• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Could Majin Boo (Manga) be Multi-Galaxy?

The first scan can just refer to how bad beerus was, not their strenght, considering he put a lot of emphasis on bad.

If this is accpeted though, it could be supported by the universal statements there, idk.

I always considered it a retcon. Toriyama didn't think of Beerus at the time he made DBZ, and during Super they wanted to relate Beerus with other gods to better make him merge in the already established divine environment. For this reason I don't think we should backscale DBZ characters to Beerus, serious, restricted or else.

I recall this being discussed several months ago, and it was rejected, I can't remember the real reason but it might be the translation.

This translation makes a lot more sense honestly, albeit I don't know which is accurate.

Considering the op translation focused in "ba~~~~ad", the scene might just be saying "beerus was almost as evil as majin buu" or something.

Yeah, this is a mistranslation. He's saying that Beerus is "Not as bad" or "Not as evil as Buu"; nothing to do with power levels. Furthermore, Majin Buu has no feats exceeding Tier 4.

Yes but only with "God Ki" which he couldn’t use.

Toriyama implied in a interview Beerus 75 million years ago was capable of destroying Kaioshin realm which is approximately 1/10 of the macrocosm, so it’s likely the size of multiple galaxies & "Beerus" sealed "Elder Kaioshin".

Elder Kaioshin stated at least in "Herms" translation that the person who sealed him "Beerus" was powerful but not as strong as current "Majin Buu". It makes sense since Elder Kaioshin is "God" so he should be capable of sensing "God Ki" within "Majin Buu".

Furthermore it’s backed up by DBS manga revealing that only Gods can sense another God's presence/ki. Another important point "Moro" (youth restored) stated Dai Kaioshin (current) is weaker than before 10 million years ago when he fought him, so Majin Buu with the "God Ki" was actually stronger than DBS nerf Daikaioshin & can be scaled to SSGod Vegeta (Chou).

Last edited:
I recall this being discussed several months ago, and it was rejected, I can't remember the real reason but it might be the translation.

This translation makes a lot more sense honestly, albeit I don't know which is accurate.
It’s Viz translation the only official company which has the licence to publish DB manga but there's still few flaws which was pointed out by Herms in Kanzenshuu.

VIZ Media is known for making a plentiful of bad translations; fan translations are often much more reliable.

VIZ Media is known for making a plentiful of bad translations; fan translations are often much more reliable.
I agree Viz has a lot of errors & under certain circumstances fan translation are accurate compare to it. But overall Viz is probably better, Herms rated it as 7/10 & stated it's far better than some of fan translations spreaded out there in internet.

It was revealed in DBS manga during the split (Skinny & Innocent) the Evil version of Majin Buu took the God Ki with him.

Daikaioshin was absorbed by Majin Buu & that's how he got it afterwards.

It was revealed in DBS manga during the split (Skinny & Innocent) the Evil version of Majin Buu took the God Ki with him.

Daikaioshin was absorbed by Majin Buu & that's how he got it afterwards.
I'd like to see the scan of this firstly, secondly when did we accept the DBS manga as the primary canon? Even then I don't see what this proves exactly, no one in dragon ball ever acts like Majin Buu and innocent Buu was a fat drop in power at all, so all that'd show is that god ki amp wasn't that huge and still would **** over his scaling to Beerus.

I'm still learning more about this wiki so I still don't actually know how to insert images.
You can send a link, you don't need to insert an image.

Post them on Imgur, then click the insert media button (it looks like a video tape and a picture. It's near the quotation mark), and then paste the imgur link into it.

I'd like to see the scan of this firstly, secondly when did we accept the DBS manga as the primary canon? Even then I don't see what this proves exactly, no one in dragon ball ever acts like Majin Buu and innocent Buu was a fat drop in power at all, so all that'd show is that god ki amp wasn't that huge and still would **** over his scaling to Beerus.

You can send a link, you don't need to insert an image.
https://ww6.************/chapter/dragon-ball-super-chapter-66/

Check "Dende's" statement.

Did anyone say anything regarding Manga being primary canon? How did it even became relevant here. When it comes to Majin Buu there's a lot of difference in power depending on whom we're speaking about. It’s because Evil Buu/Kid didn’t know how to use God Ki, you've to learn to tap into God ki else it’s not possible which is established multiple times in DBS.

https://ww6.************/chapter/dragon-ball-super-chapter-66/

Check "Dende's" statement.

