• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Continent Level Gojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SauceGod1.1

He/Him
Aight so I'm not even finna debate anything in this thread cuz I don't got time, just wanted to point it out since it even went over my head.

Black Flash isn't a 2.5x multiplier if not a 2.5 exponent, as in if a character normally scales to 1 Megaton, with black flash, they'd scale to 1 Petaton.

Even in the description of BF y'all pointed this out but don't apply it "Black Flash: A Technique that creates spatial distortion when a user connects with an impact of Cursed Energy within 0.000001 seconds of a physical hit. The phenomenon causes Cursed Energy to flash black, creating an attack that is equal to a normal hit to the power of 2.5."

I disagree with both y'all scaling of JJK caping at Small City level alongside this application of BF but I just wanted to point it out.

They're saying its 1 Megaton to the power of 2.5 not a 2.5x multiplier.

Of course, I very much doubt Gojo's getting to 6-A if his has been brought up before.

Well, no, this assumes you ^2.5 the tons of TNT. If you used the equal amount of force in joules and ^2.5-d that, it would be 5-A.

If you used how many tons a megaton is, then it would end up as 6-A as per op.

Using kilotons it would be High 6-C.

Using megaton it doesn't increase the power at all.

Using power exponents for joules or its equivalents tend to get that problem a lot.

Discussed earlier

Current JJK is scaling to Large Mountain level+, but I might do a CRT to cap it at Small City level down the line.

The thing about exponentials is that they require a unit. So if you use the power of 2.5 with something like "Gigatons of TNT" as a unit you'll get a massive downgrade, and if you use a conventional unit like Joules you'll get a massive upgrade.
Well, the unit used here is "Cursed Energy", and we don't know how it compares or converts to units we know about. It starts with the value of 2 of Sorcerers, since the author realize that 1^2.5 = 1.

Not to mention how inconsistent and contrary to lore to have students harming beings who can tank multi-continental level of damage.

Discussed earlier

Current JJK is scaling to Large Mountain level+, but I might do a CRT to cap it at Small City level down the line.

The thing about exponentials is that they require a unit. So if you use the power of 2.5x with something like "Gigatons of TNT" as a unit you'll get a massive downgrade, and if you use a conventional unit like Joules you'll get a massive upgrade.
Well, the unit used here is "Cursed Energy", and we don't know how it compares to units we know about. It starts with the value of 2 of Sorcerers, since the author realize that 1^2.5 = 1.

Not to mention how inconsistent and contrary to lore to have students harming beings who can tank continental-level damage.

I swear I heard that the power is multiplied by 2.5 not raised to the power of 2.5... Also if it was raised to the power then it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever... It makes sense if it's multiplied by 2.5 though.

I swear I heard that the power is multiplied by 2.5 not raised to the power of 2.5... Also if it was raised to the power then it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever... It makes sense if it's multiplied by 2.5 though.
Well, Gege said himself

yatGWEn.jpg

No, it really doesn't. We don't use unmotivated multipliers when they're not backed with a single feat.
We do that with a lot of verses like bane being 10 times stronger with his second key which makes his AP jump
Nah, the best feat in the series was tier 7 so outlier it would be, plus everyone being the same tier of Gojo would be even more inconsistent
Do the tier 7 feats contradict the tier 5 ones?

We do that with a lot of verses like bane being 10 times stronger with his second key which makes his AP jump
No, we don't. Bane's is a fairly reasonable jump anyway, not becoming billions of times stronger than before. Highschool DxD isn't Tier 4 for the same reason since it has stuff like 2^30 times multipliers. If we do then those verses need more scrutiny.
Do the tier 7 feats contradict the tier 5 ones?
There is no Tier 5 feat, only a multiplier. If there was then they'd scale to that.

In the case of DxD have only Tier 7/6 feats, a couple of Tier 5 statements for god-tiers and a potentially Tier 4 multiplier for a far weaker character at the time.

Here, it's just Tier 7 feats and one Tier 5 multiplier unsupported by a feat.

The multiplier is inconsistent in both cases. Like, do you not understand how scaling works on this site? But sure, argument from incredulity.

No, we don't. Bane's is a fairly reasonable jump anyway, not becoming billions of times stronger than before. Highschool DxD isn't Tier 4 for the same reason since it has stuff like 2^30 times multipliers. If we do then those verses need more scrutiny.

There is no Tier 5 feat, only a multiplier. If there was then they'd scale to that.
y they aren't? if they have multipliers, they should have these tiers

y they aren't? if they have multipliers, they should have these tiers
We have rules on how to use multipliers though. No one at Tier 8 is really jumping to Tier 5 with a "my strength is multiplied by 100 quintillion!" when the best feat shown after that is still Tier 8.

We have a page for multipliers. Past need proof for the increase in power being reasonable, the higher the multiplier the more proof needed.

The fact that the author acknowledges he only used it because it sounds more impressive and that it doesn't really make sense due to lack of cursed energy units make this even less reasonable to apply.

Unfortunately Black Flash is a "Much Higher with Black flash" rating. It was very much good and consistent until some people started tanking them. Although there are a few explanations why that is.
- Cusres obviously survive thanks to regen, they don't actually scale to the attack in durability. They only survive thanks to regen, this also isn't always either as after enough time their regen will not be able to help them out.

- Todo only survived thanks to his concentration of curse energy in one spot, since cursed energy amps physical stats and the more cursed energy in an area the stronger, so Todo putting all of his cursed energy into the impact he was able to negate as much damage as possible, although not all of it as he was still significantly ****** up by, he just negated enough to survive it. So even with all his cursed energy in the one spot he doesn't scale to a full black flash by Mahito.

- Yuji also got one shot by black flash by Mahito too, so not really tanking either.

Other time
- The death paintings had entire portions of their body obliterated by the the black flashes, which would be consistent.

but yeah, I'm not trying to argue for or against, just these are some of the things I could think of to explain away the inconsistences.

^As far as I remember multiple characters tanked Black Flash damage output, and didn't simply regenerate.

Bro this thread is full of manga spoilers damn. I just wanna say if black flash can make a tier 7 character tier 5 or some crazy crap like that then how tf do characters survive getting hit by it, if they scale to the black flash technique then that makes even less sense because then the technique wouldn't be ^2.5.

Bro this thread is full of manga spoilers damn. I just wanna say if black flash can make a tier 7 character tier 5 or some crazy crap like that then how tf do characters survive getting hit by it, if they scale to the black flash technique then that makes even less sense because then the technique wouldn't be ^2.5.
then just makes all of them tier 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back