• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Code: Breaker needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Basically, the Code: Breaker verse and all its characters are full of links to an illegal scanlation site, causing problems when you try to edit anything, but these links can't stay anyway.

Since the two listed supporters aren't active anymore, I'm looking for someone who could solve this issue, removing the forbidden links and replacing them with scans hosted on the wiki, imgur or some other acceptable website.

If no one can be found, I really don't know what to do, if just erasing all links and leave the pages without them, or delete the whole verse.

Deleting the whole verse is what's usually done if no one is willing to fix the issues, yes.

With that being said, I lack the time to help on editing, sorry.

Yes, it's broken altogether, we can just wait for someone knowledgeable on the verse who can find the right scans somewhere else, otherwise it will be erased.

Well, if there's no active knowledgeable member at all, it's generally just deleted from what I recall.

There might be someone hanging around the forum who knows the verse but isn't listed on the wiki page, so it's best to wait for now, imho.

I saw that @Sir_Ovens is an opponent of the verse, so it's kinda weird to ask, but could you help with it?

Ok, so even though the links don't work the url still displays the volume and chapter name the scan comes from.

I've uploaded this image that seems the closest to matching up with Rei Ogamis ability to remove his killing intent based on the current link on his profile having Vol 5 chapter 32: Flame away in the url. So push comes to shove we could click on the links, and then look up the chapters for the manga after reading the url although it would be pretty time consuming.

It would be indeed, I totally don't have the time to handle it and I can't force others to do it.

Help is obviously appreciated, if you want to keep working on it feel free to do so and take all the time you need, but again, I won't force you, it's entirely up to you and feel free to reject the task, no worries.

I'm an opponent for purely VS debating reasons. I don't actually know anything about the verse.

I'm an opponent for purely VS debating reasons. I don't actually know anything about the verse.
You're suppossed to only list yourself in that section of a verse page if you're knowledgeable on the series, rather than exclusively if you like or dislike it.

That was never a rule in my time. And I've been on this wiki a long time.

Bruh, the agreement was to not do anything. My name on the opponents list is still valid regardless of if I read Code Breaker or not.

Bump

@Antvasima If we don't manage to find anyone knowledgeable on the verse and/or willing to spend quite a lot of time finding new scans and hosting them somewhere legal, I think we might end up having to delete the whole verse.

Personally I don't have neither the interest or the time to fix it.

Both the existing supporters left the wiki, I think I can keep bumping this thread for a week or so and proceed with the deletion if no one shows up.

Solving this issue would also help finish the Multiple Selves Updates, as I'm really close to finish my part of the job and one of the very last things to do is handling one of these characters.

Thank you, help is appreciated.
Knowing that someone will work on it, we don't have time contraints anymore and you can take all the time you need.

Just a thing, this is the profile that should be handled first, as it necessary to go on with another project, but there's no rush.

I am personally fine with if you delete the verse if it doesn't have high enough standards and seems unlikely to get fixed.

I think that BlahBlah is also busy helping me out with another revision.

I've also asked DontTalkDT if he's willing to help as it seems he's someone who knows the verse. Now the waiting game begins as maybe someone else who knows the verse or is willing to fix the links will appear.

I can probably gradually replace the most important links (i.e. stat stuff).
Replacing all the 500 links per page earl placed is too much for me, though.

It seems like we should delete this verse then. DontTalk's time is much better to focus on more important tasks.

Yes. That is fine. Thank you for helping out.

Do you want to regain your old staff position?

I've updated all profiles that had scans on the illegal scanlation site so the work is done. I think this can be closed as the problem pointed was solved.

Ant, I could take it back as I have more free time compared to what I had at the beginning of the year but I won't be able to help as much as in the past. If that won't be problem then sure.

I've updated all profiles that had scans on the illegal scanlation site so the work is done. I think this can be closed as the problem pointed was solved.

Ant, I could take it back as I have more free time compared to what I had at the beginning of the year but I won't be able to help as much as in the past. If that won't be problem then sure.
Okay. Thank you, and no problem. I will ask AKM to restore your staff position. Welcome back to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back