• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Jackie focused on DW.

"If you hit him with that, like how long do you think we have to get out of here?" He asked, he suspected that by giving away their location after attack the Waterboarder even an exhausted Deathwing might try to go towards them with the intention of at least killing Palaria, as a last act before suffering from injuries/exhaustion.

Noah watched as Deathwing attacked the caravans in an attempt to defend himself with flames, she was worried about her friends.
"Don't... matter...!" Palaria spoke the last words she could before she had to lock in so she wouldn't miss or die... her body felt like it was ripping itself apart, but she had to stay strong... this was the only chance she was ever gonna get to do this, and she didn't intend to **** it up royally.
"That's alright. Give it what you can, that's what matters. I've got you covered if you drop."
They walked behind Palaria, ready to catch them if they do collapse.
"Just soften them up enough for the rest of us finish the bastard. I can ascertain you everyone here would be happy to get their own licks in."
Seeing that he'd cover himself to attack, he'd use the other puppets to dig underground and now pop up under the dragon whilst he was searching for this target. Making giant puppets to use the sand as the shield and trap him similar to covering a spider with two large bowls- ones made of sand and other materials from the ground that is.
Deathwing flapped up out of the consuming earth, avoiding it defly before he spotted it. That golden light, and he moved to dodge, but he was slow, far too slow due to the Burning inside of him. With a deafening roar the disc made a dragon head appear and open it's mouth to make the sound before it fired off, hitting Deathwing right on the plated back... and it burst through, the only attack thus far that even scratched Deathwing's plates, and it pierced his form, making the mighty Waterboarder's eyes widen with shock...

And the black dragon's ability to fly was lost, and he tumbled into the Volcano, completely being submerged.

After that... Palaria collapsed. "he... not... done..." she sputtered out, her body giving out due to the insane strain she just put on it, but her warning... oh her warning was shocking, Deathwing survived that? After he'd been weakened by the combined efforts of two powerful contraband users?

This very question was the one yet to be answered. Given mere 30-40 minute puppets were used, Lewis find it off that he can't finish this beast off— or so they thought. Not as a conjecture pointing to him holding back, but a case that he doesn't have to admit.

Not now.

But...

"Usage: 1 Hour"

Dropping down from the sky, would be a puppet the height of a telephone pole and a width of a standard subdivision house— quite pale in comparison to its predecessors in size and heft.

Commanded by the puppeteer sitting on the clouds, he'd best not let the Dragon do any silly tricks. Sending a beam of pure toxin, monsters that were in the way would be susceptible to it virtue of the Contraband's effects.
(Let other people beat down the dragon when he surfaces back.)

"Okay, let's finish this" Noah said ready as she healed Palaria, using her "contraband" on her.
"First we need to see him," George commented, giving Marcy an idea. Scraps of metal laid in various places which she could easily collect, the heat leaving them malleable and should they be too solid, they are already in a volcano. In an instant, long spears of metal suddenly appeared above the pool of lava before being launched down, a muffled scream heard which was concerning as it is still molten rock. They began to move concerningly fast, going upward and revealing the dragon's body. Some of the spears snapped from the weight and the heat with some needing to be re-stabbed though this did still reduce the amount of support.

Until the lava itself began to move, some stabbing through the dragon and some restraining its limbs

"I don't think we've gotten a proper fight, yet," Rizzuto said.

"That's alright. Give it what you can, that's what matters. I've got you covered if you drop."
They walked behind Palaria, ready to catch them if they do collapse.
"Just soften them up enough for the rest of us finish the bastard. I can ascertain you everyone here would be happy to get their own licks in."
(Hiss I say! Hiss!)

After that... Palaria collapsed. "he... not... done..." she sputtered out, her body giving out due to the insane strain she just put on it, but her warning... oh her warning was shocking, Deathwing survived that? After he'd been weakened by the combined efforts of two powerful contraband users?
"It's fine. It's better this way anyways. You did good, so rest."
She catches Palaria as she collapses, hoisting her over her shoulder for ease of carry.

(Pain)
"First we need to see him," George commented, giving Marcy an idea. Scraps of metal laid in various places which she could easily collect, the heat leaving them malleable and should they be too solid, they are already in a volcano. In an instant, long spears of metal suddenly appeared above the pool of lava before being launched down, a muffled scream heard which was concerning as it is still molten rock. They began to move concerningly fast, going upward and revealing the dragon's body. Some of the spears snapped from the weight and the heat with some needing to be re-stabbed though this did still reduce the amount of support.

