• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Concerning the Pokemon Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright....this is gonna look extremely ridiculous and will probably make you guys think im crazy today....but I feel as if I should say something concerning the Pokemon Multiverse. A theory I thought up of (a GAME theory??? :D) that can either be a huge shocker.....or just downright idiotic. But it's better to take a chance and see how it goes lol. Now that that's done, we can begin (post will be long so prepare yourselves xD).

Clearly as all of you (at least most of you) know, Pokemon is currently being considered a multiverse ever since the remake of the Generation 3 games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, or just ORAS. Evidence of this? ----------> [here ] [here ] annnnnnnnnnd [here ].

These links listed above can explain it to you. You can also choose to look for more sites that talk about this if you feel you require more information (as well as our very own beloved debating site). The last link even has the video that Game Theory made, that started the whole discussion about the Pokemon Multiverse in general, so I don't think more info is needed. Anywho, whether you have seen this video or not have seen it, the details here should be very clear. The theory is suggesting that each of the games (yes even every copy SOLD) is a separate parallel universe because of a platter of reasoning's. One is because of Gatekeeper Zinnia's statement, another is because of the Link Cable business and another is also due to what the team leaders of BOTH games, Archie and Maxie, clearly state out (you can find all of this in the video so im not gonna waste anyone's time by re typing it here). But in case some of you are STILL not convinced, here are 2 more reasons I alone have thought up that would assist this theory:

The first reason has to do with the trading system. Now as some of you fans are aware, Pokemon who are being traded to you are coming from a "different place". To say just what that different place its coming from is...well... definitely unknown. But HOW it's being traded is the main point. For example, go to this link [here]. This is one of my Arceus's (yea I got an army of gods bitches, what you gonna do now? xD). If you look at the trading summary for my Arceus, it says something "very" interesting: "A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Sinnoh Region." Now notice anything special about this? Fateful encounter? Space and Time travel? Seems very similar to….welll….TRADING of course. You trading with a friend that IS the fateful encounter and then traveling through space and time from one point to the next. This goes perfectly with the Link Cable talk from Game Theory. But this isn't the most notable thing about this statement. It's the locatio that is and Arceus is coming from the SINNOH region. Looking back to Game Theory's words, each of the games in the franchise is not only considered separate universes, they are also considered separate Timelines with the generations of each game going into a special pattern or order (and to help justify this go here and you will see trading from the original RSE games being compatable with the ORAS remakes and getting a time travel award in the process. Plus time capsules from gen 2.)

Before some of you say "But Anime4! Sinnoh is just another Region away from Hoenn just like the other regions!" YES that is technically true. Sinnoh and other regions of the Pokemon world DO exist in the games. Well….ORAS at least. The fact that characters in-game mention the other regions and events outside of the main games region is evident of this. BUT, overlooking that, you have to think about which Sinnoh it is. Following the earlier statement, the Sinnoh Region Arceus's summary is talking about can very likely be talking about the Sinnoh not from ORAS in-game, but from an earlier generation... Generation 4 to be more specific. After-all, that is the first generation in Pokemon were Sinnoh has popped up in. It wouldn't make sense for someone (more specifically our goat god) to travel the way my Arceus did if it was just another region away.....which is what ships and cruises like the St. Anne is for. Not to mention, trading summaries in Pokemon games tend to be EXTREMELY specific and accurate on just where and when a Pokemon comes from for you.. In addition, Arceus was never considered to be a thing until Generation 4 anyway, so it's not a stretch to say my Arceus came from an earlier timeline, given the summary statement about it traveling through TIME and SPACE to get to my OR game. You know, a different timeline and different universe to get to another one. TRUST me….as ridiculous as this sounds…..if you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Now the second reason I have for this is based on the real world Multiverse theory. About people and different outcomes. That you can exist in separate universes, parallel from the one you live in, as "multiple" versions of you. They are the same person as you, but they can live different lives with having different names and doing different things. And for everything you do, you make a new universe. Such as if you look to the left, in another universe you look to the right. Or if in one universe you run, in another universe you walk instead. But what does this have to do with Pokemon? Well in all seriousness and honesty.....Pokemon games go by this EXACT rule EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Here's an example:

Take Red, Green and Blue from Pokemon's Gen 1. Every one of us can play as them in each of our own "games". You choose which character you want, a boy or a girl. Then once you've chosen them, you give them either yours or A name for them to live by in the game. Going from your name to a name or even using their original names. You can even pick a name or just make one up for your rival too to live by. Then once the game starts, and you become a trainer, you can choose between which starter pokemon you want: Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. Then you are challenged by your rival to a battle, which you can either win or lose. And then times the time for you to catch your first pokemon, which can be anything (in the limit of course) to a pidgey to a ratatta and it goes on. And in later games, the version you are playing in will give u the opportunity to catch the legendary pokemon OF THAT game, as is the opposite one. And of course this works the same way with the organizations of those games. If you think about it, and connect the dots, it's the SAME principle. The characters we play by are still the same official Red, Green and Blue characters, but in YOUR game universe you can choose which one you want and name them anything u want for them to live by. The names can go anywhere to Red being named Matthew to him being named Kevin to him being named John, you can even just name them numbers. The names can be ANYTHING. Thus they are living different lives with different names and different actions, such as choosing a starter, win or lose against rival, which pokemon to catch, stopping which organization, catching which legendary, etc.

