• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Go on, make a wish!"

Dene breathed heavily, thoughts and memories going rampant in his mind on what he should wish... But given her girlfriend, or rather, her lover is here... he wanted something not just for himself.

Thus, he blew the candle.

Eqowir and the others clapped as they plate the cake into multiple pieces.
Noah smiled as she looked at Dene, he(Dene) liked this, that's why she was here.

She took a piece of cake and ate with her boyfriend.

"This is So Gooood" She said after eat a bit of Cake

Noah smiled as she looked at Dene, he(Dene) liked this, that's why she was here.

She took a piece of cake and ate with her boyfriend.

"This is So Gooood" She said after eat a bit of Cake
"That'sss what she said..." he muttered, eating the cake.

Rizzuto was curious what he meant by that and asked, "How so I mean it can't be that hard?"
"Hmhm, that would be an interesting challenge."

Soon, Eqowir arrived with the order as she brings it at Rizzuto's and Caleb's table.

"For our handsome mister, your requested Tagliatelle al Ragù alla Bolognese..." she said, plating it slowly.

"And for our dazzling Caleb, here's your surprise....

White Truffle Gold Pizza and Fleur Burger... along with some Caviar"

She then brought the a bottle of wine as she carefully placed two wine glass.

"Of course, we won't forget about the wine... Perfectly fermented..." she said, pouring it down.

The two couples were having a great time. But as the old saying goes, where there is happiness, there is struggle going somewhere else.

As Efrain leaves, he goes to see her progress on she's doing. Arriving there, he saw....
"Ghah!"

In an instant, Paige was slammed against the wall due to the knockback.

She wasn't able to even do a single thing, let alone contribute to the attack in Agitprop. Consumed by her guilt of not being able to do a thing, now just relying on her comrades for protection while she remain incompetent and pathetic.

The words that Adom spoke...

"You sure didn't get his competence!"

They remain forever engraved into her memory. But it won't stop her, not now, now tomorrow, not ever.

This was her moment to prove everyone else was wrong about her, and ever since meeting her lover, she wants to prove that she can be independent, trustable and reliable, and can join the fights with Soma that she never could.

"Why is it that made Paige so weak... That's what you asked, right Adom? Well that's because of her potential. Out of almost everyone in Henosis, with the exception of those two, her usage of the Contraband is very exceptional in that, even with its ability appearing to be seemingly lackluster in combat or practicality, it is her creative mind that allowed it to proper and grow....

However...

It is that same mindset that stunted her own growth, the lack of understanding.

Unlike Efrain and Soma who conceptualize the use of Contraband, Paige merely relied on the use of her own body. A weakness that can exploited given the right circumstances."

Paige paused in thought, looking at how the Waterboarder attacks. She charged in one more time, only to be met with a block by the monster's appendages, wrapping the belts as it delivers a strike, launching her back to the wall of shame.

"You charge in head-first, not expecting a counterattack." Efrian exclaimed from atop, watching her fight.

"B- but I was able to consider the probability of it countering my blow..." Paige complained.

"Still, it doesn't matter about the calculation of probability. It matters most in the execution of the act..."

So Paige began to think again, as she analyzed her capabilities. Given both she and Efrain know that her advantage rely on close range, the opponent would do anything to keep her away.

Paige began to charge at the Waterboarder, to which it blocks and goes for a stabbing attack, injuring her seriously as she's pierced through her torso. Blood spruted out as she tried pushing the wound out her body, attempting to attack it with a flurry of punches.

However, the Waterboarder was quick on the act as it grapples her to the ground and attempts to finish her off. Paige dodges by turning her body into thin belts, small enough to slip outside of its grip, slicing its appendages by speeding through them.

Understanding. It is a concept that allows one to realize their true potential and become a better person. This is a practice performed by everyone, even if they don't realize it. Simply accepting and moving on can be a solution to that problem.

As Efrain observes Paige healing herself, it appears that her arm has been amputated, assuming that she's unable to perceive how fast the Waterboarder attacked, but an attack she managed to avoid.

But as she was gathering her bearings, the Waterboarder didn't hesistate and attacked her. As its body contorted into sharp objects and attempt to initiate the killing blow, the Waterboarder... seemingly stopped.

The creature, as if met by some unknown force, stopped in its tracks almost instantly as it slowly inches closer to her face.