Until the lava itself began to move, some stabbing through the dragon and some restraining its limbs

"I don't think we've gotten a proper fight, yet," Rizzuto said.
in the shifting magma of the volcano, something came up, limbs hanging on by nothing but straps of flesh and molten bone, igneous rock melting on contact with metallic claws, and up heaved it: Deathwing. A massive hole in through the middle of his torso, and his limbs supporting his weight upon the massive volcano, looking upon the disastrous dragon now was akin to looking at something being torn apart and sewing back together, his jaw hung on strands of flesh holding his jaw from tearing itself open, his eyes dripping magma... His body was tearing itself apart, and yet he was alive.

And then Deathwing roared, a sound that shook the earth and made magma spew up upon the shattered city, and a sound that made Palaria cower, scrambling to go backwards in the terror of the thing that had hunted her for over a decade as the lava of the volcano began to rise, threatening to flood over and rush towards the individuals who'd managed to ground the great dragon in the first place

And then Deathwing roared, a sound that shook the earth and made magma spew up upon the shattered city, and a sound that made Palaria cower, scrambling to go backwards in the terror of the thing that had hunted her for over a decade as the lava of the volcano began to rise, threatening to flood over and rush towards the individuals who'd managed to ground the great dragon in the first place
"Ah shit! Can someone cover for her?" Rizzuto exclaimed, shifting his focus to block the oncoming magma from reaching the rest of the group. With that, the dragon's restraints fell as the spears that impaled him snapped, leaving him free.

Noah looked at the mess that began to emerge from beneath the ground.

"If it weren't for me trying to keep up appearances, the lava in its natural state wouldn't affect me if I returned to my normal form" Noah thought.

"Shit, there's someone here with contraband air or something," she said to the others as she got closer.

"Why you ask?" Jackie asks.

"Well, using the air to cool the lava, you know, a normal chemical reaction" she said as she moved a piece of metal with her power to help keep the lava out of the way.

"Wait, what about water?" George pointed out, the gangsters turning to Tidebreaker.
"Uh... what do you need me to do?" he replied nervously.
"Well, unlike using air to reduce heat, wouldn't we need an absurd amount of water? Plus the Steam would be unbearable, the better would be drain all the heat." Noah say

At that Noah remembers something

"Wait, that reminds me, didn't you say they had a bunch of temperature-controlling contraband?" She say to the boss of the RR
(You say that Jack Contraband is common for RR, so they should capable to drain the heat and thus make lava stop)

"P-please... the heat..." Palaria murmured weakly, at her wits' end due to fear, remaining exhaustion from using her Contraband like that, and of course, the heat.

"Since heat and lava don't do shit to Deathwing, redirecting the lava and heat outside so it's not a problem for us would be a big improvement for us." Jackie say understanding where Noah wants to go.
The leader understood, turning to Voyant who quickly relayed the message to the gangsters. Soon the place began to cool, enough to form a place that wasn't hot enough to boil someone alive.

(Pain)

in the shifting magma of the volcano, something came up, limbs hanging on by nothing but straps of flesh and molten bone, igneous rock melting on contact with metallic claws, and up heaved it: Deathwing. A massive hole in through the middle of his torso, and his limbs supporting his weight upon the massive volcano, looking upon the disastrous dragon now was akin to looking at something being torn apart and sewing back together, his jaw hung on strands of flesh holding his jaw from tearing itself open, his eyes dripping magma... His body was tearing itself apart, and yet he was alive.

"Well that worked out, I suppose. What will our next move be? Can Lewis finish him off at this point?" the leader questioned.
This very question was the one yet to be answered. Given mere 30-40 minute puppets were used, Lewis find it off that he can't finish this beast off— or so they thought. Not as a conjecture pointing to him holding back, but a case that he doesn't have to admit.

Not now.

But...

Dropping down from the sky, would be a puppet the height of a telephone pole and a width of a standard subdivision house— quite pale in comparison to its predecessors in size and heft.

Commanded by the puppeteer sitting on the clouds, he'd best not let the Dragon do any silly tricks, and throw a slicing attack with a bladed appendage.

Last edited:

Not now.

But...

