• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Didn't know this existed but it's wrong.

From their Low 2-C AP: "All of them are the embodiments of Universal constants"

Doesn't matter.

"predate Time and the Big Bang"

It says that they "came into being at the beginning of time", the Big Band created time, after that they come into being, so no. And it doesn't even matter anyway.

"created the Infinity Stones"

Doesn't matter. Also did they?

Their Incorporeality has no reason to be.

If "Death can manipulate reality, time, and space" and mess with souls then why do they all can do the same?

Their range and intelligence is wrong.

If 2 + 2 isn't 5 then pointing that out doesn't need any effort bigger than "that's wrong", ignoring how making the effort to point out something like it when unneeded to will just be taken for granted.

Exactly, saying "it doesn't matter" is fine because it doesn't actually matter, that's literally the point, he just simplified the explanation that "being constants and predating stuff doesn't give tier 2".

I mean, even when I agree with the general idea of the CRT, I do think there was so little effort put into anything in the OP. Like, all your points are "or did they?" and "it doesn't matter", when you need to explain WHY for those to be valid arguments.

If 2 + 2 isn't 5 then pointing that out doesn't need any effort bigger than "that's wrong", ignoring how making the effort to point out something like it when unneeded to will just be taken for granted.
1. You could say 2+2 = 4, and explain how they got their equation wrong.

2. This thread and debate (like all other things on VSBW) are more subjective than just hard numbers or basic math. You need to give alternative explanations and whatnot. You didn't even propose an alternative tier or rating to downgrade them to, you just did the equivalent of saying "No U". We need explanations, not incomplete sentences.

Well, I do find quite hard seeing what is pretty much "the sky is red because [reason]" and have to write not just that it's wrong but why it's wrong, a reason as to why it's wrong would be pretty much a synonymous with saying that it's wrong, I don't see any difference with "the sky is not red" and "the sky is not red, the sky is blue" in the sense that in the latter I'm just stating the same twite, both are too fundamental to hold any difference in practice and so saying both things is unnecessary due to being redundant. It can even be argued that "talking less" (in this sense) is good as it "elevates" the standards, what if someone sees this and disagrees with everything? That could leave them with frustrations on the wiki if they keep thinking that way in the future, but with someone trying to understand this if they didn't at glance then the opposite happens.

The new teir can be Unknown unless anyone bring up something I don't know (I don't even know which series brought up this characters).

I definitely think the pages suck and should probably be deleted (do any of the Entities actually appear outside of this?) but yeah it’s be good of you provided more detail

Eficiente seems to make sense here, but it would likely be good if he checked under MCU in our knowledgeable members list page for verses, and sends notifications to some of them.

The OP seems to make sense here, but it would be much better if he would detail the OP message more

Other than that I don't really know much about the Cosmic Entities so I don't think I'll be much help here

I have no idea where these guys came from, but i agree with OPs points.

Do they even deserve profiles? From what i see, their only appearances are from some quotes 3 lines long, with barely any information or context to go with.

If the entities created the stones, which were given form through the big bang in the creation of the universe, then those are grounds for 3-A/Low 2-C. Granted this is mostly speculative.

Infinity also represents all space in the universe, which from what Ultima told me, would be 3-A aswell.

Honestly profile should just be removed. It's a composite of 4 different characters that haven't even made a proper on-screen appearance and are effectively featless.
I agree

I know we can have profiles for featless characters, but this is REALLY stretching it.

All we know is 3 lines worth in a guidebook and a single frame from Guardians of the Galaxy.

The quote doesn't even say they created the stones, just talks about a very vague idea of their character and abilities

Oh no, yeah this is page is all wrong and not very reliable. It's so obscure not even I knew about it. To me, it's a bunch of guesswork and has little to no credible sources. Best to delete.

If I delete the profile page, is somebody willing ot remove all the links to it from other pages?

I'll forever wonder where was it that this this beings were mentioned and never look it up.

I figure we would delete it, just didn't propose it myself because the profile could have been accurate. I don't think it matters.

I have deleted the page. Should I close this thread?

Before this thread gets closed, I would like to point out that the Cosmic Entities did, in fact, create the Infinity Stones.

Just curious, but isn't this like the same situation as God Of War Odin? Like we only hear stories about him and see his shrine, he never makes an appearance but still has a profile.

Just curious, but isn't this like the same situation as God Of War Odin? Like we only hear stories about him and see his shrine, he never makes an appearance but still has a profile.
There's more abundant information about him through stories compared to the MCU Primordials, who frankly I forgot were ever mentioned. In addition, there is a scaling chain we can establish for him that primarily includes characters we encounter in the story, making his tiering more solid

There's more abundant information about him through stories compared to the MCU Primordials, who frankly I forgot were ever mentioned. In addition, there is a scaling chain we can establish for him that primarily includes characters we encounter in the story, making his tiering more solid
Odin was mentioned in God of War itself and had a fair bit of lore surronding him, the MCU primordials were mentioned once in a guideboo

The difference is Odin is The main villain for this Norse era of GOW and he has feats and scaling already

From a reason-oriented standpoint, wouldn't the Cosmic Beings scale as being superior to Thanos with the completed Infinity Gauntlet, since they are the ones who created the Stones to begin with?

Possibly but we don't know how they created it or how long it took
Did they just conjure them or did they all combine their efforts to laboriously engineer the Stones?

That's just unknown tier then.

Also, where does it say the create the stones??

On the "Infinity Stones" page, as well as the "Cosmic Entities" page.

From the "Infinity Stones" page on the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki:

"The Infinity Stones were six immensely powerful gem-like objects tied to different aspects of the universe, created by the Cosmic Entities. Each of the stones possesses unique capabilities that have been enhanced and altered by various alien civilizations for millennia."

From the "Cosmic Entities" page on the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki:

"The Cosmic Entities are the primordial beings responsible for the creation of the Infinity Stones. They are mysterious and powerful beyond mortal comprehension, existing as myths to the oldest species in the universe."

Possibly but we don't know how they created it or how long it took
Did they just conjure them or did they all combine their efforts to laboriously engineer the Stones?

As far as this is concerned, I'm almost 100% certain they were simply conjured, as evident by a conversation between Wong and Strange from "Avengers: Infinity War".

"At the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then... boom. The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals hurtling across the virgin universe. These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence."—Wong

"Space, Reality, Power, Soul, Mind, and Time."—Strange

As far as this is concerned, I'm almost 100% certain they were simply conjured, as evident by a conversation between Wong and Strange from "Avengers: Infinity War".

"At the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then... boom. The Big Bang sent six elemental crystals hurtling across the virgin universe. These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence."—Wong

"Space, Reality, Power, Soul, Mind, and Time."—Strange
That and the quote from the Dark World imply it was the emergent Big Bang, not some universal beings who may or may not exist in the context of the film universe

Looking at the MCU wiki pages for the stones and the entities. The source for the entities creating the stones seems to be from an old guidebook called "The art of the guardians of the galaxy". The only other evidence for this is the collector saying the stones were "forged" in Guardians of the Galaxy, but that could simply be a descriptive word for them being formed during the Big Bang, which is backed up by direct evidence from Infinity War

So can I close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back