Case end point, the reasons I've already provided in the links and the reasons I have added should extremely imply Pokemon being a multiverse in the end. Now the last thing I will bring up in this thread is: just how BIG is the Pokemon Multiverse really?? There is obviously no real way to accurately figure this out, but maybe we can figure out a number CLOSE to an accurate conclusion based on what has been mentioned above. Im not at all saying this is correct, but at the very least it should be a possible answer to the question. So here's how I think it can go:

At the beginning of your game, you go through the introduction and go to the character customization. Like in every Pokemon game, it asks if you are a boy or a girl. That's 2 universes right there for being able to choose 2 different characters to play as. Then comes the names for your character. At this stage, the number of possible outcomes can vary heavenly as again, your character's name can be anything you want. So for this part, we will have to guess and go with at least the billions+. So now it's in the billions range. Now specifically for the new Sun and Moon games u can play as for 4 different versions of your character. They can have light to dark colored skin/hair. So that's 4 universes each for both characters, making it 8. For X/Y it goes up to 6 as its 3 for both characters. Next, as we go deeper into the game, it comes the time to pick your starter pokemon. It can be a Fire, Water or Grass type. So that's 3 different outcomes for both characters, making it 6 universes again. Next you are able to place a nickname on your starter pokemon. Here it's the same as above with the character's name, being anything. So that's a range of a billion+ names you can give any one of your starter pokemon. Then when you battle your rival you can either win or lose against them. 2 outcomes for both characters, making it 4 universes. Then we go even deeper and then it comes time for you to catch your first pokemon and whatever low level pokemon you can get to be your first pokemon. This time it varies but only slightly. So we could say at least 3 kind of low level pokemon u can get as your first one for both characters. So that's 6 universes with each outcome. And speaking of that, your character has the option of either traveling/NOT traveling through grass to catch pokemon, releasing/NOT releasing pokemon you want to keep/which kind of pokeball you'll use to catch them too. That's like 60 different universes of outcomes. Then we have the option of choosing to train or not train your pokemon while traveling. For both characters that's 4 more universes. I can go on but I'll try and rap this up lol. Then there's what we are willingly to consider last, such as which evil organization you have to beat and which one will help you like in ORAS with Archie and Maxie. So that's 2 universes. Then we have the option of which legendary to catch depending on the version and the option of either catching or defeating it. Since we are only talking about one specific game, the versions don't matter right now and as for the option of catching or defeating it, that counts for both characters, so that's 4 universes there. Then which elite 4 member to face first to the last in any order you want. That's about 8 universes of count comes as well. The possibilities are tremendous. And this is just for one specific game. Imagine this whole thing being repeated for billions of other game copies in our world. OUCH!

So in conclusion, If im right, the Pokemon Multiverse likely has infinite amounts of universes, but as of now, has billions upon billions of universes to reasonably consider, based on everything stated in this post. I know this looks ridiculous but it's a possibility, no doubt about that.

So does anyone have any thoughts and/or concerns about this?

Pretty sure we had some degree of talk about this before.

Well first of all, the amount of possibilities doesn't even reach near the minimum for 2-A, let alone Infinite.

But also it's quite theorical and less solid proof.

But personally I'd agree to put in "Possibly 2-B" or "Possibly much higher"

Why less solid proof? The game gives a lot of evidence towards this. I mean you even get a reward on "time traveling" just by trading....

Anime4Life2020 said:
Why less solid proof? The game gives a lot of evidence towards this. I mean you even get a reward on "time traveling" just by trading....
Show us this reward please.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ah. Blended in for me so I ended up gazing over it XD. Well we will se what others think.
Ha lol. Happens to me at times too, your not alone

Did you also skip the "Arceus traveling through Space and Time part to get to the Hoenn Region" part? xD

True but the time traveling part would also prove that the original Ruby, Saphirre and Emerald games are of different universes to the ORAS remakes, hence the Time Travel reward scan.

Also, did people forget about Time Capsules from gen 2?

This seems way too speculative for my taste, without any official statements concerning the issue, and in addition, what is the proof that there is only one true Arceus ruling over all of the alternative universes?

