• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"I'll try to do something but I'd feel more confident if you two were at least a mile away if this thing exploded."
"I may not fully trust you, but I can't just let you tackle this alone. Besides, your boyfriend would yack my ear off if I let you get incinerated by a nuclear bomb. You keep digging that hole, and if the thing explodes, I'll launch you back up to the surface as fast as I can. I should be fine with this much ground between me and the blast, but I don't feel confident in your chances of surviving something like that point blank."

"Thank goodness, anyway let's see I can either go to the nuclear power plant that is acting real weird or the town. I am going to be boring for once." Damian says flying towards the town.

"I may not fully trust you, but I can't just let you tackle this alone. Besides, your boyfriend would yack my ear off if I let you get incinerated by a nuclear bomb. You keep digging that hole, and if the thing explodes, I'll launch you back up to the surface as fast as I can. I should be fine with this much ground between me and the blast, but I don't feel confident in your chances of surviving something like that point blank."
"Not that this could really harm me cuz not is being infused with Contraband", she thought before something struck her mind.

"I have an idea, we could probably buy us time if we freeze this, as I remember someone taught me that by freezing it we could reduce the fusion and prevent it from exploding, this is because If the reaction temperature is too low, the reaction will be slower, and unreacted material may accumulate in the reactor" Noah said, it was useful that she had killed to various teachers in the past

"Not that this could really harm me cuz not is being infused with Contraband", she thought before something struck her mind.

"I have an idea, we could probably buy us time if we freeze this, as I remember someone taught me that by freezing it we could reduce the fusion and prevent it from exploding, this is because If the reaction temperature is too low, the reaction will be slower, and unreacted material may accumulate in the reactor" Noah said, it was useful that she had killed to various teachers in the past
("Someone taught me"

Hey! This could be a callback to the training arc!)

"Can you freeze it..?"

"Good, let's do this now" Noah told them as she got close and open a hole to the core so they could freeze it with the help of Jack's contraband and Sofia's Packets
"Alright." She tossed over a few ice dispensers
This wasn't the wisest of choices. Simply prying the core open without careful consideration of it causing a nuclear meltdown. The overheating caused by the tampering of the core Sofia did kickstart it back, but the action of Noah opening a hole inside made it worse.

In an instant, the radiation leaked out from the core, causing much more severity in radiation poisoning than before.

This wasn't the wisest of choices. Simply prying the core open without careful consideration of it causing a nuclear meltdown. The overheating caused by the tampering of the core Sofia did kickstart it back, but the action of Noah opening a hole inside made it worse.

In an instant, the radiation leaked out from the core, causing much more severity in radiation poisoning than before.
"For **** sake!" She pulled up all the oil that had seeped underground and pushed all the dirt that had been shoveled back into the ground to keep as much radiation in the ground as possible while stepping back

(Wait, from what I read, you describe it as if she made the hole to the Core instead of the ground where it is, other than that it wasn't a massive hole, just enough for the packets to just go through

It wasn't a no careful thing either considering Noah already has knowledge of nuclear energy

In addition to the fact that the soil almost does not mitigate radiation if it is not a specific soil for this

"How far does radiation penetrate the ground? Most radiation frequencies are blocked by the ground, either within millimeters or inches. Ground penetrating radar can penetrate soil between 3 feet (1 meter) to 100 feet (30 meters). Dry, sandy soil or granite will allow the maximum radiation through"

so come to think of it, if the ground had been normal, then Sofia and Jack would be suffering from the effects of radiation from before Noah proposed this, although it wouldn't kill him, but would suffer from things like lost of hair, diarrhea, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and skin burns

So the ground can either absorb nearly all radiation or it can't and they already have the effects BEFORE Noah proposed opening a hole, so the hole shouldn't even have made the Reactor go Critical)

(okey, i will tried to save this thing)
Noah in one last attempt, she concentrated everything, she reached her hand towards the core, using his phasing ability to bypasses through the soil and giving a part of herself in a black mass that enveloped the entire core, she had to adjust the tiniest particle of that part of her, making it act as a Control rod and at the same time turning it into an indestructible cloak for everything that is not contraband, her cloak disappeared due being transform into a container to prevent radiation from leaking out.

Noah did, she had wrapped every last fiber throughout the Core, so it didn't matter if it exploded or not, it was contained.

"I think so" she said with great weariness in her voice.

(okey, i will tried to save this thing)
Noah in one last attempt, she concentrated everything, she reached her hand towards the core, using his phasing ability to bypasses through the soil and giving a part of herself in a black mass that enveloped the entire core, she had to adjust the tiniest particle of that part of her, making it act as a Control rod and at the same time turning it into an indestructible cloak for everything that is not contraband, her cloak disappeared due being transform into a container to prevent radiation from leaking out.
It worked, although not without significant repercussions.

Soon, the view of a plane came to be as Dene noticed Noah getting hurt.

"Tch! Hey! You still hanging there?!"

Suddenly, the attack from the Hunt caused the plane to seemingly shake and wobble, disorienting Dene, and hit control over the vehicle, grazing its wings into one of the desert mountains.
(First off, Dene isn't afflicted. Two, the UoH does not attack the environment, only the afflicted. And three, Rizzuto already killed all the UoH in the plane)

Noah walked up to Dene, her steps were slightly rough due to the extreme exhaustion of herself for move that thing(the core) and slapped him, not too hard, slightly moved his head in fact.

"Next time, go give us a hand when someone tries to contact you" Noah replied.

"Literally ten minutes after I called you I couldn't and almost this became it would be filled with even more Radiation killing every life form within possibly miles" She said before changing her face to a more smiling one, and gave him a kiss on the same cheek.

Noah walked up to Dene, her steps were slightly rough due to the extreme exhaustion of herself for move that thing(the core) and slapped him, not too hard, slightly moved his head in fact.

"Next time, go give us a hand when someone tries to contact you" Noah replied.
"I'm literally driving this thing around with two arms. I don't think I have the capacity to develop another...." he sarcastically remarked.
"Literally ten minutes after I called you I couldn't and almost this became it would be filled with even more Radiation killing every life form within possibly miles" She said before changing her face to a more smiling one, and gave him a kiss on the same cheek.
"Then why are you holding that right in front of me like you laid some ******* eggs?! We're gonna die faster that way!" he exclaimed, facepalming himself as he ignored the kiss and focused more on the task at hand.

"Because it's contained in a reinforced shell made of Waterboarder mass, it hurt me to make the Shell but it won't leak radiation unless someone punches a hole in it," she said as she pointed to the core which was about 3 meters from them

"Either way, you'll have to move it on your own now, that's why the kiss was to give you motivation, I'm exhausted from moving a ton for miles"

Back