• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"I'll help her. I haven't gotten the opportunity to kill one of these bastards in a hot minute now. Besides, I wouldn't be a very good leader if I didn't contribute, would I?"
She put her hands in front of her, interlocking her fingers to pop her knuckles.
(This particular drongo)

("If this takes too long, I'm getting out of this seal to finish him off..." said Soma, "Really couldn't have fumbled more with my shit. Now having to watch these noobs make their way out...")

(Ahem: "I want to continue while Reaper is refusing to continue his own RP he actually likes doing due to being miserable".)

(Because the game became something that you don't enjoy being a part of anymore, you could have DW be defeated now. There is an attack that snowballed the whole arc at him and everyone else's adding fuel. After months of this arc, I doubt that the others would be against the end coming a few turns short.)

(Because the game became something that you don't enjoy being a part of anymore, you could have DW be defeated now. There is an attack that snowballed the whole arc at him and everyone else's adding fuel. After months of this arc, I doubt that the others would be against the end coming a few turns short.)
(Magic, mate, I'm too damn stubborn to leave something half-assed just because I don't like it. Talk to @BagelHorns if you want this shit to end, because they're the ones who sat there, decided that they wanted to get involved with the part that finishes first phase and makes us enter second(and final) phase, and then ghost it as soon as it starts.)

(Magic, mate, I'm too damn stubborn to leave something half-assed just because I don't like it. Talk to @BagelHorns if you want this shit to end, because they're the ones who sat there, decided that they wanted to get involved with the part that finishes first phase and makes us enter second(and final) phase, and then ghost it as soon as it starts.)
(Sorry guys)
Palaria was trying her best to be stealthy, but it wasn't entirely smooth sailing with the volcano being a hellscape of it's own with perils such as lava, minor landslides, and rolling boulders to get past, and as such, the skinny and malnourished woman was struggling with the terrain
Valentina staying true to their promise trekked by Palaria's side. She would take care of obstacles that got in the small girls way. Lava would be parted aside from strong gusts of wind from her blade. Landslides and boulders redirected by her blades, which cut the large rocks into tiny pieces, and when imbedded into the ground forced the landslides to move just around them.

(I am back to suffer.)
❝Somehow, not surprised that the waterboarder well-wisher is also borderline homophobic.❞ Belle contemplates, sighing displeased at the thorough lack of sinergy going on here. But with his priorities out of the way, Dene spoke about Efrain's right hand. ❝Course. Almost forgot that we don't need any when we have that guy. But I'll try it anyway. Time to put Sofia's trust to good use...and the effort of that guy.❞

The sharp noise of a finger striking the thumb came with a word. Rather, a letter.

Π.

The intent was to make Deathwing's body riddled with holes. It had chosen not to raise defenses to her attacks, so this should have worked. This was a habit that she had studied in the dragon since the very first time they fought. A tendency to juggernaut through anything it thought harmless. When its entire body made contact with her forces, Belle compressed the surface area of multiple points into imperceptible needles.

Further and further and further and further. The great scale of her attack had no purpose other than to draw attention away from the unspeakably narrow needles that she pressed from every direction. Invisible funnels that even a human wouldn't perceive being pierced by, let alone a dragon the size of Deathwing and while fighting against Lewis.

What we all also know is that Deathwing has confirmed weak spots, or at least places where attacks have more of a chance to mildly inconvenience it. Someone might ask why does it matter. It matters because Deathwing chose to steamroll through her attacks and ignore any defensive approach, he would have all of these countless funnels nicely installed all over his body. Like conduits.

❝Unlike the man with the puppets, I am terrified of you. But fear is what drives evolution. A life form that has forgotten that fear necessary to survive is the one that will be extinct.❞

Through these conduits, she would have sent the sphere that Sofia had entrusted her, all the way inside the creature's body. Before finally releasing the balanced inward forces that kept it at such a diminutive size. This lethal maneuver that Deathwing had not even tried to perceive or avoid, would be a burst of power so sudden and so violent, even such a nemesis should have no means of escaping it unscathed after its fatal lack of judgment.

This explosive result had to be a blow for all of mankind. To tear it to shreds from the inside out.
A mere laugh came from the dragon in the blast, or was that the dragon? No, it was like Deathwing had shifted states, receiving only the most minor of burns

"Your tenacity means nothing, your faith... even less." Deathwing said, having shifted to a much smaller more humanoid state before returning to his dragon form, the great Black Dragon showing some damage on his person, but it was only making his inky black scales even darker. He was staring at Bella, the slightest bit impressed by this, but now she had his full attention, and that was something that had proven nearly fatal for Palaria in that past fight...