Antvasima said:
This seems way too speculative for my taste, without any official statements concerning the issue, and in addition, what is the proof that there is only one true Arceus ruling over all of the alternative universes?
Because there's only one Arceus and one set of Creation and Lake Trio's in the verse period? I thought this was already addressed in the previous threads concerning the Pokemon Multiverse

No, that was just for a single continuity, as far as I am aware. Not for every single game that has ever been sold.

To be fair There was an Arceus in SMD. Who was PIS'd (I see a pattern here.) But we have no idea whether that was the main arceus or a weaker one. Also canon wise Arceus has never been canonically caught in any media.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
To be fair There was an Arceus in SMD. Who was PIS'd (I see a pattern here.) But we have no idea whether that was the main arceus or a weaker one. Also canon wise Arceus has never been canonically caught in any media.
On his profile it notes that Arceus's physical apperance is the physical manefestation of the Original Spirit that interacts within the Mulitverse so i'd say its the same. Or at the very least just another avatar of the main Arceus.

I dont think so but try looking up the lore of the Original Spirit on Bulbpedia. There is a page that explains one of the characters in-verse saying to the player their research on what the Original One and the Original Spirit are.

Also Arceus is omnipresent anyways so that justifies it even more.

"The Original Story" does seem to imply that the Arceus(es?) that appear in the games are likely just manifestations that don't affect the true thing, as Arceus' original form is stated to be in "unyielding sleep".

Well I mean

"In the beginning, there was only

a churning turmoil of chaos.

At the heart of chaos, where all

things became one, appeared an Egg.

Having tumbled from the vortex, the

Egg gave rise to the Original One.

From itself, two beings the Original

One did make.

Time started to spin.

Space began to expand.

From itself again, three living things

the Original One did make.

The two beings wished, and from them,

matter came to be.

The three living things wished, and

from them, spirit came to be.

The world created, the Original One

took to unyielding sleep..."

@Azathoth So what do you think? Should we rate Arceus as 2-B?

Same. I mean there is a lot of evidence that at least points in Arceus being in that direction. We could always (if accepted) rate Arceus as Likely 2-B and see what happens. Just to be safe. But that's just me tho.

Also, as far as the Time Travel Award thing goes, does that solidfy anything?

@Ant

Well, since we have no solidified level, "Likely 2-B" is probably safest. He could be higher, but since we have no confirmation on the number of universes and diverging timelines as opposed to "A lot of them", "Likely 2-B" seems like it would be the best route.

This would also affect fully unrestricted Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina, who were actually the ones who created all the universes and timelines. Arceus is just drastically superior to them.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
This would also affect fully unrestricted Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina, who were actually the ones who created all the universes and timelines. Arceus is just drastically superior to them.
So then Likely 2-B, posibly higher then? For the ratings right now the creation trio in their strongest forms are rated solid 2-C's while Arceus is "At least 2-C". If we add this on, and it makes the creation trio solid 2-B's for creating the universes, then wouldnt Arceus be "At least 2-B, possibly higher" since he's drastically above them?

And dont forget this might also effect the Lake Trio as well.

I mean, the gap between the lowest and highest bounds of 2-B is far, far greater than the difference between the lowest and highest bounds of 2-C, but since he's shown to be so far above them he's practically untouchable, I guess maybe "Likely 2-B, possibly higher" would be fine for Arceus?

Yea that sounds good. Anything you say Azath. And what about the Creation and Lake Trio's?

Would Dialga, Palkia and Giratina in their sealed forms be Low 2-B while unsealed is just Likely/Possibly 2-B? And for the Lake guardians would they combined be a Low 2-B for being on par with one of the Creation Trio members?

Well, we need a proper explanation for the "At least 2-B" rating in Arceus' page.

Right.......hmmm..........

We could say it's because of Game Theory's belief that each copy of the Pokemon games is a separate universe that branches off more of them, with lots of evidence in-verse that would prove it.

Or is it too flawwed?

"Likely 2-B". That feels more safe than "At least".

Anyway, the explanation should probably mention that each set of games and their remakes are considered to be separate universes/timelines. All these universes have more parallel universes linked via the Mirror Cave. All of these universes likely also have their own timelines. Then of course there are multiple other universes not tied to any regular universe, such as Palkia's realm of pure space, Dialga's realm of pure time, the Distortion World, the Unown World, Togepi's realm, Deoxys' universe, etc. So basically, there's a vast and uncounted number of realities. I don't know the best way to properly phrase that, though.

Okay. We need to work out something before making the changes though.

I think we should go with Azathoth;s. It's seems to be the most explained reasoning here in this thread. Though if more is required should someone make a thread that thourughly explains the reasoning in a single post and we just post a link on Arceus's profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back