• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Creating a character profile page

I'm creating a character profile for a character that currently doesn't have an entry (nor is their verse present on vswiki). I'm having some trouble with the editing process, however. So I'll get my initial struggles out of the way and comment on this thread later if I end up having more issues.

Here are my currents issues:

I don't know the command to make a character quote within editing. By that I mean this

main-qimg-b9d40652a30a9f0ce8f6b5ce7fe76160

I have a quote picked out. But I don't know how to put the quotation marks around the quote nor how to credit the character for the line (the ~ part).

I also don't know how to change a link's name without it changing the page it sends you to. I'm trying to get Unholy manipulation to still link you to the page, but be displayed as different, similar to this:

main-qimg-58d30482dcb03cf7d65db6104b3ca3e2

I would like to do that as one of the character's other abilities works hand in hand with unholy manipulation and thus I would like to put it in brackets saying something else.

If anyone can help aid me in performing these tasks on source editor, I would appreciate it greatly.

{{Quote|Insert quote|Beerus}}

or if the quote has more phrases separated

{{Quote|<poem>Insert quote</poem>|Beerus}}

[[Fire Manipulation|Holy Fire Manipulation]] - it will show "Holy Fire Manipulation" but when clicked on will get you to the page of Fire Manipulation.

[[Fire Manipulation|can ignite anything his eyes are set on]] - it will show "can ignite anything his eyes are set on" but when clicked on will get you to the page of Fire Manipulation.

As long as the link is correct and you put a "|" after it then you can write anything and will link to the page you wanted.

[[Fire Manipulation|Holy Fire Manipulation]] - it will show "Holy Fire Manipulation" but when clicked on will get you to the page of Fire Manipulation.

[[Fire Manipulation|can ignite anything his eyes are set on]] - it will show "can ignite anything his eyes are set on" but when clicked on will get you to the page of Fire Manipulation.

As long as the link is correct and you put a "|" after it then you can write anything and will link to the page you wanted.
Does that work for external links as well? I tried it with a feat from an external source and while the links name is different it also has a box around it that I find a bit annoying.

Just links from the wiki - so internal. If you mean for powers/abilities but if you mean for example a link to a manga page, a video, imgur or the like then just use this

[InsertTheLink TheStatement/Feat] - The link must be first then space and then write your text which explain it (the link)

basically

[ww.********.wi/chapter323-page31 Can erase someone from existence] - it will show just "Can erase someone from existence"

Last edited:
Just links from the wiki - so internal. If you mean for powers/abilities but if you mean for example a link to a manga page, a video, imgur or the like then just use this

[InsertTheLink TheStatement/Feat] - The link must be first then space and then write your text which explain it (the link)

basically

[ww.********.wi/chapter323-page31 Can erase someone from existence] - it will show just "Can erase someone from existence"
I'm close to finished with the profile. Last thing I'd like to know is how to create lines like these
main-qimg-cf9647cb2d66a19c13d99c5253779b03

(The line between the word summary and the actual summary)

Copy source into a sandbox, fill out as needed.

Copy source into a sandbox, fill out as needed.
I am aware of this. I've been using it. And it may be I'm not good at looking, but I don't think this page answers every question I have. It did help with 90% of the formatting and what to write. But there's a few issues I just wanted to address. Thank you though. Is it preferable that I create a sandbox before a character profile? I pretty much have the entire character profile already typed out as is.

Yeah do a sandbox first for a review, worse case scenario, someone can manually do what you're asking if you need help.

Create or whatever, change from visual to source editor, copy paste whatever it is youre working on into that.

I'm having troubles putting in a picture for the sandbox. I want to use this image (Even if I need to shrink it which so far hasn't worked)
84eaddb6823718d074615213a50f2597.jpg

But all that happens is this

unknown.png

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I looked at the standard format for character profiles but it didn't really help (Even when I shrunk it to fit the size limitation)

For images for your profile, you need to download them on your PC and then upload them on the wiki, not link them.

Best way to work is in the Source Mode while change to the visual just to preview it.

I've finished writing the Character Profile in my sandbox. I won't submit it as a full-on character profile yet as I still need to get more feats. So I've requested people to calculate some feats, so in the meantime, I'll keep it there. But if anyone doesn't mind, can you give it a look to see if it looks alright and any criticism on something I should edit?

I'll link it here if anyone's interested in helping me with that: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:LaserPrecision/sandbox

{{Quote|Insert quote|Beerus}}

or if the quote has more phrases separated

{{Quote|<poem>Insert quote</poem>|Beerus}}

What is the function of "|" exactly?

A little unrelated, but am I allowed to make a verse page even if no characters from the series are on the site yet? Obviously I'll add characters onto the list later. But it would be nice to have a verse page ready for said characters and tech, etc.

Back