(Sheesh, wasting all the big attacks on the first phase when the second phase is when you should be trying to send DW back to the depths of wherever the Waterboarders came from)
"Huh...." still unfazed and kept composure, the same puppets that turned into ash came back to hold Deathwing again. Much to no one's surprise, they were built a new feature.

Sure, each time the puppets would be destroyed, they'd become ash. But the recycling of other puppets that were destroyed earlier was child's play compared to creating an entirely new one.

This would mean that, for each time the dragons destroys it, the same destroyed puppets would simply be recreated far faster than the barreling of the Waterboarder.

"It feels nice calling someone an insect..." before sending the dragon with a series of puppets— more on quantity.
(I'm just gonna assume they were returned to their constituent atoms by Bella's attack)
Valentina staying true to their promise trekked by Palaria's side. She would take care of obstacles that got in the small girls way. Lava would be parted aside from strong gusts of wind from her blade. Landslides and boulders redirected by her blades, which cut the large rocks into tiny pieces, and when imbedded into the ground forced the landslides to move just around them.
"Thank you... erm... Valentina." Palaria said quietly as she moved, utilizing the paths cleared to try and make her way up the Volcano's shaky landscape as fast as possible, having summoned her golden disk to her hand

All this for the most minor of burns. There's laugh, incredulous. Any strength left in Belle's limbs is gone and her consciousness fades to black...but the impact of her face kissing the floor shakes the woman back to her senses before they're too far gone for recovery.

Of course, it would have been better if that didn't happen. Everything hurt, children of her children would be feeling headaches. Betting it all on weakening that thing for the others to finish it off didn't work any better than every other attempt. Her ears do not hear the dragon's delight about his powers. The senses fade away like a device that has lost its power supply and she is defeated. The stubborn will of a survivor keeps her awake but, not any more aware of the world around. It's all up to the survivors now.

Last edited:
A mere laugh came from the dragon in the blast, or was that the dragon? No, it was like Deathwing had shifted states, receiving only the most minor of burns

"Your tenacity means nothing, your faith... even less." Deathwing said, having shifted to a much smaller more humanoid state before returning to his dragon form, the great Black Dragon showing some damage on his person, but it was only making his inky black scales even darker. He was staring at Bella, the slightest bit impressed by this, but now she had his full attention, and that was something that had proven nearly fatal for Palaria in that past fight...

(Sheesh, wasting all the big attacks on the first phase when the second phase is when you should be trying to send DW back to the depths of wherever the Waterboarders came from)
"Very inattentive, aren't you?"

Though the puppets were ruined by Bella's attack, they'd once again sprout out more. 30 minutes would be the low-class as they'd pile on quantitatively upon the dragon, who was caught by the girl's attack.

Skewering in would be lots of the molten sand— now glass from the fire and magma, hurling them past the Dragon to impede, not damage, it's advances.

Gigantic hands would proper themselves onto the wings, wanting to rip them off.

Noah could feel what had happened, she focused her gaze towards the battlefield as she noticed how Bella's contraband went out, which meant in the best of cases that her stamina ran out, Noah then turned towards the group that was with her. .

"Come on, we'll run out of contraband users at any moment" She say while move

All this for the most minor of burns. There's laugh, incredulous. Any strength left in Belle's limbs is gone and her consciousness fades to black...but the impact of her face kissing the floor shakes the woman back to her senses before they're too far gone for recovery.

Of course, it would have been better if that didn't happen. Everything hurt, children of her children would be feeling headaches. Betting it all on weakening that thing for the others to finish it off didn't work any better than every other attempt. Her ears do not hear the dragon's delight about his powers. The senses fade away like a device that has lost its power supply and she is defeated. The stubborn will of a survivor keeps her awake but, not any more aware of the world around. It's all up to the survivors now.
"I'll go get her, I owe her one. Someone cover me though, looks like she got the big bad dragons attention."
She darted over to where Belle had collapsed and picked her up, hoisting her over her shoulder.

"So much for that attack..."
Caleb let up on their suppression of Deathwing's physical attributes. They couldn't afford to allocate their efforts to too many places at once.

