use it offensively (like throwing it) that at least can be calculated. Naturally, creating large environments are bounded by enviromental destruction rules (creating a forest that somehow yield 7-C doens't mean that it going to yield the same when a character manipulate trees to attack its enemies).

Sorry. I didn't see it mentioned here but I would just want to quickly mention that a lot of people forget that with creation feats, characters also create empty space (especially for pocket dimensions and celestial objects) and that empty space is not actually nothing and contains energy.

Tier 2 creation feats are typically even more blatant than creation feats less than Tier 2.

Anyway, DT is likely very busy but I think his proposal is accepted, but was asked to skim through the thread. Specifically requested from this quote.
@DontTalkDT

I would appreciate if you could also skim through the following thread for useful information to include in the Creation Feats page. Thanks in advance for any help:

^^

Do you mean that Tier 2 Creation does or doesn't scale to the character's attacks of the same energy source?

If it uses the same energy source that can be harness equally into their physical strikes, then yes.

@DontTalkDT

I would appreciate if you could also skim through the following thread for useful information to include in the Creation Feats page. Thanks in advance for any help:

I guess moving the stuff now put on the pocket reality manipulation page to the new page would be all that needs to be done? Well, maybe removing some stuff that would already be mentioned on the new page for the sake of better style. If so that's easy work and I can do that when I create a page.

To finish this up I would like to ask what people think the agreement here is, so that I know what I am tasked with doing.
Is more agreement of the size/volume scale or against it? If there is agreement for it, I will start making a list of suggestions for the values one could take, so that we can discuss those.
If we would rather go case-by-case then I could finish up the page right away, assuming we have agreement on using creation feats on less than celestial scale now. If not I would have to change the page, but that would also be quick.

I think generally we at least decided to not abandon creation feats completely and to continue using the celestial body standards we have already by now.

This has taken so long, and there have been so many tasks to handle in-between, that I no longer remember the contents of these two threads well. My apologies.

I would very much appreciate if somebody else in our staff could help DontTalkDT by summarising the discussions so far. Thanks in advance for any help.

DontTalkDT: If you wish, you can read through all of my earlier posts in both of these threads to get a better idea of what is required here.

Reading through this thread my impression is that there is no general agreement between everyone. I could at most count votes or what I think would be what people wish to vote for.
I guess I will for now just implement my first version, without the size scale, if nobody stops me. That more or less represents the status quo. We can then make changes to that, as soon as it's clear what changes to the current practices we agree to make.

Also, what should we call the new instructions page? Would "Creation Feats" be acceptable?

Well, I would personally prefer if we use some kind of calculated guideline regarding what sizes that qualify for each tier.

Yes, it would be helpful as a guideline, but DontTalkDT has a better sense of judgement than I do regarding these types of issues.

@DontTalkDT by "without the size scale" do you mean scale the feats to being baseline if we don't have a proper size of the dimension?
There was the suggestion to agree on certain volumes, so that we know exactly which volume needs to be created in order to be a certain tier.
Like, currently we rank a character creating a decently large mountain as mountain level. That would put a number on it, so that one can easily and objectively decide when a mountain is sufficiently large to be mountain level.

So when I say "without the size scale" I mean without including a table with numbers for the tiers. So just going case-by-case as we have been.

Pretty sure we already have a page for that regarding mountains and islands.
Do we? We have a page with fragmentation values and such, but not quite agreed on for creation use as far as I am aware.

Okay. Thank you very much for helping out.

Would you be willing to check through the following thread as well please?

I think all results from that thread have been summarized on the pocket reality manipulation page and I will move them over to the creation feats page once I create it.

Also, what should we call the new instructions page? Would "Creation Feats" be acceptable?
Creation feats is probably fine.

Okay. Thanks again for all of your help. However, I would appreciate if you ask in the other thread if all the accepted points from it really have been summarised in the pocket reality manipulation page.

Ah, must’ve misremembered the name, could’ve sworn it was a creation feat page on how strong they’d be.

anyways I’m ok with the case by case basis for creation feats below moon level.

I am unfortunately not able to properly do so, but you can read the recent posts from Tuesday this week and onwards to get a better grasp of what is gong on here.

I think that the page DontTalk has made is pretty good and summarizes everything effectively.

However I do think that for lower tiers, I think we should have some form of guideline, because, for example; a country can vary in size hugely, and some "countries" are smaller than other "cities" in extreme cases, I imagine they would overlap in a lot of cases, so without guidelines similar feats might be made different tiers through different interpretations.

Also, this is more of a question than feedback.
How would it be treated if a character uses an ability to create an object and also shows to be capable of attacking. But without the implication of any shared power or such, they just fight, and at one point create, say, a star. Would they be Star level or would we need more evidence?

There should be evidence. In my opinion you'd not only need to prove their powers scale to dura and such, but that the creation scales to their powers.

However I do think that for lower tiers, I think we should have some form of guideline, because, for example; a country can vary in size hugely, and some "countries" are smaller than other "cities" in extreme cases, I imagine they would overlap in a lot of cases, so without guidelines similar feats might be made different tiers through different interpretations.
I suppose I will have to sit down and make a list of suggestions for various volumes, seeing as that's a problem frequently brought up. I will try to think something up, although if anyone has suggestions I would collect those.

How would it be treated if a character uses an ability to create an object and also shows to be capable of attacking. But without the implication of any shared power or such, they just fight, and at one point create, say, a star. Would they be Star level or would we need more evidence?
The Creation page states:
In order to apply to a character's capacity to harm other characters, that is their usual Attack Potency, their Creation has to be connected to their other abilities. For example, it can be reasoned that a mage who can conjure a city with little mana can destroy one with the same amount of mana, however a character who can create objects without other ways of harming their opponents wouldn't be able to harness that power to hurt another character, and would fall under a light form of Environmental Destruction.
I think that passage should answer that issue?

I suppose I will have to sit down and make a list of suggestions for various volumes, seeing as that's a problem frequently brought up. I will try to think something up, although if anyone has suggestions I would collect those.
I'm also happy to help with looking for some values in this regard.
I think that passage should answer that issue?
I suppose. The use of mana in the example made me relate it to magic related stuff specifically or there having to be a power source such as mana. I assume it's basically "if someone can create an object with a portion of their power, they should be able to destroy it with similar power"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back