• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Shadow should have resistance to disease manipulation for being the ultimate Lifeform, coupled with his resistance to biological manipulation and matter manipulation he should be able to stave off if not outright ignore Garou’s radiation.

I think Shadow should have resistance to disease manipulation for being the ultimate Lifeform, coupled with his resistance to biological manipulation and matter manipulation he should be able to stave off if not outright ignore Garou’s radiation.
Resistance to disease and matter manipulation may still not give him to ability to resist Garous radiation.

For one, radiation =/= disease.

For two, matter manipulation is a very broad ability, so if his resistance doesn't cover the affects of radiation, it doesn't really matter.

I've never seen someone wank Type 1 to this degree before and simultaneously get everything wrong about how cancer and radiation works.
I don't wank anything. That's what the wiki says about type 1 immortality, and unfortunately for you cancer is a natural cause of death and a natural disease
Cancer is not radiation, what are you on about bro? Radiation can cause cancer, but the affects of radiation on the body can't just be summed up as "it gives you cancer." Lmao.
I never said it is??? You got to be trolling if that's what you understood from what I said. What I said, is that cosmic radiation kills by destroying DNA and causing you to have cancer

Please read it carefully
It literally ionizes your atoms and molecules, damaging them and making them unstable. If severe enough this can instantly kill you, cancer is just one of the byproducts of radiation.
And you know what happens when the DNA is damaged and your molecules are unstable? That's right, cancer

Unless you can prove his radiation works in a completely different way than real radiation, all of the difference is that the intensity is different
Immortality Type 1 does not "straight up negate" cosmic radiation that ionizes atoms and kills people in seconds bro. It is absolutely not a "conventional illness"
Even regular cosmic radiation does that and it kills people by doing exactly that. The obly difference is the intensity. Death is still natural though
Hell, even poisons can kill people with Type 1.
How is that relevant to the conversation?

I don't wank anything. That's what the wiki says about type 1 immortality, and unfortunately for you cancer is a natural cause of death and a natural disease

I never said it is??? You got to be trolling if that's what you understood from what I said. What I said, is that cosmic radiation kills by destroying DNA and causing you to have cancer

Please read it carefully

And you know what happens when the DNA is damaged and your molecules are unstable? That's right, cancer

Unless you can prove his radiation works in a completely different way than real radiation, all of the difference is that the intensity is different

Even regular cosmic radiation does that and it kills people by doing exactly that. The obly difference is the intensity. Death is still natural though

radiation isn't cancer, it causes cancer, but it kills you regardless
this is a trash list of arguments that can all be dismissed just saying this alone

I've never seen someone wank Type 1 to this degree before and simultaneously get everything wrong about how cancer and radiation works.

Cancer is not radiation, what are you on about bro? Radiation can cause cancer, but the affects of radiation on the body can't just be summed up as "it gives you cancer." Lmao.

It literally ionizes your atoms and molecules, damaging them and making them unstable. If severe enough this can instantly kill you, cancer is just one of the byproducts of radiation.

Immortality Type 1 does not "straight up negate" cosmic radiation that ionizes atoms and kills people in seconds bro. It is absolutely not a "conventional illness"

Hell, even poisons can kill people with Type 1.
Shadow also has resistance to matter and antimatter manipulation from Diablon’s Particle Beam and Antimatter cannons.

radiation isn't cancer, it causes cancer, but it kills you regardless
I did NOT said it is caner. Are you even looking at what I said??? How could anyone come tp this conclusion omg

For the last time: RADIATION IS NOT CANCER. However, Radiation CAUSES Cancer by damaging the DNA in the body.

Read this carefully so I wouldn't need to explain again something that should be blatantly obvious, but I guess with a take like this nothing can be taken for granted

OK So i looked at Shadow's profile Garou's rad aint doing shit the fact that he resisted antimatter particles cannon making him immune to moleculer dmg coming from radiation.

