• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

As they look further into his memories, flashes of people dying are shown. They weren't filled with violence or anger, they were just filled with...

regret.

Regret that he couldn't do a single thing, regret that he's powerless, regret that he may not have served his purpose well. As they look further, horrific scenes of death and destruction were present, as if all the world's hatred has piled up next to him, from birth to his senior years.
Unfortunately, that wasn't even the worst. As they reach the last images, the worst of them all shows itself. An image of his own failure, his own living corpse imagined by his very hubris.

He was supposed to die, everyone said so, and he certainly didn't act like a strong man in a weakened body, but there was only one thought he felt. He didn't want to die.

...it was the only thing he could feel when he was confronted with his death.

He was beyond useless and no longer necessary. He was done.

One particular scene was far bigger than the others, and upon looking...

It was morning. The sun shone upon the broken and battered rainforest that was once an oasis, now all torn apart by men turning up arms: guns firing, bullets flying, erecting holes in every tree, house, and... people.

There were piles innumerate of dead humans, corpses littered here and there as the smell of rust, flesh, and blood unfurl throughout the battlefield.

Was the reasoning just pure hatred? The need for resources? All of it that is simply resolved by understanding- resolved by people nodding their heads in unity- all of it gone and defenestrated, burnt into the ground as the blood of loathing and jealousy flood the ever-growing ocean of aversion.

In the thick of it, a man was walking amongst the bodies of his dead comrades, cradling a woman in his arms. He looked at her with sorrow as he desperately calls for help.
He can't reach out to her.

He falls to the ground and cries, barely able to bear his sobs.

The woman can't even offer a look of comfort as she lies in the embrace of her fellow man.

He cries, his soul begins to break... and then... he falls into an all-encompassing state of depression and despair, ceasing all movement until the great fall of time takes him.

The woman opens her eyes, shocked by what she has witnessed. The man's body remained motionless as he lay on the ground, eyes closed, in despair.

"I- it's alright...."

"..."

He said nothing., he knows that she would die. He knows it's quite pointless to struggle, useless to even argue about the likelihood of some... deity bringing her back to life. All he could do is listen.

"Y- you p-promised, right Efrain?

T-that you won't die....

I can't bear the look of my husband being empty-shelled as I pass away..."

In her last efforts, she reached out to him and held on, as her body slowly loses its consciousness.

"...A- at least smile for me, for our children, Efrain...

At least live for me...."

Those words rang like bells as he forced a smile, but instead turned into a grin. A grin of a man trying to make the world a little better, a man simply wanting to protect his family, his lover...

"Eliza..."

He tried to speak more, but his tears did more of the talking. He tried to move and fight his sadness, but it was all too much to bear...

It didn't matter anymore, be it the combined sadness of the most horrific things that he experienced since childhood, the torture, the abuse, or anything that happened to him in the past, it was all but a figment of what he was feeling...

Nothing...

There was nothing in his heart that could fill it up, all except the rain pouring down the corpse of his children and wife...
The angel without saying anything pulled Efrain into a hug.

"My child... I'm.. so sorry you had to go through so much. But from now on, you have me to overlook you. I won't let anyone hurt you anymore..."

The angel without saying anything pulled Efrain into a hug.

"My child... I'm.. so sorry you had to go through so much. But from now on, you have me to overlook you. I won't let anyone hurt you anymore..."
He didn't hug the angel as he stood there, motionless.
"So you have seen my memories, things about my past?"

"Why did you cling on to me? Is it because of what you saw?"

Efrain tried to make the Angel let go, but not forcefully.
"Indeed it is. It wasn't a favorable sight, child.."
They slowly loosened their grip before letting go of Efrain

"Ok just follow me then I know a great place." said Rizzuto as he started walking to the restaurant Noah and Dene want to on their date.
"Alright. I hope you do."

"Indeed it is. It wasn't a favorable sight, child.."
They slowly loosened their grip before letting go of Efrain
"Is that enough proof for you to tell me about what I seek?"

Efrain was... confused. Having someone pry into his past... That wretched thing he calls it, a chronicle he didn't want himself to tell, and a tale he wish not mention to anyone.

"Is that enough proof for you to tell me about what I seek?"

Efrain was... confused. Having someone pry into his past... That wretched thing he calls it, a chronicle he didn't want himself to tell, and a tale he wish not mention to anyone.
"Yes, Yes I shall. The place you speak of is where my brilliance is displayed in full. The Nexus."

"Trust me It'll be perfect probably." said Rizzuto as they arrived at the restaurant.
(Backbackback you know what to do)
(Do what? Oh Eqowir! Okay got it!)
"What ye two doin 'round 'ere!?"
Eqowir said, greeting them.
"Yes, Yes I shall. The place you speak of is where my brilliance is displayed in full. The Nexus."
Efrain listened in to what the Angel has to say.

"Hello, miss Eqowir were on a date, and I was hoping we could dine here." said Rizzuto.
"Oh! I see, I see... We've got a special seat for people who want to date! And you've come in just in time. Now, follow me!"

Eqowir walked upstairs as she signals her employees to make a wonder presentation.

In a matter of moments, waiters and waitresses reveal the two special seats, adorned with beautiful yet minimalistic design.

"Now don't be shy and take a seat here! It's comfy and nice, best of both worlds!"

"A world beyond this one... So him saying about salvation and transcendence wasn't a joke..." he muttered.

"Tell me more about it..."
"I shall tell thou only a little more. Though past that, I will not be able to over thou further free information. Tis a world that far transcends reality, encompassing all concepts that make up "reality". In a plane thou couldn't begin to fathom. You may know more, but I won't be able to tell you."

