• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cool Cat Verse Deletion Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of legal complications, if Cool Cat gets banned here, so will he in JBW, just pointing that out.

Practically yes considering the amount of people that agree that we shouldn't have him on the wiki, including Ant

And?

That doesn't at all counter the argument I have, or the other issues the Cool Cat page had in the first place.

What "other issues" did it have? All I've heard is that Cool Cat isn't a combat oriented verse, despite having two whole books based off martial arts.

According to Google Cool Cat has 12 books and 4 movies. Literally 2 things out of 16 products about Cool Cat.

Actually, Cool Cat Saves the Kids is just all the previous movies cobbled together into one, and Kids Superhero is just an edited Saves the Kids.

Anyways, mascots with combat-oriented material are allowed, despite said material making up, like, one hundredth of their brand.

I don't know abou LS, but in Stops a School Shooting he might dodge a bullet

And I think he would be acceptable if he has viable upgrades.

Might, he might dodge a bullet (this wiki doesn't approve guesswork, you saw what happened to that Witch feat). Even though given the cheapness of the films in general I doubt that would happen.

I'm pretty sure dodging a bullet wouldn't instantly make you combat oriented, lets say Handy Mandy dodges a bullet, would that make him a combat orientated character? No it shouldn't.

Plus the apparent martial arts books are still massively outweighed by the kid appropriate garbage the series also possesses that don't prove Cool Cat is a combat orientated character.

Again, literally no one important approved that idea (And honestly at this point I doubt that anyone important would share that ideology)

Gewsbumpz dude said:
Might, he might dodge a bullet (this wiki doesn't approve guesswork). Even though given the cheapness of the films in general I doubt that would happen.
I'm pretty sure dodging a bullet wouldn't instantly make you combat oriented, lets say Handy Mandy dodges a bullet, would that make him a combat orientated character? No it shouldn't.

Plus the apparent martial arts books are still massively outweighed by the kid appropriate garbage the series also possesses that don't prove Cool Cat is a combat orientated character.

Again, literally no one important approved of that idea (And honestly at this point I doubt that anyone important would share that ideology)
I'm trying to tell you to wait until that movie comes out to discuss this.

If Handy Mandy was in the sort of action-packed situation where he'd need to dodge a bullet, he'd be a combat oriented character. Problem is, he'll never be in that situation because he's Handy Mandy.

"Anyways, mascots with combat-oriented material are allowed, despite said material making up, like, one hundredth of their brand." -Me

Yeah. The massive group of one person, and even that was rather vague.

Technically that's a good point though.

Parks&Rec had a hunting episode while Office has had a few "fighting" focused episode, hell even stuff like the Middle throw in a "School Fight" scene, and the original Diary of a Wimpy Kid book has a scene that can be considered "action-packed" (The Halloween chase scene)

So like, does a presence of a single fighting related installment outweigh the rest of the verse's showcase? That'll be a discussion point I suppose.

BigSmoke is right though, any further discussion should likely be shelved until the film is actually released. Who knows, maybe he doesn't get anything.

I mean that if there was character who needed to dodge a bullet in the first place, they would likely be combat oriented, whereas Handy Mandy would be in no such situation.

BigSmoke4269 said:
I mean that if there was character who needed to dodge a bullet in the first place, they would likely be combat oriented, whereas Handy Mandy would be in no such situation.
Faulty logic ngl. Bruce Wayne's parents aren't combat-oriented because they had a chance to dodge a bullet, neither are the civillians who had to run from rubble in Man of Steel.

@Bobsican If you don't stop tempting me, Barney is getting a downgrade to JBW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back