Commanded by the puppeteer sitting on the clouds, he'd best not let the Dragon do any silly tricks. Sending a beam of pure toxin, monsters that were in the way would be susceptible to it virtue of the Contraband's effects.
"Well, it looks like someone is pulling out the big guns, heh" Noah joked a little to raise the group's spirits.

Not now.

But...

(And teamkilling too I take it. Only one character has even breathed wrong at Deathwing yet Back, and multiple people are still in-range of getting murked by that. I want to establish that the other characters were needed, not "Oh yeah Lewis solo'd this boss! Haha!")
(Let other people beat down the dragon when he surfaces back.)
(This literally still stands, I'd like to let people you know, hit the dragon for a post or two Instead of you getting impatient.)

(My problem is I'm trying to not bullshit that attack by having Deathwing's heat set the toxin aflame or no-selling it or some shit, because the entire point of this phase is to let the rest of the group, ya know, do things. Instead of juat reacting.)

(My problem is I'm trying to not bullshit that attack by having Deathwing's heat set the toxin aflame or no-selling it or some shit, because the entire point of this phase is to let the rest of the group, ya know, do things. Instead of juat reacting.)
(Ah, okey, well, I honestly didn't know how close or far they are from Deathwing if 100 meters or something like that, that's why I didn't post it as something that would indicate that Noah or Jackie are attacking him but well, will wait until the other players post)

(Ah, okey, well, I honestly didn't know how close or far they are from Deathwing if 100 meters or something like that, that's why I didn't post it as something that would indicate that Noah or Jackie are attacking him but well, will wait until the other players post)
(They're pretty close, really the only reason I'm not having Deathwing attack is to let them exist without being hounded lol)

(Bump

Bump.jpg.0770b4c5d0d1338f7162f8e7d840696b.jpg
)

Not now.

But...

Commanded by the puppeteer sitting on the clouds, he'd best not let the Dragon do any silly tricks, and throw a slicing attack with a bladed appendage.
"Hmm, I think it's not so hot anymore," Marcy said, walking over the cooled lava before noticing the attack land. She returned back to her previous place to see the attack cut a large gash through Deathwing.
"Seems like the dragon can now be harmed. Who wants to have a go?" the leader offered.

"Okay, let's finish this bastard." Noah said as she walked the electricity was seen concentrating in her hands, ready to shock this dragon.
"Let's make sure he doesn't get away this time," Rizzuto added, long protrusions extending from the obsidian and impaling the dragon all over, keeping it in-place.

"Let's make sure he doesn't get away this time," Rizzuto added, long protrusions extending from the obsidian and impaling the dragon all over, keeping it in-place.
"Okay, let's finish this bastard." Noah said as she walked the electricity was seen concentrating in her hands, ready to shock this dragon.
"Really saving the f*cking fun for yourselves, huh?"

In the fray would be Dene, who had been in prone and silent as he aimed a proportionally large sniper rifle, with a long barrel and some math symbols, before firing a shot that was charged up long enough.

"I'll pass on the fun for now. I need to save what I can for later."
She stretched one arm up, grabbing it with her other.

"I'll pass too. I'm not the fighting type anywho... I think I know someone who would like to take a jab though."
Caleb looked up to Valentina, whom was looking down at the group wailing on Deathwing in silence.

"I'll pass on the fun for now. I need to save what I can for later."
She stretched one arm up, grabbing it with her other.

"I'll pass too. I'm not the fighting type anywho... I think I know someone who would like to take a jab though."
Caleb looked up to Valentina, whom was looking down at the group wailing on Deathwing in silence.
"Is fine guys, if anything happen, y'all could be our backup plan if we can't" Jackie said giving them a thumbs up.

(Pain)

[SIZE=1](Poke)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1](Poke)[/SIZE]
(You did it wrong)

Deathwing roared as his skin was pierced, and the obsidian was melted by his molten blood, and spiked tendrils shot up from his blood that impacted the 'arena', elongating and striking at everything wildly, while molten magma was shot from Deathwing's mouth to overwhelm the cooling, but the Slash, oh the Slash did something, it cut deep into Deathwing's shoulder until it hit the edge of a plate, seemed they at least were still overwhelmingly durable... as for the sniper shot, it did damage, in fact, it pierced right through Deathwing, but even the largest bullet would be a pithy attack on a dragon this large or survivable, but still, heavy damage was done to the monstrosity of a Waterboarder before them by all that hit it.

Back