• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Could the Death Note kill Ichigo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
If Light wrote Ichigo Kurosaki in the book, would the whole no Shinigami killing thing carry over? Just a question I asked a friend of mine IRL.

It's only works on humans, and stated to not work on shinigami (even if they aren't your traditional death gods), so yeah, It wouldn't work

I think that the Death Note only work on mortal beings; shouldn't be able to kill gods, deities, demos and similar beings

LordAizenSama said:
It's only works on humans, and stated to not work on shinigami (even if they aren't your traditional death gods), so yeah, It wouldn't work
This

The same with Aizen and Anton, i guess. From what i've remembered, it's just as they said: It only works on humans and not on other beings like shinigami's.

Of course than the Death Nothe can kill Saitama and even Goku! both are mortals, don't see why both can survive to that

That wasn't a metaphor. It literally can only kill actual humans, but not biological humanoids who are of pure alien or divine origin. So Saiyans and other aliens and completely biological deities (Tamaranians/Tamaraneans, Mewmen, etc.) are completely out of the question. What will happen if were used on actual Human hybrids, depends on which the other half is, it could be due to immortality of a godly level or some other type of DNA.

Dekoshu said:
That wasn't a metaphor. It literally can only kill actual humans, but not biological humanoids who are of pure alien or divine origin. So Saiyans and other aliens and completely biological deities (Tamaranians/Tamaraneans, Mewmen, etc.) are completely out of the question. What will happen if were used on actual Human hybrids, depends on which the other half is, it could be due to immortality of a godly level or some other type of DNA.
Pfft, Goku is an alien and a god, so he's x2 immune :p

Being a literal alien god (no, I am not being sarcastic), also excludes one from the effects of the Death Note completely.

I don't think that cuz someone is an alien should be immune to the Death Note, still being an mortal and naturaly shouldn't be related to supernatural stuff; don't known about SSG Goku, that kind of "God" don't seems like someone related much to the supernatural world, he born as a mortal, so his soul still being vulnerable to this kind of hax

Antoniofer said:
I don't think that cuz someone is an alien should be immune to the Death Note, still being an mortal and naturaly shouldn't be related to supernatural stuff; don't known about SSG Goku, that kind of "God" don't seems like someone related much to the supernatural world, he born as a mortal, so his soul still being vulnerable to this kind of hax
He possesses Godly Ki, meaning 2 things: 1.- He has a Godly energy coming out of his soul, or 2.- His soul itself is Godly.

And the Death Note doesn't work on non-humans as others had said, it's just like that.

ˆthe most likely is that the "no killing non-human" thing is due that in Death Note is a more realistic verse, where alien doesn't exist, but that is what happen when you can mix two completely different verses; about the DBS immunity to that, is hard to tell, but hasn't been seen soul hax resistence there...

Antoniofer said:
ˆthe most likely is that the "no killing non-human" thing is due that in Death Note is a more realistic verse, where alien doesn't exist, but that is what happen when you can mix two completely different verses; about the DBS immunity to that, is hard to tell, but hasn't been seen soul hax resistence there...
By non-human, I don't necessarily meant aliens, I meant anything that's well, not-human, such as other animals like cats, dogs, etc., and plants, bacteria, mushrooms etc.

ahhh Of course the Death Note doesn't kill animals, plants or bacteries, those are souless (at least in the real life and several fictional verses), but can kill any being with a soul and non related with the supernatural world

Sheoth said:
I don't recall a soul being needed as a prerequesite...
welp, try to write the name of a dog, plant or a robot and see what happen; that shouldn't work at all

It's still a bit of an assumption. When it explicitly writes "humans," we know that it means humans. However, if it meant "anyone with a soul" it would have said so specifically.

ˆthat could be due that humans are the only being with soul in the... human world; yeah that is an assumption, but a very worthy one

Sheoth said:
It's still a bit of an assumption. When it explicitly writes "humans," we know that it means humans. However, if it meant "anyone with a soul" it would have said so specifically.
Wrong. Because then soulless humans (Child Molesters, Murderers, etc) would be immune. Then it would boil down to what do "you" think is a "soul"

That actually brings up a question, off topic. If i don't have a Soul, am i immune to Soulsteal?

Aparajita said:
Sheoth said:
Wrong. Because then soulless humans (Child Molesters, Murderers, etc) would be immune. Then it would boil down to what do "you" think is a "soul"
That actually brings up a question, off topic. If i don't have a Soul, am i immune to Soulsteal?
if you haven't a soul, you're immune to soul hax, attacks/weapons like the Death Note, the Soul Reaver, Second Sight and much other can hurt nor kill you

EDIT: Even child molester and murderers have souls

No where is it implied that the Death Note attacks the Soul directly to kill. All of the killings it performs are pretty physically inclined if you ask me (heart attacks, car crashes, etc.).

Sheoth said:
No where is it implied that the Death Note attacks the Soul directly to kill. All of the killings it performs are pretty physically inclined if you ask me (heart attacks, car crashes, etc.).
the Death Note doesn't kill crushing your soul or something, what I mean is that is needed a soul to be affected/killed by the Death Note, but is needed to be a mortal to be affected/killed

But in this case, it explicitly states "Human." Any alien, monster, or non-human being would simply be unaffected, just as a shinigami would. There is never any mention of needing to posses a soul, just simply that the name being written is possesed by a specific Human.

depends of the kind of alien or monster: if the alien/monster is a beast/animal shouldn't be affected, due that they haven't a soul. And the supernatural beings should be affected cuz they are most related to heaven, hell, shinigami world or a similar, they should be resistence to soul hax

Nothin implies that a soul of any kind is required, just that you be a human, and that you are living. It was never mentioned in any form to affect a being that is not human. These are all assumptions that you are giving.

ok there is no proof about only work on beings with souls, but has sense in context; don't known how to apply this hax to others verses, but in Death Note (verse) only kill human cuz are the only beings with soul that are mortals

I'm sorry if I bug someone, I going to stop now

Antoniofer said:
ahhh Of course the Death Note doesn't kill animals, plants or bacteries, those are souless (at least in the real life and several fictional verses), but can kill any being with a soul and non related with the supernatural world
Souls doesn't even exist in RL, lol. And if they did, then they should have, the same goes for any living being, and apparently many philosophers saw it like that.

Sheoth said:
But in this case, it explicitly states "Human." Any alien, monster, or non-human being would simply be unaffected, just as a shinigami would. There is never any mention of needing to posses a soul, just simply that the name being written is possesed by a specific Human.
That gives me an idea lol, would the Death Note work on Frisk? lol

So "if" it works on Ichigo while he is out of his body he will stay as a soul. Light will still die if Ichigo cuts his head as a soul.

If he dies as a Human his soul will just be remove from his body, giving that he is a shinigami, he will just kill Light anyways.

Now that's something you don't frequently see. Well, Frisk is explictly called human and is a pure-blooded one. So, of course, unless Determination somehow nullifies even the effects of the Death Note, many people might say "why not"?

I think the death note can only work on people who dont have the durability to take their own strongest attack you get me?

I.E: If Naruto was written to hit himself with a rasengan he'd be good af.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back