Did anyone say anything regarding Manga being primary canon? How did it even became relevant here. When it comes to Majin Buu there's a lot of difference in power depending on whom we're speaking about. It’s because Evil Buu/Kid didn’t know how to use God Ki, you've to learn to tap into God ki else it’s not possible which is established multiple times in DBS.
Well you're trying to use it apart of this thread trying to upgrade the canon version of Buu so I would assume you're attempting to argue this canon. So... you're saying he scales to Young Beerus but he doesn't know how to tap into it? That makes no sense and wouldn't even warrant him a tier since he literally can't do it.

Well you're trying to use it apart of this thread trying to upgrade the canon version of Buu so I would assume you're attempting to argue this canon. So... you're saying he scales to Young Beerus but he doesn't know how to tap into it? That makes no sense and wouldn't even warrant him a tier since he literally can't do it.
Read the post, the OP specifically stated "Majin Buu (Manga)" which is a different continuity from anime & there’s a lot of manga profiles characters too.

"Canon" is entirely a different argument here which has nothing to do with the topic & I was never arguing for it but since you bought it, I'll just say this both DBS anime & manga are canon in it’s own way, because it’s based on Toriyama's draft while both Toei & Toyotarou adds stuff with Tori's approval. Especially, DBS Moro arc is entirely written by Akira Toriyama (creator & writer of DB manga) so it's definitely canon, He simply retconed stuff.

Majin Buu more specifically "Evil version" scales above Past Beerus, nerf Daikaioshin who are multi galaxy buster. I don’t see any issues with rating 3-B to Majin Buu with God Ki, him not knowing isn’t a major issue. Characters like Merus & the rest of Angels have weakness, if they were to fight between good & evil they'd be erased but in vs battles such shouldn’t a problem when different facilities can be given "hypothetically" just for the battles.

Last edited:
Read the post, the OP specifically stated "Majin Buu (Manga)" which is a different continuity from anime & there’s a lot of manga profiles characters too.

"Canon" is entirely a different argument here which has nothing to do with the topic & I was never arguing for it but since you bought it, I'll just say this both DBS anime & manga are canon in it’s own way, because it’s based on Toriyama's draft while both Toei & Toyotarou adds stuff with Tori's approval. Especially, DBS Moro arc is entirely written by Akira Toriyama (creator & writer of DB manga) so it's definitely canon, He simply retconed stuff.

Majin Buu more specifically "Evil version" scales above Past Beerus, nerf Daikaioshin who are multi galaxy buster. I don’t see any issues with rating 3-B to Majin Buu with God Ki, him not knowing isn’t a major issue. Characters like Merus & the rest of Angels have weakness, if they were to fight between good & evil they'd be erased but in vs battles such shouldn’t a problem when different facilities can be given "hypothetically" just for the battles.
Majin Buu (Manga) sounds like the canon manga of DBZ, not DBS.

That sounds like the manga isn't an official canon.

I already discussed the issue with that, he got bopped by Beerus and again literally nothing implies he got such a tremendous amp and suddenly lost it for innocent buu. VBW's hypotheticals don't take into account "if he mastered this" type deals, note profiles for shounen characters that haven't mastered their abilities yet not getting that.

That sounds like the manga isn't an official canon
How does it not sound like official canon when he specifically stated that Toriyama is involved in manga as well?
already discussed the issue with that, he got bopped by Beerus and again literally nothing implies he got such a tremendous amp and suddenly lost it for innocent buu. VBW's hypotheticals don't take into account "if he mastered this" type deals, note profiles for shounen characters that haven't mastered their abilities yet not getting that.
Your example is false,the Buu who got bopped by Beerus is first of all Good Buu(which was obtained by Fat Buu seperating into Good and Evil Buu) not Kid Buu which Elder Kai is talking about and second if all he didn't lose massive amp for Good Buu,some of the god ki power was transferred into Good Buu while most of the god ki power went to evil Buu.Its not about mastering abilites its about Kid Buu already having the power inside him which he never used which should definitely count for DBS manga continuity only.

How does it not sound like official canon when he specifically stated that Toriyama is involved in manga as well?

