• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crash Bandicoot Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
I've been taking a look at the profiles of Crash and Cortex, and several of their stats aren't being jutified, and the Durability stat is kinda strange: 1) The scene itself is a parody of DBZ, with Crash even powering up in the previous scene 2) The reason why both Crash and Aku Aku survived is most likely to luck than durability, even Aku Aku pointed that 3) Maybe not the case, but has I asked to Sera Loveheart and Crash of the Titan and Mind of the Titan could be considered spin-off or reconected serie, of questionable canonicity (but again, it could't not be the case). I've been researching and this is what I can tell about the stats:

Attack Potency: In the scenes/cinematics that I've watched, I've never watched good AP feats beyond games mechanics; Crash could be rated 9-B due able to destroy common wooden crates with little effort, and even locked crates with others attacks; I made a calc about Tiny Tiger, he is considered stronger than Crash, but not for that much, so Crash would scale to 9-B+ or At least 9-B.

Speed: Nothing from the cinematics that I've watched, but Crash has bee able to outrun:boulders, a bear, a triceratops and a drago, there's more feats outrunning things, but several with no given speed, but polar bears can run at 8.333 m/s and triceratops at ~8.5 m/s, however, I doubt that Crash is faster than a Wild Boar, that can move at 11.111 m/s max; so Crash base movement speed should be At least 8.5 m/s that is Athletic human, higher with the Crash Dash at an unknown level, Likely peak human, still without reaction speed feats at the moment.

Lifting Strength: Crash in Twinsanity is able to lift Cortex, however, cortex is a dwarf, so that only sound like At least Regular human, if we count Crash Bash (but not sure since is an spin-off), Crash is able to lift an entire concrete crate, that weight around 430 kg (assumend that is completely filled and massice), that would put Crash at Peak human.

Durability: Crash can be "killed" by several things, however, that is just game mechanics, with cinematics, Crash survived a fall from the castle and an explosion with several TNT crates, in case that the last one isn't an outlier (not sure actually, Crash is almost a gag, and can survive big things but still damaged by little ones), I calculed the TNT crates in being 230,36 kg of tnt, that would makes that feat around ~6.9 TNT tons that is High 8-C.

Still looking for more feats, also, the calc about the crates hasn't been accepted, so a revision there would be needed too, then we can discuss the scaling with Cortex.

Can we use feats from CTTR, or is it too inconsistent, or just not counted towards the main continuity?

Iirc, that game has several "shorts" were Crash "die" in countlessof ways, not remember those shorts, but most likely is comedy purpose and/or inconsistent.

Anyway, I made a calc about Tiny, shouldn't scale to Crash since he is considered weaker than Tiny tho, also, Tinyis able to one-shot him, but that is via game mechanic.

Yeah, there's loads of "Die-O-Ramas" I can link them if need be.

What games are we considering 100% canon?

Crash Bandicoot (I think that it will include the Reboot), Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex and Crash Twinsanity; CTR, Crash Bash, Crash Nitro Cars, CTTR and the gameboy games are spin-off; and the game with Spyro and Skylanders are non-canon, icluding manga as Sera told me. The Titans series if not a spin-off if a reboot, redesigning the characters, introducing "Mojo" and changing Tiny Tiger completely.

Shouldn't Crash's durability scale to Aku Aku's when he is in "invincibility mode" or is that game mechanics?

Forget to write about that in the OP, but yeah, Aku Aku gives Crash temporal invincibility, making his durability At least 8-C (that is resisting the explosion of one nitro crate), but still weak against bottomless pits and water; however, that still being game mechanics, lacks of cinematics and real story in early games (games in general) makes him almost featless...

I just remembered some of his abilities from the crash games. Super sneak, wumpa launcher, body slam and one more which I can't quite remember.

The wumpa launcher and body slam can destroy the crates that are usually unbreakable.

There's also equipment like the mech suit, submarine, jetpack and Donkey.

Well, if he is High 8-C in durability, he should probably be the same in attack potency, if he fights enemies that can damage him.

I'm still exploring the cinematics if there a more consistence durability feat, still without known if that is an outlier, it is but just via game mechanics, but shouldn't work that way, he however was knocked by a fall that is minor feat compared to that one, but I'm still researching.

Welp, if they are or aren't part of the main series shouldn't change the stats proposed, the scene where they are scaled is just a parody, they survived due luck and even crash has been damaged by far less things in previous scene of that game.

The Titans's games still retcon the previous ones. If these are not composite profiles, they should not count.

