• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath (InFAMOUS) vs. Captain Marvel (Marvel Comics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very scan your showing is her absorbing heat in space to jumpstart.

Also, she's unconscious, not dead.

Schnee One said:
The very scan your showing is her absorbing heat in space to jumpstart.
Also, she's unconscious, not dead.
She's describing that "her body" is aborbing the heat in an automatic sense.

Her heart is stopped.

Heart Stopped=/=Dead

Clinically dead means your heart is stopped obviously, but you aren't actually dead until your brain waves are completely stopped.

This why people can still be revived after their heart stops by defibrillators, and in much more extreme cases quite literally restart on their own though this is obviously rare.

Captian Marvel absorbing heat and restarting after being only clinically dead doesn't mean she can literally ressurect herself after dying

Even then the very scan is her being KO'd, Cole can kill her in the process of her trying to restart in that case.

Technically your neural network being inactive doesn't constitute every part of your body being dead. If her body itself is alive, it should still be able to automatically absorb and restart itself like she does in the scan.

Kill her through what? Electricity that would speed up the process?

I mean I've already mentioned that Carol is the superior combatant with her numerous years of martial arts training and combat. It's just that Cole has a pretty potent healing factor (even incomplete Conduits can regrow limbs without draining energy and Cole himself has regenerated from gunshot wounds and internal damage) and an AP advantage that helps deal with this. He also has numerous methods of keeping her at bay via shockwaves and Spiker spawning. Not sure how pressure points will effect someone with a healing factor as potent as Cole's.

His drain pretty quick, and it's hard to fight through cause the energy needed to help your body function is being ripped out of you.

I'm not saying Cole isn't winning @PTSOXMONKEY, just that Marvel isn't dead weight the moment she steps within range of Cole's neural drain range due to Cru and her own powers.

Dargoo Faust said:
Technically your neural network being inactive doesn't constitute every part of your body being dead. If her body itself is alive, it should still be able to automatically absorb and restart itself like she does in the scan.

Kill her through what? Electricity that would speed up the process?
Feats of her body literally restarting an inactive brain and I will buy that

No, by physically killing her, he is stronger then her after all and not literally all of his attacks are electricity

Schnee One said:
Feats of her body literally restarting an inactive brain and I will buy that

No, by physically killing her, he is stronger then her after all and not literally all of his attacks are electricity
Being capable of repairing damage on the genetic level and absorbing/releasing electricity, and recognizing neural electricity as an energy source all seem to confirm that she can do that in this case; especially if the process isn't instantaneous.

That early in the battle Cole isn't aware of her absorption and wouldn't have any reason to physically fight her as opposed to firing electricity at a range.

She can do it if she is alive, literally ressurecting her body needs to be on her profile.

Considering this battle is taking place at SBA range and both are going to range Spam eachother and Cap is going to absorb some of his attacks he will see her absorb it and he will tell that shooting electricity at someone who absorbs electricity isn't that good of an idea.

There's multiple other points in Cole's favor beyond Ionic Drain anyway

At worst it will KO and Cole can wail on her

@C2 That's what happens when you have an unlikeable character

Legit the best interpretation of Carol was in Future Avengers, I argue the only good one.

I guess I'll just start counting votes.

Cole - 6 (Schnee, PTSOXMONKEY, Ciruno, Wright, Jason, Stefano)

The Wright Way said:
I'd say Cole for DCEU, but knowing my luck, they'd mess it up somehow.
Honestly Cole would fit in better with the Marvel universe due to him basically being a mutant and having dealt with issues similar to what the X-Men deal with on a weekly basis.

There's also the fact that he's dealt with the hero who's hated by the community shtick, lonely hero shtick, etc, etc. He'd probably be best friends with Spider-Man due to their history of being shit on by life.

"My future self killed my girlfriend."

"All my character development got retconned by Satan."

"...That's rough buddy."

More seriously, I wonder if either him or Delsin would try and join the X-men.

(wait and) add the results after grace period ends before starting a new thread.

As a conclusive verdict has been achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back