Your example is false,the Buu who got bopped by Beerus is first of all Good Buu(which was obtained by Fat Buu seperating into Good and Evil Buu) not Kid Buu which Elder Kai is talking about and second if all he didn't lose massive amp for Good Buu,some of the god ki power was transferred into Good Buu while most of the god ki power went to evil Buu.Its not about mastering abilites its about Kid Buu already having the power inside him which he never used which should definitely count for DBS manga continuity only.
Cause it looks like it's split into two separate things thus there's no official canon

I already elaborated on this point, so if you admit there wasn't a massive amp lost you also concede that Buu losing to Beerus kills the scaling. Since it directly requires Buu to be far higher in tier

Cause it looks like it's split into two separate things thus there's no official canon
Or maybe that both DBS anime and manga is official canon?

I already elaborated on this point, so if you admit there wasn't a massive amp lost you also concede that Buu losing to Beerus kills the scaling. Since it directly requires Buu to be far higher in tier
I replied to that point so that doesn't matter.How does me admitting that massive amp wasn't lost from Kid Buu when it was transferred from Kid Buu to Good Buu means that I concede that Beerus killing Good Buu kills the scaling? Especially when Good Buu is irrelevant to power of Kid Buu in relation to Beerus? Also Good Buu doesn't know how to use that god ki power until Moro arc so Beerus stomping a weaker Good Buu doesn't disprove anything.

Or maybe that both DBS anime and manga is official canon?

I replied to that point so that doesn't matter.How does me admitting that massive amp wasn't lost from Kid Buu when it was transferred from Kid Buu to Fat Buu means I concede that Beerus killing Good Buu kills the scaling? Especially when Good Buu is irrelevant to power of Kid Buu in relation to Beerus? Also Good Buu doesn't know how to use that god ki power until Moro arc so Beerus stomping a weaker Good Buu doesn't disprove anything.
An "official canon" is arguing one of the two storylines is the definitive canon you use, so no you can't have both.

You replied and refuted absolutely nothing and repeated the same problem I brought out. If you admit the amp isn't massive you therefore admit him being weakened is irrelevant and debunks nothing. Simple.

An "official canon" is arguing one of the two storylines is the definitive canon you use, so no you can't have both
Official canon is simply canon series which is official which in this case is both DBS anime and manga.This wiki uses DBS anime as a definitive primary canon but both are by extension definitive canon so no your point doesn't make sense.
You replied and refuted absolutely nothing and repeated the same problem I brought out. If you admit the amp isn't massive you therefore admit him being weakened is irrelevant and debunks nothing. Simple.
I replied and refuted your comment entirely which was trying to disprove Kid Buu scaling to Beerus 75 millions years back by bringing up Good Buu being beaten by Beerus and the portion of god ki boost which Good Buu got is small which admittedly doesn't debunk anything.

Official canon is simply canon series which is official which in this case is both DBS anime and manga.This wiki uses DBS anime as a definitive primary canon but both are by extension definitive canon so no your point doesn't make sense.

I replied and refuted your comment entirely which was trying to disprove Kid Buu scaling to Beerus 75 millions years back by bringing up Good Buu being beaten by Beerus and the portion of god ki boost which Good Buu got is small which admittedly doesn't debunk anything.
Offical canon isn't simply canon to the series, that's just a canoncity. Two diff things.

You didn't as I already established above, just saying you did means nothing. 75 million years back for a character that sleeps alot isn't a compelling point, we see no feats of Buu at this level, the one time we see him and Beerus he gets clapped effortlessly and we're basing it off of a statement that Toriyama had to try and find an excuse to add Beerus into.

Offical canon isn't simply canon to the series, that's just a canoncity. Two diff things.
Official canon is basically canonical series which officially links with other installments of same series,thats a better definition than what I gave previously.Its basically same thing as canoncity.
You didn't as I already established above, just saying you did means nothing. 75 million years back for a character that sleeps alot isn't a compelling point, we see no feats of Buu at this level, the one time we see him and Beerus he gets clapped effortlessly and we're basing it off of a statement that Toriyama had to try and find an excuse to add Beerus into.
Yes I did,I will even quote it here again.
You made no attempts on countering anything I stated there.I can say the same to you ie just because you said I didn't debunk you doesn't mean I actually didn't debunk you.That is again using manga version of DBS where Good Buu(One which has less god ki inherited in him than Kid Buu which is even stronger) was able to outmatch a stronger Moro than Moro who was overpowering SSG Vegeta who is 3-B.Him sleeping alot doesn't mean anything.Also again it was Good Buu who was being clapped by Beerus not Kid Buu and Good Buu didn't use his god ki strength at all.Basically you didn't refute anything I stated but instead repeated the same thing again.

