• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Complexity of the Yu-Gi-Oh! multiverse and the "everything is linked" theory

Hello everyone. I'll try to bring proof the Yu-Gi-Oh! multiverse might be more complex than what we think. In the first generation (with Yugi), Yugi, Kaiba and Joey visited a dimension that was attacked by the great Leviathan, they obtained their legendary dragons by visiting that dimension (season 4).

During Yu-Gi-Oh! gx (the 2nd generation with Judai), our heroes visited several alternate dimensions/universes. Despite the fact we do not know all of them, we learn there are 12 of them (during season 3). During season 4 (never broadcasted outside Japan), we even learn something else ... I'll talk about later.

During Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (the 3rd generaiton with Yusei), Ruka (aka Luna in the dubbed version) visited another dimension (protected by ancient fairy dragon) during several years while she was in coma. It is also later revealed Jose, Placido, Lucciano, Antinomy, Paradox and Z-one time traveled and changed history (which means there are several alternate timelines since they traveled in time more than once).

During Yu-Gi-Oh zexal (the 4th generation with Yuma), it is revealed there are more worlds, (the astral world and the barian world) in addition to the human world. Number 100 is also the one who created everything via the numeron code (a card). Also Astral used the numeron code to modify reality (possibly creating another universe in the process. One where the seven barian emperors are still dead and one where Astral brought them back to life).

During Yu-Gi-Oh arc-V (the 5th generation with Yuya) there are alternate universes of Judai's universe, Yusei's universe and Yuma's universe (except the main protagonists of each previous generation are not in those alternate universes). In addition, there's also Yuya's universe.

Basically we know the numeron code created by number 100 created everything. And we know it is a card. The "everything is linked" theory is based on Darkness' (aka Nightshroud in the dubbed version. He is the final antagonist of season 4 of gx) words. He basically said he saw the universe was created from a card which strangely reminds the way the multiverse was created in Yu-Gi-Oh zexal.

Here there are screenshots: http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gtogb0itmsvk1tdijod0mvkvpnq64ufl

Where Darkness explain he saw the universe was created from a card (considering the story is close to what zexal said, it is possible he is refering to the numeron code). during season 4 of Yu-Gi-Oh gx, Darkness who's the final antagonist, emprisonned the souls of nearly everyone on earth in his world, he most likely did the same with most of duel monsters because we can see a screenshot where the world of darkness is said to exist in between dimensions (which means it's extremely big). The castle we can see on the first pic exists in one of the dimensions, it's a representation of what's happening in other dimensions (Honest is explaining this to Judai).

The world of Darkness is NOT part of the twelve dimensions. It's a world that exists between them. Darkness also states he IS the world of darkness itself (the figure in front of Judai is just a physical form he decided to use).

Also, here's an article about falsification of history made by time travelers in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Falsification_of_history

This is only for known changes. Jose explained Yliaster (name of the organization they control) used that many times throughout the centuries (this created many alternate timelines in the process) in order to "correct" errors made by humans.

All that means the Yu-Gi-Oh! multiverse is more complex than what we thought (it has many alternates worlds, dimensions, universes, timelines etc ...).

Also, I would like to know what you think of Darkness himself: he showed some really strong hax, and even his army of Trueman (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Truema) has incredible powers.

Darkness himself is said to be "eternal and omnipresent since he is born from the darkness of human hearts, and therefore cannot be permanently defeated altough he can be fended off". Here: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Nightshroud

At the end of "abilities".

Also the "trivia" section recapitulates the "all is linked" theory.

Sorry if ideas are not very well organized. I'd like to hear what you think of all that.

It's still disconnected though. We know GX takes place after DM and Jaden even meets Yugi. In 5ds Yusei references the Egyptian God Cards thus Connecting it with the other 2 amoung other things like Kaiba Corp. I could understand if Zexal took place in the XYZ's Dimension or Alternate Timeline, But Arc V completely wrecks that notion.

So in a sense, YGO (DM/GX/5D's) are Original Anime Canon. Zexal is a standalone and Arc V is a reboot.

Akiretsu said:
It's still disconnected though. We know GX takes place after DM and Jaden even meets Yugi. In 5ds Yusei references the Egyptian God Cards thus Connecting it with the other 2 amoung other things like Kaiba Corp. I could understand if Zexal took place in the XYZ's Dimension or Alternate Timeline, But Arc V completely wrecks that notion.
So in a sense, YGO (DM/GX/5D's) are Original Anime Canon. Zexal is a standalone and Arc V is a reboot.
I wouldn't say Arc V is a reboot. It talks about alternate universes where main heroes (Yugi, Judai, Yusei and Yuma) do not exist.