"Three times... This is the third time you've attacked me. And I've learned a lot during those times you've striked me. I'm not sure if you've intended to do so, but you've helped me understand my Contraband..."

"But I tore off your arm..." the Waterboarder was confused.

"Tore off? That's incorrect... I intentionally let go of my arm... I'd to give you a little advice. You should probably use your appendages to defend yourself instead of attacking me," she said, pointing a finger to the Waterboarder's appendage.

The creature disobeyed as it attacked Paige. However, the arm that was cut off turned into belt sword, which tore its way through the Waterboarder.

"As you can see, it turned into a sword!"

The Waterboarder screeches in pain as it tries getting up.

"There's a large hole that goes all the way at the back... And yet it's still alive..."

The monster retaliates by attacking Paige once more, but she turned the nearby car parts into belts and fuses it into her arms to regenerate, and blocks the appendage.

"A direct hit..."

The Waterboarder wraps the fist and tried attacking her again.

"I told you already, it's useless."

However, the Waterboarder's body limped over and fell down.

"Look again. The hand that Balteus fused into me wasn't my own. It's the car. I turned the car into belts and had it fused to me as a hand."

The arm was never meant to stay attached to Paige, as she created it out of the entirety of the nearby car parts for the sole purpose of letting the Waterboarder attack it, creating a successful trap.

"And now I reverted the belts back into the car and have you take it into your body..."

Suddenly, the car that was previously turned into belts came out of the Waterboarder's body, rendering it immobilized.

"And don't think about escaping. There are gasoline and batteries inside a car. Given they're imbued with Contraband energy, I'm pretty sure I can cause a big explosion to keep you getting away."

In an instant, the explosion covered the area, engulfing the surroundings as Paige stared in disappointment.

"Looks like everything you did was useless..."

Paige recovered her lost arm and reattached it, preparing to deliver the final blow.

"This is the end...."

"That'sss what she said..." he muttered, eating the cake.

Soon, Eqowir arrived with the order as she brings it at Rizzuto's and Caleb's table.

"For our handsome mister, your requested Tagliatelle al Ragù alla Bolognese..." she said, plating it slowly.

"Of course, we won't forget about the wine... Perfectly fermented..." she said, pouring it down.

The two couples were having a great time. But as the old saying goes, where there is happiness, there is struggle going somewhere else.
"Thank you miss Eqowir looks delicious." said Rizzuto.
"Maybe, though I can't say alive dressed up anyone else before. We'd have to go out and look for clothes."
"Maybe we can do that when were done eating." Rizzuto said.

"Oh, looks great! Nice work chef."

"I mean, what do you think of her when looking at her general appearance? Like, speaking of first impressions..."
"I think she is a demanding and rude woman, although she is only like that in combat and can be nice when you know her well" Noah said

"And tell me what you thought of me the first time we met?" Noah ask him

"And tell me what you thought of me the first time we met?" Noah ask him
"Well, I think you were cool and, uhh kinda hot... Not too different from the chicks that tried to kill me whenever I go out looking for a girlfriend..." he said shrugging.
"I think she is a demanding and rude woman, although she is only like that in combat and can be nice when you know her well" Noah said
"I did hear her conversation with Caleb a little... She's actually kinda a mother you'd see in those movies... But that rude part? I'm guessing she's just blunt to be frank..."
(I just realized. I'm pretty sure Paige doesn't know that Noah is a waterboarder. This can nicely segue to the Noah racism arc)
(She doesn't, but given Soma trusts Noah, she'd probably trust her)

"I did hear her conversation with Caleb a little... She's actually kinda a mother you'd see in those movies... But that rude part? I'm guessing she's just blunt to be frank..."
"Yeah, likely you're right about that"
"Well, I think you were cool and, uhh kinda hot... Not too different from the chicks that tried to kill me whenever I go out looking for a girlfriend..." he said shrugging
"hahahaha" Noah chuckled at that.

"Oh Dene, that's probably why the only girl who didn't want to kill you was 'different' enough from the others" she said.

"And what do you think of my other appearance?"

"Oh Dene, that's probably why the only girl who didn't want to kill you was 'different' enough from the others" she said.
"You son of a- hahahahaha..."

"And what do you think of my other appearance?"
"Whooo boi... It's still feels like a pill so hard to swallow...." he muttered.

"You look... even more hot, if that makes you a little better..."

Back