"Oh! I see, I see... We've got a special seat for people who want to date! And you've come in just in time. Now, follow me!"

Eqowir walked upstairs as she signals her employees to make a wonder presentation.

In a matter of moments, waiters and waitresses reveal the two special seats, adorned with beautiful yet minimalistic design.

"Now don't be shy and take a seat here! It's comfy and nice, best of both worlds!"
"Thanks, you have my gratitude." said Rizzuto as he seated himself.

"Thanks, you have my gratitude." said Rizzuto as he seated himself.
"Thank you." They slowly seat themself.
"What'll be your order, sir and.... miss... ter?"
"I shall tell thou only a little more. Though past that, I will not be able to over thou further free information. Tis a world that far transcends reality, encompassing all concepts that make up "reality". In a plane thou couldn't begin to fathom. You may know more, but I won't be able to tell you."
Those words rang bells of the past to when he was with Nuntius. Words that carried a lot of nonsense back then, but had impacted him ever since hearing the same phrases.

"Reality"

"Concepts"

"All-Encompassing"

"Transcendence"

Cycles. Things that are always repeating. Again and again, and again... and then again, it was a constant loop. Sometimes such things bring out the best... and the worse inside a person.

Maybe it could make one slowly realize the pointlessness of their previous actions, how doing the same thing didn't contribute as much as it simply stagnated everything.

And he was one of those people.

"You have to understand Efrain! This is not just for her anymore! This is for humanity, for Earth, and for us!" a young Nuntius exclaimed, levitating in front of Efrain. Like the messenger of God, an angel presenting its form to an innocent soul, understanding not a single thing about His Teachings.

"Nuntius, this is for your own good. Ever since she died, you've... you've lost your mind... You're not you anymo-"

"I have always been myself, Efrain. This is who I truly am... Ever since I have laid my eyes upon "those things", I've never thought that there would ever be someone to save us... No matter how many we kill, no matter how many we purge, it all remains the same... We've made no progress other than putting ourselves at an impasse we made! Shouldn't you be the first to witness that? Shouldn't the Strongest Contraband User see the pointlessness of stopping them?"

"No, please! Just let me expl-"

"There's no point in explaining Efrain! Nothing will stop me from The Calling I've received!

Ever since the start of this era, I've always thought if this was even a threat. To me, they weren't enemies nor people that we should befriend... but rather a test. A test that God placed upon us. A test for us to surpass! This is the only way we could ever overcome this test...

And I shall be the Messiah! The Second Coming of Christ! Even if costs my life, I shall uphold His Will!

As stated in the Bible

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
"

Those words rang bells of the past to when he was with Nuntius. Words that carried a lot of nonsense back then, but had impacted him ever since hearing the same phrases.

"Reality"

"Concepts"

"All-Encompassing"

"Transcendence"

Cycles. Things that are always repeating. Again and again, and again... and then again, it was a constant loop. Sometimes such things bring out the best... and the worse inside a person.

Maybe it could make one slowly realize the pointlessness of their previous actions, how doing the same thing didn't contribute as much as it simply stagnated everything.

And he was one of those people.

"You have to understand Efrain! This is not just for her anymore! This is for humanity, for Earth, and for us!" a young Nuntius exclaimed, levitating in front of Efrain. Like the messenger of God, an angel presenting its form to an innocent soul, understanding not a single thing about His Teachings.

"Nuntius, this is for your own good. Ever since she died, you've... you've lost your mind... You're not you anymo-"

"I have always been myself, Efrain. This is who I truly am... Ever since I have laid my eyes upon "those things", I've never thought that there would ever be someone to save us... No matter how many we kill, no matter how many we purge, it all remains the same... We've made no progress other than putting ourselves at an impasse we made! Shouldn't you be the first to witness that? Shouldn't the Strongest Contraband User see the pointlessness of stopping them?"

"No, please! Just let me expl-"

"There's no point in explaining Efrain! Nothing will stop me from The Calling I've received!

Ever since the start of this era, I've always thought if this was even a threat. To me, they weren't enemies nor people that we should befriend... but rather a test. A test that God placed upon us. A test for us to surpass! This is the only way we could ever overcome this test...

And I shall be the Messiah! The Second Coming of Christ! Even if costs my life, I shall uphold His Will!

As stated in the Bible

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
"
"Are thou alright, child?"

"I'm fine wouldn't want to spoil this moment by indulging to much in my negative habits." said Rizzuto.
"If you're scared about me judging, you don't gotta. If you wanna drink some though, just drink a little bit. It'll help you learn to drink in moderation. As for me, I'm a lightweight. So you may have to carry me home." They giggled a bit

"If you're scared about me judging, you don't gotta. If you wanna drink some though, just drink a little bit. It'll help you learn to drink in moderation. As for me, I'm a lightweight. So you may have to carry me home." They giggled a bit
"Are you sure I don't want to accidently drink too much and do something will both regret? Besides how am I supposed to carry you home if were both to drunk." said Rizzuto who blushed a bit at that last part.

"Are you sure I don't want to accidently drink too much and do something will both regret? Besides how am I supposed to carry you home if were both to drunk." said Rizzuto who blushed a bit at that last part.
"Well if you're lightweight you can refrain. If you're not, drinking a little shouldn't do anything, you'd just stop after the first glass. As hard as that may be for you."

"Well if you're lightweight you can refrain. If you're not, drinking a little shouldn't do anything, you'd just stop after the first glass. As hard as that may be for you."
Rizzuto sighed he knew Caleb was right, so he said, "Alright one glass just on hopefully it isn't too hard."
"I see, what drink would you like as an alternative?"
"Guess I am having wine Afterall miss." said Rizzuto.

Back