• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite Human durability downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
CH's 9-B durability is non sense. Pretty much he currently scales to being hit by a train, but the news report says that he survived due to the angle the train hit him and nothing else. The guy who survived being hit by a train can easily be punched to death by any other 10-B human. Also his second 9-B feat is unusable; G-Force doesn't work like that. A regular human who could easily be beaten to death by regular humans tested g-forces and got to ridiculously high numbers like 200-300 and causally survived. Everything else in his durability section is 9-C to 9-C+ so he should be downgraded to 9-C+.

It's already been two days. Man time flies, also I have no clue who to contact because a crap ton of the staff seem incredibly busy so I'll just bump this and see how it goes.

Just ask a few of the administrators and active discussion moderators.

Usually when people survive getting run over by fast vehicles or survive great falls, there's a catch to it. There's often the idea that they weren't fully hit by the car. And same with surviving massive falls without a parachute, is that a giant pile of hay is soft landing for those people. Durability isn't entirely linear as there are numerous 10-C stuff that are very fatal and even Street level falls have often been harmless to normal humans.

In other words, I don't mind the durability downgrade.

Okay. Thanks for the reply. I suppose that this seems fairly uncontroversial to change then.

Last time I checked he was 9-C+ for the 8 times thing until the train feat came around.

Keeweed said:
Last time I checked he was 9-C+ for the 8 times thing until the train feat came around.
Nope, now that we have an exact dura for bones (The bone thing is for a heavily-weakened bone from a dead 56-year-old woman, not a living bone from the average healthy man) we went right ahead with that. With CH's bones being 8 times denser than that.

You don't have to break their skeleton to harm/kill a human. Especially if punching someone in the face or simply choking them can kill a human without breaking anything. And yeah, it was the 8x higher density that was 9-B a long time ago, but after the baseline for 9-B went from 5000 Joules to 15000 Joules, it's only Street level+ now.

Anway, I unlocked the profile so Keeweed can perform the edits.

CH having bones 8x the density of that of a normal human (Whose bones can take Street level+ energy anyway, 9920 joules) would easily grant him Wall level dura.

And yes, people can be killed via choking and other ways like stabbing and stuff, but that's not what's being talked about.

As a character that use rl physics, finding out its durability doesn't work like whe conventionally do here, its as durable as skin, muscle and bones can be. And technically, having more density doesn't mean to be more hard, not necessary.

I see. Oh well, I have no problems with the downgrades then.

Any notable fight that will have to be removed?

That 9920 Joule calc is explicitly referring to the most dense skeleton known to man. And as mentioned above, having a skeleton that durable doesn't mean the rest of you is. Edit: Ninja'd by Antonifer.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That 9920 Joule calc is explicitly referring to the most dense skeleton known to man. And as mentioned above, having a skeleton that durable doesn't mean the rest of you is. Edit: Ninja'd by Antonifer.
Not really, it actually states that the test was done on the arm bone of a dead 52-year-old woman (Sorry, it was 52, not 56), and the force had to be applied at a 50-degree angle. Just clarifying stuff, even our References for Common Feats page states this.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bone-resilience-depends-o/

As for the other part, Antoniofer already clarified it.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Anway, I unlocked the profile so Keeweed can perform the edits.
I feel like a staff member should do the edits. They're not hard but I don't want to make a mistake you or another admin could easily avoid.

Ah, I suppose the rating is the only thing that needed changing. I have taken care of it then.

Thank you, but you should also remove the train and g-force stuff from the durability (which is why I was nervous to edit the profile), because that stuff is now pretty meaningless. Other than that this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back