Also,I am still not sure about applying Elder Kai statement with Toriyama statement when 1 contradiction still exists but thats beside the point now.

Official canon is basically canonical series which officially links with other installments of same series,thats a better definition than what I gave previously.Its basically same thing as canoncity.

Yes I did,I will even quote it here again.

You made no attempts on countering anything I stated there.I can say the same to you ie just because you said I didn't debunk you doesn't mean I actually didn't debunk you.That is again using manga version of DBS where Good Buu(One which has less god ki inherited in him than Kid Buu which is even stronger) was able to outmatch a stronger Moro than Moro who was overpowering SSG Vegeta who is 3-B.Him sleeping alot doesn't mean anything.Also again it was Good Buu who was being clapped by Beerus not Kid Buu and Good Buu didn't use his god ki strength at all.Basically you didn't refute anything I stated but instead repeated the same thing again.

Also,I am still not sure about applying Elder Kai statement with Toriyama statement when 1 contradiction still exists but thats beside the point now.
Official canon is basically canonical series would not correlate to when you're attempting to use make two things the official canon, the exact problem.

You quoted what I already addressed. I really do not care what Moro did, him sleeping a lot means a lot tho cause it directly shows the issue. I repeated myself cause you didn't refute the premise.

So you're arguing for no reason then basically lol.

Official canon is basically canonical series would not correlate to when you're attempting to use make two things the official canon, the exact problem.
I am sorry but I didn't understand the bolded portion of your comment.Mind elaborating it again?
You quoted what I already addressed. I really do not care what Moro did, him sleeping a lot means a lot tho cause it directly shows the issue. I repeated myself cause you didn't refute the premise.
You didn't address that comment at all,you basically said the exact same points which I refuted in that quoted comment.You not caring for what Moro did isn't a argument.Saying you dont care for Moro feats just makes your argument of "But Kid Buu has no 3-B feats" null.Its a issue becuase he doesn't do his GoD job,how does this relate to here? You basically just repeated something which was refuted already meaning you didn't add anything to your "rebuttal".I did address all of your premise which you didn't counter back.
So you're arguing for no reason then basically lol.
False.I am arguing with your arguments which are just wrong way of not scaling Elder Kai statement to Toriyama's interview.

I am sorry but I didn't understand the bolded portion of your comment.Mind elaborating it again?

You didn't address that comment at all,you basically said the exact same points which I refuted in that quoted comment.You not caring for what Moro did isn't a argument.Saying you dont care for Moro feats just makes your argument of "But Kid Buu has no 3-B feats" null.Its a issue becuase he doesn't do his GoD job,how does this relate to here? You basically just repeated something which was refuted already meaning you didn't add anything to your "rebuttal".I did address all of your premise which you didn't counter back.

False.I am arguing with your arguments which are just wrong way of not scaling Elder Kai statement to Toriyama's interview.
Re-read.

You didn't refute, Moro is far far stronger then Buu Saga characters, so I really do not care what 3-B feats he has. It's doesn't make it null at all. You never addressed my premise but I'll allow you to continune believing you did.

It's not the wrong way at all, not my problem you keep misrepresenting my point.

I did reread multiple times and could barely understand what you mean in that sentence hence I asked you to elaborate on that statement.
You didn't refute, Moro is far far stronger then Buu Saga characters, so I really do not care what 3-B feats he has. It's doesn't make it null at all. You never addressed my premise but I'll allow you to continune believing you did
Yes I did,saying I didn't,when I showed you a quote where I refuted you while your only response to this was repeating the thing which was countered makes your statement useless.Moro being far stronger than Buu saga characters and Good Buu scaling above him when using god ki does make your argument null since you were under impression that Buu had no 3-B feats which Moro saga says no to so yes it does make your argument null.Yes I did address it literally word by word,you can keep on saying I didn't or let me believe my words doesn't mean I didn't refute your premise.
It's not the wrong way at all, not my problem you keep misrepresenting my point.
It is as I explained above,you are just denying it at this point.I didn't misinterpret your arguments anywhere so nice excuse you have there by the way

Last edited:
Back