• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
cosmo resists everything that has genie

I think if the genie takes a size 6, it can hurt Cosmo with pure Ap, but I don't see how the genie ignore the mid-high regen.

But cosmo is too dumb to counterattack with Good hax

Last edited:
He can create things that resist magic and turn into things that do the same but Cosmo himself doesn't, and why would he use that to his advantage?

I wrote the quote on the profiles and it says magical items. Fairies get hax'd all the time.

Quick question. Why does Cosmo's magical resistance only apply in-verse?
I haven't watched Fairly Odd Parents since I was a wee lad.

No as there's no reason to say their magic is different than other magic in other verse. Timmy noticed magic hax didn't work on a magic item and later used other to defend against other magic hax, and on other ep. something like that happen again, but if an ability magic in FOP doesn't have were to hit a magical item then there is no evidence that it will resist it. That's why the wording of the resistance is as it is.

Of course, the resistance only works for all those powers if they are magic-based. That's the whole gimmick.

But cosmo is too dumb to counterattack with Good hax
So, this is correct. At best as he is here he will put up a fight without, say, missing his shoots on purpose or dropping his wand, but the only time I can think of that he used hax was him summoning a dragon to turn other fairy to ashes, other than that he's mostly pretty basic.

Of course, the resistance only works for all those powers if they are magic-based. That's the whole gimmick.
So are we assuming that the Genie uses reality warping, rather than strictly magic, which is why this doesn't help Cosmos?

Could you reword this please? I'm having trouble understanding it.
If a magic-based power/ability that magic in the FOP can't perform was used against a magical item, then the item's "resistance to magic" wouldn't matter as there is no evidence that it would be able to resist it. We know it can resist magic, magic has a set list of things it can do, so one outside of it wouldn't be part of what's resisted.

Sadly, I legit can't think of any power the verse doesn't have, but there likely exist.

So are we assuming that the Genie uses reality warping, rather than strictly magic, which is why this doesn't help Cosmos?
Cosmo himself doesn't resist magic, that bit doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure Genie's reality warping comes from his magic and not the other way around.

Alright, I get it now, Cosmo doesn't resist magic, but he can create things which can. What's stopping him from creating armor which is immune to magic then?

Alright, I get it now, Cosmo doesn't resist magic, but he can create things which can. What's stopping him from creating armor which is immune to magic then?
Cosmo even when it knows that its enemy is magical will not create a barrier or an armor, unless it is something that it really knows it has to do because it is the last option.

cosmo does not know that Genie can turn him into an Ex: elephant

Never having done that before, thinking it as a thing he can do nor having half the brain needed to come up with that as a plan. He can turn into a dragon, summon one, and, idk, pretty random stuff aside from that.

It's a sub-type of transmutation. Also do the animals lose the consciousness they had before?

Edit: Yeah, their shape-shifting is natural and can ever re-have their wands from it, so

Last edited:

His monkey seemed to keep his monkey brain as an elephant.

Does Genie have any form of petrification? Cosmo did get incapacitated via petrification once, but after turning into an animal, he just turns himself back to normal.

If he doesnt, what is another way he can defeat Cosmo?

Back