(Sorry guys)

(Hisssssssss)

"Thank you... erm... Valentina." Palaria said quietly as she moved, utilizing the paths cleared to try and make her way up the Volcano's shaky landscape as fast as possible, having summoned her golden disk to her hand
"Mmm." They weren't much for words at the moment. They just gave Palaria a small nod. Keeping an eye on oncoming obstacles and Palaria's disk

"Very inattentive, aren't you?"

Though the puppets were ruined by Bella's attack, they'd once again sprout out more. 30 minutes would be the low-class as they'd pile on quantitatively upon the dragon, who was caught by the girl's attack.

Skewering in would be lots of the molten sand— now glass from the fire and magma, hurling them past the Dragon to impede, not damage, it's advances.

Gigantic hands would proper themselves onto the wings, wanting to rip them off.
Deathwing swiftly tore apart the hands, but... something was wrong, he sensed it, deep within his firey form it was a nagging sensation, and it slowed him down. Despite his best efforts, that attack did do something, and it sent Deathwing onto the defensive, utilizing his breath for wide sweeps of flame and death, and even forming slabs of earth to attempt to slow the glass... and he growled, a hideous, hateful sound. His Fury was growing by the moment but he was weakening, not noticeably yet, but he began to change his plan from almost all out offense to a more defensive stance...
Noah could feel what had happened, she focused her gaze towards the battlefield as she noticed how Bella's contraband went out, which meant in the best of cases that her stamina ran out, Noah then turned towards the group that was with her. .

"Come on, we'll run out of contraband users at any moment" She say while move
"Mmm." They weren't much for words at the moment. They just gave Palaria a small nod. Keeping an eye on oncoming obstacles and Palaria's disk
Through flame, rock, and doom they made it up the Volcano through no small amount of help from Valentina and Noah, Palaria waited for just a moment until Deathwing was turned from the Volcano, and she put her right arm out, the skinny thing holding the disk that was a piece of the end of the dragon who'd destroyed a base of an entire organization, and golden energy began to swirl...

Deathwing swiftly tore apart the hands, but... something was wrong, he sensed it, deep within his firey form it was a nagging sensation, and it slowed him down. Despite his best efforts, that attack did do something, and it sent Deathwing onto the defensive, utilizing his breath for wide sweeps of flame and death, and even forming slabs of earth to attempt to slow the glass... and he growled, a hideous, hateful sound. His Fury was growing by the moment but he was weakening, not noticeably yet, but he began to change his plan from almost all out offense to a more defensive stance...
"It's working...."

A conjecture not too far of from the truth, though something he wouldn't invest upon since it could very well be just another way to scam his - and everyone else's chances.

Atop the clouds he'd sit, the real body of his merely keening over the flaming lizard, having his hand command over the burnt puppets to explode and release fragments like shrapnel, darting them right at its wings.

"Seems I spoke too soon. Their offense less than subtly changed just now. It might be that the attack is having a delayed affect. I think we should pile on. Not to harm them, but to distract them from the other group."
Caleb communicated to the others through their Contraband

"I'll do what I can. Don't think I'll be of much help though."

Sofia's nap gave her enough time to recover to a degree they could at least provide support

"Somewhere enough in the open that they're an easy target for Palaria's attack..."
"Once again then, Voidmaker" Voyant "said", the gangster nodded before standing up again. A voice is heard in Lewis' head

"We're going to bring the dragon to somewhere open. Be ready to reposition if this fails"

"I already knew this was a part of your plan. Trying any ideas is good, but don't expect any form of get back if you bite more than you can chew..."
Voyant nodded before turning to Voidmaker. In an instant, Deathwing found himself in an open spot of the volcano, facing away yet right in the range of Palaria's attack

She darted over to where Belle had collapsed and picked her up, hoisting her over her shoulder.
❝Hey...❞ Belle speaks in a mumble.
"Seems I spoke too soon. Their offense less than subtly changed just now. It might be that the attack is having a delayed affect. I think we should pile on. Not to harm them, but to distract them from the other group."
Caleb communicated to the others through their Contraband

"I'll do what I can. Don't think I'll be of much help though."

Sofia's nap gave her enough time to recover to a degree they could at least provide support
❝I'm sorry about.....wasting that......❞ Too exhausted to realize that the attack had been effective after all, these words are her last before anything left of her consciousness also shuts down.

