• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Counter Guardian Emiya vs Gilgamesh

No, CG emiya won't be able to beat the King of Heroes, not when he is at full power

For one thing, we don't even know how powerful CG Emiya is.

For another, if this is the 5-A version of Gil being used, he has none of his 7-A form's restraints and far less of his arrogance, which was the only thing (well, that and PIS) that let Shirou beat him.

If you were to specifiy that this is F/SN Archer against F/SN Gil, I would say yes he can win, for the reason that it would play out exactly the same as Shirou v Gil, except with an even more powerful Shirou

Monarch Laciel said:
If you were to specifiy that this is F/SN Archer against F/SN Gil, I would say yes he can win, for the reason that it would play out exactly the same as Shirou v Gil, except with an even more powerful Shirou
I'm not sure about that. Why would Gil open fire on Archer and Shirou when they were facing one another?

Why would he not stand there and wait for their squabble to end or outright interupt it as is befitting of his position and ego?

Hmm? I mean if the fight was F/SN Archer agaisnt F/SN Gil. Not that shirou was there as well. My reasoning being, if Shirou, the untrained, "unupgraded" version of Archer EMIYA can beat Gil, then the fully trained, servant EMIYA should also.

I mean, they have literally the same ability, and that power is the perfect counter to Gil's GoB, but Emiya has far more magical power and skill and strength, so if Shirou could beat Gil, Archer should be able to as well

Not really Gil would have stomped Shirou if he was even remotely serious and brought out Vimana and his armour, the only reason he lost was because he deemed Shirou to be weak since in his eyes Shirou is a "faker" it would be an personal insult to take the fight seriously. Which is why he just did a regular sword spam to prove that his weapons are superior. He also lost his composure which made him not think or fight properly, Shirou literally states that he would 100% die if Gil regained his composure. Against Archer he might take the fight seriously enough to kill him before he uses Ubw.

Also UBW isn't a fully perfect counter to the GoB since it has some weaknesses of its own. Namely: he can only project what he sees, which makes approaching Gil more dangerous due to him being able to fire GoB from any angle (including behind the opponent which can't be blocked); if he projects anything besides bladed weapons it costs him 'bout three times the normal amount of mana; a reality marble is very mana consuming.

I know that if Gil is serious he destroys any other servan in the war. But Archer is also a faker, so the same reason Gil didn't go all out against Shirou would also apply here. It's possible he might take him serious as Archer is an actual servant, but Gil doesn't take many people seriously, servant or not

Shirou was able to keep up his UBW for several minutes long enough to fight Gil, and Archer has more mana than that shirou, so he could keep it up longer too

Then again, Gil could have used his armour or shields or lightning autodefender against shirou, which was probably PIS rather than CIS

Shirou actually has a better chance at fighting Gil because hes a modern human, thus Gilgamesh jobbing against him. Pitting Gil against another Servant, a being which isn't human, will make Gil less jobbing and take things more seriously.

Archer is a much bigger threat than Shirou, in that he's faster, stronger, smarter, all around better, and far, far more experienced. If Gil saw Archer as less of a threat, there wouldn't have been any reason for him to shoot at the guy while his back was turned and busy with Shirou.

He won't be as lenient against a much more dangerous foe. If anything, he'd at least bother to use shields.

Iirc, the counter force empowers him by X+1, where X is the power level of his opponent, which wouldn't matter as much in a haxx battle.

Well in this case it sorta would. Normally his projections are all weaker unless he breaks them to make them on par, where here they would all be slightly stronger even in base

The moment Gil feels too threatened, Enkidu chains come out.

If still hard-pressed, Ea.

Too much and Sha Nagba Imuru...

Enkidu chains could be deflected with sword spam, or just straight up dodged with EotM

Other stuff kills him though

Not really even as a full powered Counter Guardian he still gets stomped by the god tiers in nasuverse. But yeah after rereading about the Counter Firce and guardians Gil gets stomped, since I'm pretty sure Gil can't deal with a heroic spirit that is powered by the counterforce. Unless this is the Heroic Spirit Gilgamesh but he doesn't have a profile so that doesn't matter. Also someone close this Counter Guardian Emiya doesn't have a key or profile.

Character version: The strongest canon version of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version.

- Standard Battle Assumptions

HS Gil, this is.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
HS Gilgamesh beats CG Emiya. But shitty servant container Gil loses hard.
Thanks.I thought that CG Emiya would won.Because Counter force Empower HS.And CG has power to prevent any disaster.Only Primate mundae or someone produce more power than Alya and Gaia can beat CG.It seems i am wrong.:)

In a pure 1 v 1 disregarding Gil pissing of Gaia Gil beats CG Emiya with Enuma Elish. However if you count Gaia and Alaya being pissed Gil dies after he kills CG Emiya because he would need a full power Enuma Elish to beat him which means he pisses of Gaia and Alaya which leads to them summoning beings like their Beasts and Arceuid or more Counter Guardians.

ZERO7772 said:
Can anyon expplain to me what make CG Emiya so different than the F\SN one ?
CG's are, iirc, essentially (enemy power level) + 1, in that they're provided with enough to deal with a threat, and not more. They have no autonomy though, they can't control when they're called out to eradicate a target and its immediate area.

Back