• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Conceptual Manipulation for The Ghost And Molly McGee

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
I know this is crazy, but hear me out.

Scratch states that luck is very real. He seems to be a reliable source from it as he actually manipulates it in the episode. He states that normally good and bad luck coexist in harmony. Doesn't sound all that powerful though, right? Well, later on in the episode, Scratch calls it a cosmic force. Not only that, but he also states that meddling with it could potentially be universe-threatening. I'm not fishing for 3-A though. For context, let's look at the episode. Scratch uses some ghost magic to transfer some of Molly's good luck to Libby, who has bad luck. And we see that Libby now has good luck and Molly has bad luck, thanks to the meddling of this force. But when it falls into Andrea's hands... who is already very lucky, Scratch states that the penny will absorb ALL luck until there is none left. All of this cosmic, universal force known as luck will be in her possession and control. Would this qualify for CM?

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Is Luck some type of abstract idea? If no this is more like to be some type of energy characters are able to manipulate rather than CM

Is Luck some type of abstract idea? If no this is more like to be some type of energy characters are able to manipulate rather than CM
Also, if it can really manipulate luck in abstract essence, isn't it just Luck Manipulation, not in conceptual stage?

Also, if it can really manipulate luck in abstract essence, isn't it just Luck Manipulation, not in conceptual stage?
I asked it because concept is defined as abstract idea. So if Luck is potrayed as something similar to that it might grant CM (Luck would be a concept) but otherwise it's just Luck/Probability/Energy Manipulation

I feel like Scratch's probability manipulation and law manipulation already cover this. It's not that luck is a concept in this sense, it's just that it exists throughout the universe and Scratch can control it. It's like how having the ability to manipulate all of space in the universe counts as universal spatial manipulation instead of conceptual manipulation. In that fictional work, luck is a type of universal energy and law that Scratch can influence in order to make characters more fortunate or less fortunate, which seems to fit the descriptions of probability manipulation and law manipulation more than conceptual manipulation.

Based on the information in this thread, you should change the range of Scratch's ghostly powers from kilometers to universal though. I also think that "at least Average" is suitable for Scratch's intelligence since he knows about how this stuff works through hands on experience.

Back