I did NOT said it is caner. Are you even looking at what I said??? How could anyone come tp this conclusion omg

For the last time: RADIATION IS NOT CANCER. However, Radiation CAUSES Cancer by damaging the DNA in the body. Read this carefully so I wouldn't need to explain something that should be obvious, but I guess with a take like this nothing can be taken for granted
if radiation isn't cancer then why are you asserting that being immune to cancer is being immune to radiation

Please read it carefully

Radiation can not be summed up as just being "cancer." And that is literally what you're trying to say.

"He resist the radiation because it causes cancer which is a conventional disease."

If you think that ionization ONLY causes cancer you'd be horribly mistaken. Maybe go read up on radiation before making yourself look like an idiot.

You can die from radiation without dying from cancer. The fact that I have to say this is embarrassing.

It causes cells to die, damages brain function, burns the hell out of your skin, ***** up your cardiovascular system, scrambles DNA, shuts down mitosis, among many other things.

if radiation isn't cancer then why are you asserting that being immune to cancer is being immune to radiation
Because he's not directly immune to radiation, but rathet to the effects it has on the body, which is why it is even dangerous to begin with.

Without it, it's just light and sub-atomic particles

OK So i looked at Shadow's profile Garou's rad aint doing shit the fact that he resisted antimatter particles cannon making him immune to moleculer dmg coming from radiation.
If this is true I feel incredibly validated since that’s the first ever resistance I mentioned should be on a Sonic character’s page.

Radiation can not be summed up as just being "cancer." And that is literally what you're trying to say.

"He resist the radiation because it causes cancer which is a conventional disease."

If you think that ionization ONLY causes cancer you'd be horribly mistaken. Maybe go read up on radiation before making yourself look like an idiot.

You can die from radiation without dying from cancer. The fact that I have to say this is embarrassing.

It causes cells to die, damages brain function, burns the hell out of your skin, ***** up your cardiovascular system, scrambles DNA, shuts down mitosis, among many other things.
It doesn't matter anyways since all of the effects of cosmic radiation are natural diseases even if it's more than just cancer.

What you also described are things that damages the body and may lead up to cancer due to cells malfunctioning, but it could be other things as well that are still natural and thus Type 1 immortals would be immune to

It doesn't matter anyways since all of the effects of cosmic radiation are natural diseases even if it's more than just cancer.

What you also described are things that damages the body and may lead up to cancer due to cells malfunctioning, but it could be other things as well that are still natural and thus Type 1 immortals would be immune to
Yeah because everything that affects the body's biology is apparently just a disease to you.

Listen, bro, you're wrong, and you've debunked nothing. Your argument is literally that radiation can cause sickness and thus resistance to sickness = resistance to radiation.

yknow what actually I think Garou takes this regardless
once he copies and surpasses shadow's AP, shadow won't really be able to get past his regen using that time stop of his
and garou also skills stomps a shit ton here as well only making the gap further as he copies his fighting techniques more and more

Once again, it is one of the many things radiation causes. Not all affects of radiation are included in radiation sickness 🤨

Stop comparing something that's obviously far beyond conventional disease to conventional disease.

Speaking of, radiation poisoning isn't even a conventional disease anyways.

Alright, no, you're trolling right?

Dying from severe radiation is not a natural cause of death, holy shit.

Dude if I dropped a nuclear bomb in your city and you died because of the radiation it emitted, it is absolutely not a natural cause of death lmao.

In this case it's even weirder. That's like arguing being in space and dying from the radiation is a natural cause of death.

Wtf are you on about fr?

Delivery by artificial means =/= disease itself being unnatural.

You do realise radiation exists naturally in our world and dosages can depends on duration and concentration of radiation in environment??
The only difference between various environments is concentration, and what types of rays are emitted. Alpha, Beta or Gamma particules/rays compositions.

Delivery by artificial means =/= disease itself being unnatural.

You do realise radiation exists naturally in our world and dosages can depends on duration and concentration of radiation in environment??
The only difference between various environments is concentration, and what types of rays are emitted. Alpha, Beta or Gamma particules/rays compositions.
Extremely lethal Disease via Unnaturally severe Radiation is not a natural cause of death bro.

You're spouting nonsense that Type 1 absolutely does not cover.