Jeune fou said:
Akiretsu said:
I wouldn't say Arc V is a reboot. It talks about alternate universes where main heroes (Yugi, Judai, Yusei and Yuma) do not exist.
You see, the problem with that is that The Standard Dimension is supposedly the center of the Multi-Verse. The Standard Dimension got it's extra-deck from the other Dimensions. Now, We know the Original DM universe doesn't take place in any of these thus DM/GX/5d's/Zexal (I'll include it for now) takes place in a nother universe but now this makes Leo seem rather silly. He wants to unite the 4 Dimensions but they are already united in Yugi's World. Why not just Take over that world? I mean his only challenge would be Yuma and Co.

I don't know...I'm just gonna drop it.

When he says he wants to unite them, I think he means he wants to destroy barriers that separate each dimension to make each of them accessible to anyone without using any machine/teleportaiton device.

That's what i think. I think Leo's goal (officially, but that certainly hides something) is simply to make sure everyone is gathered in the same dimension.

For an unknown reason each alternate universe is separate from others in arc V while they were already united with DM, GX and 5D's like you said.

Such is the rule in arc V and I know it's a bit confusing, but since they're alternate universes, I'd say it's not that surprising to see rules are different and universes that should normally be united are separate here.

Maybe they were united before and Yuzu, Yuya and all of their dimensional counterparts are "keys" to unite them again (which explains why they have the same face. It's probably because they symbolize the fact dimensions wereu nited before. Of course it's just a theory for the moment and we'll certainly learn more about it soon).

Kevyn Souza said:
Well... Idk about this...
we both learn something today then! I didn't know mammoth mogul had more powers than what was originaly on his profile.

I'm not going to bother with Yu-Gi-Oh's multiverse, because of the fact that it's so messed up, even other series can't define it right.

Stop bumping threads so frequently. It is obnoxious, and if they are too incoherently presented to get anybody interested in replying, this will not magically change that fact.

Antvasima said:
Stop bumping threads so frequently. It is obnoxious, and if they are too incoherently presented to get anybody interested in replying, this will not magically change that fact.
Yup sorry about that presentation. That's still just a theory. As you said I didn't bother trying to do a better visual presentation because since it's a theory, there's no concrete proof of it. So at first I just wanted people to talk about it (that's why it's a simple "general discussion" and not a "content revision thread").

Not to mention I also wanted to talk about Darkess' power, so yeah that's definitely a "catch-all" thread that is not well organized.

If that was a content revision thread I of course would have done a lot more efforts.

Well, it depends on what series your trying to define on. Because, from my understanding, it's really inconsistent, from GX to Arc-V.

Lance Tennant said:
Well, it depends on what series your trying to define on. Because, from my understanding, it's really inconsistent, from GX to Arc-V.
Same dimensions/worlds/universes/timelines etc ... are not involved from a geneneration to another (most likely due to the fact the plot needs new antagonists/beings/powers each time).

but generations are likely linked between them due to the fact DM, GX and 5D's (at least) are 100% confirmed to be linked.

Zexal and arc V are linked to the 3 previous gens because:

- The way Darkness talked about how the universe was created really reminds how the numeron code who created everything was created by number 100.

- Despite the fact zexal has no direct reference to ancient characters (like 5D's had with Pegasus for example) or to Kaibacorp for example, there are references to "famous duel cards of previous era" in Rokujuro's duel sanctuary (I was looking for proof zexal is linked to previous gens and while watching first episodes I remembered of the duel sanctuary):

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Duel_Sanctuary

Zexal is more advanced in the future than 5D's, so that explains why there are no references to characters from previous generations. But Rokujuro's duel sanctuary is clearly refering to monsters from DM (dark magician, dark magician girl, blue eyes white dragon, red eyes black dragon, jinzo and flame swordman) and GX (Cyber dragon, Super vehicroid - stealth union, elemental hero neos).

Blue eyes white dragon only belongs to Kaiba, and elemental hero Neos belongs only to Judai (and absolutely nobody else has Neos because Judai is the one who created this card), not to mention it's stated in yu gi oh gx (ep 42) the dark magician girl only exists in Yugi's deck and no one else has that card. Since Rokujuro knew about those unique monsters, that means DM, GX, 5D's, and zexal are all linked.

Arc V is linked to the 4 previous generations as well wince the fusion dimension, synchro dimension and XYZ dimension are simply alternate universes where Yugi, Judai, Yusei and Yuma never existed (but there are alternate versions of characters from other generations such as Crow, Jack, Kaito, Asuka, Edo etc ...)

If everything is linked, that means the Yu-Gi-Oh multiverse is more complex than what we generally think and number 100 created several worlds, universes, alternate universes, timelines, dimensions etc ...

The preview of episode 126 of Yu-Gi-Oh arc V told us the 4 dimensions (alternate universes of Judai's universe, Yusei's universe and Yuma's universe without them + Yuya's universe) were united before and are separate now.

Of course, 3 of the 4 dimensions are not the "main" ones in which you can find Judai, Yusei and Yuma but are alternate universes.

So that "one world" where dimensions were united is itself a part of the Yu-Gi-Oh multiverse since it doesn't contain Judai's universe, Yusei's universe etc ...

You can see the preview of ep 126 that shows the 4 dimensions were united: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56idIkgnXZU

Back