❝Hey...❞ Belle speaks in a mumble.
"Hey. Hang in there a little longer. We're almost out of this."
❝I'm sorry about.....wasting that......❞ Too exhausted to realize that the attack had been effective after all, these words are her last before anything left of her consciousness also shuts down.
They didn't say anything. It was a waste of energy to try and comfort the unconscious. Something she only sparingly had. She let out a sigh, she wouldn't be able to reliably fight and protect at the same time. So they decide it's better to focus on one... They set Belle down and turn away from her. It was then a thinly stretched veil of black covered her. Seems she opted for using the rest of her resources to keep her safe instead of fighting or protecting themselves. Not that they could do that too well.
"You better appreciate this. She'd kill me herself if she knew I was doing this..."
She added with a hoarse voice. They stared off into the sky silently.

"I hope you don't regret your decision, Sofia."

"Mmm.."
They didn't say a word, but Caleb got the gist.

"Stay safe..."
She's a curious one they thought to themselves. They had a better idea of what was going on in her head thanks to his Contraband.

Through flame, rock, and doom they made it up the Volcano through no small amount of help from Valentina and Noah, Palaria waited for just a moment until Deathwing was turned from the Volcano, and she put her right arm out, the skinny thing holding the disk that was a piece of the end of the dragon who'd destroyed a base of an entire organization, and golden energy began to swirl...
"Are you fine left to your own devices from here?"
They stuck the edge of one of their blades into the ground.

"Are you fine left to your own devices from here?"
They stuck the edge of one of their blades into the ground.
"This... won't... finish... him...!" Palaria said in a strained voice, it was taking everything to keep her aim steady, and she'd already reached the mark that incapacitated her last time, and while she wasn't really too keen on nearly dying, as far as she was concerned, for this... it was totally worth it.
"It's working...."

A conjecture not too far of from the truth, though something he wouldn't invest upon since it could very well be just another way to scam his - and everyone else's chances.

Atop the clouds he'd sit, the real body of his merely keening over the flaming lizard, having his hand command over the burnt puppets to explode and release fragments like shrapnel, darting them right at its wings.
Deathwing snarled in rage and hate, and he dipped out of dragon form to successfully defend himself with an earth cocoon, before busting out and allowing the shrapnel to tink uselessly against his metal plating, he figured that Lewis was probably above him, and that provided his biggest threat an advantage, but... Palaria was just standing there, barely doing anything... so were that Waterboarder girl and the mad warrior... and that made it click that he was in no position to be screwing around, and thus he tried to sweep the Caravans with more flames from his mouth to keep them distracted while he swung his massive head from side to side searching for his primary target

"This... won't... finish... him...!" Palaria said in a strained voice, it was taking everything to keep her aim steady, and she'd already reached the mark that incapacitated her last time, and while she wasn't really too keen on nearly dying, as far as she was concerned, for this... it was totally worth it.
"That's alright. Give it what you can, that's what matters. I've got you covered if you drop."
They walked behind Palaria, ready to catch them if they do collapse.
"Just soften them up enough for the rest of us finish the bastard. I can ascertain you everyone here would be happy to get their own licks in."

Deathwing snarled in rage and hate, and he dipped out of dragon form to successfully defend himself with an earth cocoon, before busting out and allowing the shrapnel to tink uselessly against his metal plating, he figured that Lewis was probably above him, and that provided his biggest threat an advantage, but... Palaria was just standing there, barely doing anything... so were that Waterboarder girl and the mad warrior... and that made it click that he was in no position to be screwing around, and thus he tried to sweep the Caravans with more flames from his mouth to keep them distracted while he swung his massive head from side to side searching for his primary target
Seeing that he'd cover himself to attack, he'd use the other puppets to dig underground and now pop up under the dragon whilst he was searching for this target. Making giant puppets to use the sand as the shield and trap him similar to covering a spider with two large bowls- ones made of sand and other materials from the ground that is.

Seeing that he'd cover himself to attack, he'd use the other puppets to dig underground and now pop up under the dragon whilst he was searching for this target. Making giant puppets to use the sand as the shield and trap him similar to covering a spider with two large bowls- ones made of sand and other materials from the ground that is.
(Um, Deathwing is still airborne lol)

Jackie focused on DW.

"If you hit him with that, like how long do you think we have to get out of here?" He asked, he suspected that by giving away their location after attack the Waterboarder even an exhausted Deathwing might try to go towards them with the intention of at least killing Palaria, as a last act before suffering from injuries/exhaustion.

Noah watched as Deathwing attacked the caravans in an attempt to defend himself with flames, she was worried about her friends.

Back