Also, Crash in not considered weaker than Tiny. He's only weaker in lifting strength. Tiny broke free from two stone pillars in Crash 3 which implies some form of enhanced strength yet Crash beat him, in context it should be taken into account that Crash did not have all of his powers yet. Dingodile is superior to Tiny though Tiny is still physically stronger. The bosses are ranked for a reason.

We also need to consider that the enemies in Crash are not the same in strength as real world creatures. The polar bear you speak of was much larger than Crash, massively so. I don't like how the profiles are written and I think I may as well add to the verse since I know very much about it.

The bears actually has two speeds, one when chasing Crash and then chasing Crash and Polar, if any, that bear has no given speed; but Crash still should be faster than a triceratops and slower than a wild board and rhinos (by his own), rhinos run at 13.9 - 15.3 m/s, so Crash being 8.5 m/s by his own sound consistent.

Most of those feats are game mechanics or unquantificable; reacting to lions could varie being Superhuman the higher result, but I think is unquantificable. With the vehicles Crash could be At least 9-A with Mecha suit and the submarine, and 8-C with Mecha Bandicoot. Speed would be Athletic human, higher with Crash Dash, Possibly Superhuman reflexes (maybe?).

@Sera, can we use the Crash Bash gameplay of Crash lifting concrete crates? If not, I think that he would be Athlete level for being able to throw someone as Cortex with little effort.

Wut? didn't known that I was able to break those boulders... I can calculate it, but most likely will result in 9-B, those boulders are made of carbon/coal, right?

I'm not sure, but it seems like a fair assumption I guess.

Crash Bash is a spin off. If you want to use it, you can. But his spin dash is capable of much more.

I actually played every installment of the Crash Bandicoot franchise, barring Crash Bash and Mind over Mutant. CRT and CNK definitely isn't uncanon because Nitrious Oxide can be seen in Crash Twinsanity in the trap Cortex set up for Crash. But it doesn't matter anyway since there's nothing from those games Crash can scale from. Crash should be Wall to Building level at best. Wall level becaus Tiny Tiger can bust an iron door in Crash 2 and Crash can directly hurt him in Crash 3. Most Titans are also capable of destroying large walls or structures. Asking for the Building level, like Anton pointed out, he was able to survive an explosion of TNT crates that blasted him to another section of Cortex's base going by the calc. He was also able to defeat Mecha Bandicoot in the same game.

@DRB, The calcs that were made: Tiny and Kong would put Crash at low-end 9-A, and with [this other, the explosion scene would put Crash at Large Building durability, but have some doubts if could be considered an outlier, it is in game, an one cinemtatic in CTTR would imply that he can be damaged by some lasers and that he can knocked by fallings, those two could be considered anti-feats; I would need more feats to calculate and see what value is more consistent, for now 9-A seems a good rating.

Ok then, so good with the rating? 9-A base Crash along with Fruit Bazooca and Super Body Slam (Able to fight against enemies like Tiny and Kong), At least 9-A with Mecha suit and Submarine, and 8-C with Mecha Bandicoot. Durability would be 9-A (Survived a fall from a Castle), At least 9-A with Mecha suit and Submarine, 8-C with Mecha Bandicoot and At least 8-C with Aku Aku power-up (Temporaly invulnerable, unharmed by nitro crates explosions).

Done with Crash, if want to improve it a little more, you have the freedom to do it; will change to Cortex, should I makes him 9-B+ physically and 9-A with weapons, or just let him at 9-A?

Oh right, finished in adjusting the profiles, if someone has anything to add or adjust better, feel free to do it; Also, if someone found some feat, feel free to ask about it, I think that Crunch with air power could be High 7-C via enviromental destruction, but wouldn't scale to no one tho.

Out of curiousity, why 7-C? Btw, if we have to scale his base form, it should be Building Level. I remember a boss fight with him on N-Tranced where getting hit by Nitro Crates in his back won't damage him but drop his guard for Crash to get a free hit on him.

7-C if cuz Crunch becomes a thunderstorm, I people calculed that to be 7-C or High7-C; the last thing that you mentioned could be just game mechanics, he can be damaged by the Wumpa Bazooka, so he would scale to Tiny and Kong too in base, stats change with the elementals and win some weaknesses too.

Technically, it isn't a game mechanic since a boss fight in Mind over Mutant requires a similar strategy and the cutscene after that shows him surviving after Crash blows him up with explosives despite being back to normal.

Hmm, you have a point, but I don't much about the GBA games, weren't Crunch and Coco enhanced that time? If any, a key with 8-C Crunch should work; maybe we should start a thread about Crash in general, since this thread is already done afaik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back