At first I thought this was some shadow copium, but I’m not so sure now
and besides
this, isn't, my, copium

but mainly the fact that he resists particle being manipulated is what's probably the deciding factor here
although that being said, garou still will copy him and have the higher AP, as well as skill stomp. Though he wouldn't have portals since he got that after copying blast, which he only did some time AFTER he became cosmic
but he could still win through sheer AD

Extremely lethal Disease via Unnaturally severe Radiation is not a natural cause of death bro.

You're spouting nonsense that Type 1 absolutely does not cover.
Wtf dude?? Just because source of radiation isn't rooted in nature doesn't mean it suddenly becomes special..
Radiation is still radiation... unless it's some wackass astral- conceptual, corruption inducing 4D smurf hax from Slimeverse.

Wtf dude?? Just because source of radiation isn't rooted in nature doesn't mean it suddenly becomes special..
Radiation is still radiation... unless it's some wackass astral- conceptual, corruption inducing 4D smurf hax from Slimeverse.
Garou's radiation is not a natural cause of death and Type 1 Immortality does not give you resistance to it.

I can't believe this is an argument.

I mean, if Shadow is starting to get vastly overwhelmed, he can use Chaos control and I guess seal(idk how it works tho) After all, using a normal attack on someone that much stronger is pretty illogical.

Shadow can also make himself invulnerable when he thinks good or evil thoughts for a while, so that may help him against Garou for a while, and if he sees AP doesn't work, Shadow can BFR him and/or seal him away

Humour me... what's so ""unnatural"" about Garou's radiation??
Let me first ask you this: Do you know what a natural cause of death is?

From your responses, it sounds like you either don't know or are using a very different definition.

Let me first ask you this: Do you know what a natural cause of death is?

From your responses, it sounds like you either don't know or are using a very different definition.
Anything that doesn't involve death from aging or fatal disease or medical conditions.
Getting hit by car or bullets isn't natural cause of death for example.

Anything that doesn't involve death from aging or fatal disease or medical conditions.
Getting hit by car or bullets isn't natural cause of death for example.
Okay, then you're just not making any sense.

Garou's radiation is absolutely not a natural cause of death. It's literally space radiation multiplied by thousands upon thousands of times...

Just because radiation is natural and constantly around us doesn't mean that any extent of its affects is "natural" nor does Type 1 grant you resistance to all of its variations and severities.

You are quite literally just wrong here, bro. That's not how Type 1 works. Otherwise it would come with a plethora of resistances and would have a durability attached to it as well...

Radiation is natural. Diseases and other things caused by radiation are natural as well. The only difference is that it's not virus or bacteria related
You do realize dying from natural causes in the instance of Type 1 refers to the natural cause of death that is aging, correct? The thing that every human being succumbs to at some point?

Your arguing is purely semantical, from your point of view anything applied externally that could lead to death is "natural".

This is ridiculous, don't argue this again.

Type 1 immortality makes you immune to aging...not immune to getting blasted with a shitload of radiation...wtf is this thread lol

Garou's radiation is absolutely not a natural cause of death. It's literally space radiation multiplied by thousands upon thousands of times...
Dude.... space radiation isn't unnatural. Just because it's not on Earth doesn't mean is unnatural. Nature isn't some sole proprietary phenomenon owned by our planet.

Only difference is space radiation is that it is majorly made of cosmic rays which have higher frequency than gamma rays. There's electromagnetic ranges beyond radiowaves and gamma rays on either side of spectrum.
Thus they are high energy waves/particles.
Just because radiation is natural and constantly around us doesn't mean that any extent of its affects is "natural" nor does Type 1 grant you resistance to all of its variations and severities.
I am not claiming a NLF here, you are. Diseases and medical ailments causes by radiations accross various dosages of concentration doesn't make them special beyond how severe and fast acting the symptoms are. There's other factors which dictate how much and what type of radiations a human body can absorb and how it affects us, but those are specifics neither verses here care about. Best Garou has here is fast and severe diseases and medical conditions afflicting his victims.

And I never said Type 1 gives any resistance and stuff. Shadow already has that here without it. Diseases, matter, anti-matter resistance etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back