• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Comet King Mild Regen Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
The Comet King's page currently lists him at High-Mid regen for regenerating his flesh and clothes after he was reduced to a skeleton.

I think this fits better with Mid Regeneration. It involves severe brain damage, but he wasn't blown/cut to pieces, and he had more than a small piece of the body remaining.

fyi, if this revision gets rejected, Caelius West's regen null should be changed to actually match CK's regen.

I agree with the downgrade itself. Although, speaking of which, would it not make more sense for we to consider the feat itself to be Healing, instead of Regeneration? Given that the text makes it pretty clear Jala forcibly reconstructed his skin and organs using magic, and the fact that his clothes came back along with them point in this direction, too:

Then she loosed her power, and I was briefly knocked over as a wave of ineffable white light filled the room. It crashed into the Comet King, stripped away his clothes and skin and muscle, left him a skeleton. But he didn’t fall. Slowly, painfully, the muscle and skin and clothes regenerated themselves out of light and magic, and he kept coming. He raised his sword.

Hmm, yeah that's fair. So I guess Sigh would just have immortality type 2 negation, then?

Bump.

What has been accepted here can probably be applied.

Actually, if the feat's just healing, we could simply say that the Comet King decided not to heal himself. So Sigh wouldn't have regen null or immortality null.

EDIT: Talked on Discord about this, Ultima argued that CK as a skeleton lived without organs, so Sigh being able to kill him without destroying his organs + skeleton indicates that it was still immortality null. So I'll edit Caelius' profile to reflect this.

@Ant Could you open The Comet King's profile so I can apply what was accepted?[/S]

Last edited:
Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back