• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cloud Strife vs. Power Puff Girls-verse

How far does the man and his big sword make it?

He is dropped in the PPGverse without warning, with the entire verse ready to attack him.

EDIT: Speed equalized.

Actually, there is one stopping point.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/HIM

Supposedly, his Type 8 says he'll be around as long as there is Evil. So if Cloud has any evil, that's an issue. It also means Cloud would have to kill every evil person in the 'verse.

Supposing that doesn't apply however, HIM has Clairvoyance; Cloud, a failed SOLDIER with an alter ego that fancies himself a hero & a badass shows up? I'd think HIM would be intrigued & want to torment him, maybe try & mind control him to pit him against the PPG.

Thing is, then HIM would notice his powers don't work on Cloud, & Clairvoyance could tell him this is because of the Ribbon. With Clairvoyance, it's possible he could divine information on what WOULD work from hiding in safety.

Especially since, if everyone in the 'verse is ready to attack him, he'll probably be busy fighting the Powerpuff Girls, at least very briefly. If Cloud is willing to kill, & trying to kill the PPG, I doubt they're going to ignore the guy trying to kill them when he's more dangerous than HIM.

Spatial manipulation, teleportation, shapeshifting, summoning, weather manipulation & several others... heck, Cloud's myriad of resistances doesn't include to Possession.

HIM could also try Dream Manipulation if Cloud goes to sleep.

If Cloud doesn't have, or loses his Ribbon, HIM haxes him.

Alternatively, HIM could throw the Earth into a black hole, with his Class Z Telekinetic Lifting Strength; Cloud might resist Telekinesis, but planet Earth doesn't, & he's going to stay in the atmosphere, especially if he can't breathe in space, right?

Although, it's uncertain if a MFTL 4-B would stay in a black hole.

In theory, he could try hiding. I mean, doesn't HIM often appear in places that aren't Earth? I'd presume he's in a pocket dimension or Hell or the like, so I have no idea how Cloud would get there normally.

If Cloud never finds Hades, Cloud will eventually grow old & less able, & perhaps even die. Outliving would be difficult, but what's he gonna do? Track a shapeshifting, teleporting, mind controlling evil mastermind & somehow never once lose his Ribbon that keeps him safe, even if he doesn't know he needs it?

I mean sure, if they're all on the planet, he could just destroy the planet with 4-B AP if he can't find HIM, but I'd assume Cloud would suffocate shortly after.

Even if HIM does go to direct combat, what of it? So he dies & comes back eventually? After how long?

I suppose it's true that Cloud can one-shot, but I don't know of many times HIM went for direct combat vs indirect or messing with his opponents. Also, I don't think he'd try to go head to head with Cloud if he saw him trounce the PPG.

After how long usually depends on the amount of hate

But he never has come back before the incapacitation timer runs out.

Assuming HIM goes into direct combat, which I don't think is his usual strategy. Even if it's brief, Cloud fighting the rest of the 'verse is probably time for Clairvoyance. The OP specifies Cloud is dropped in "without warning, with the entire verse ready to attack him" so he's probably unprepared. Not to say PPG-verse is prepared, but he may be occupied for a bit unless he goes all out immediately.

Is HIM's home even on Earth? What if he just throws Earth into a black hole?

Also, I don't think Cloud has resistance to Possession.

Also, could Spatial Manipulation be used to remove the Ribbon from Cloud? Without it, he's exposed to mind hax, among other things.

So....

When has HIM used any of this beyond once and why can't Cloud raise his hand and hit him with Blizzaga due to his massive AP advantage?

I haven't watched PPG in quite a while, so unfortunately, I don't know HIM's history of how he uses his abilities that well.

Per the OP:

"He is dropped in the PPGverse without warning, with the entire verse ready to attack him."

Cloud is literally fighting the whole 'verse. Odds are, HIM may not be his first target because there's so many others; Even if he one shots them all, they're still distractions.

I don't recall HIM's fight history, but how often has he favored direct combat, and why would he not teleport away from someone kicking the asses of the Rowdyruffs, Powerpuffs, Mojo Jojo, etc.?

Heck, why would he fight someone who's killing all his worst enemies and all of humanity? He's intelligent, sadistic. I'd assume he'd be glad to retreat, sit back & plan during the fighting.

Heck, just because the 'verse is READY to attack him does not mean the characters are immediately near, and Cloud being dropped in without warning means he probably isn't going to KNOW HIM exists, even if HIM is on Earth.

And if Cloud has a lot of opponents, there could be several opportunities for him to sneak up via Teleportation, Shapeshifting, & then Possess Cloud. Also, if Cloud loses his ribbon in any of the fighting, I'd assume he's as vulnerable to being brainwashed as anyone else.

(Also, Cloud killing EVERYONE would give HIM an abundance of negative emotions to stat amp off of. Although, given HIM scales to his own extremely casual 10 to 23 Tenaton feat, I doubt even the negative emotions of a whole planet dying might be enough to bring him to over 22,600 times stronger than before.)

(Also, I just noticed, going by what OP says, or rather, didn't say, Speed isn't Equalized, so as far as I can tell, Cloud also Speedblitzes in this match, as it is. Lol.)

Must be noted though that Cloud's profile is missing a couple of things: his resistance to mind manipulation, illusions and possession is natural, it comes from how in the story his mind and soul became strong enough to resist Sephiroth's control of his mind and body. Also, he gets as many resistances from Materia Combinations, not just the Ribbon, those are slotted in the rest of his equipment.

The Ribbon also gives Cloud resistance to Empathic Manipulation and Negative Emotions: in FFVII aside the Berserk and Confusion status, there's also the Fury and Sadness status which Cloud becomes immune to with it. There's also his Resist Spell, which effectively grants him all the resistances the Ribbon grants.

Also, all of Cloud's magic can become AOE effects with the All and Mega All Materias, which includes his haxes such as Death, Time Slowdown/Stop, Petrification, Confusion, Berserk, Sleep Inducement and turning everyone into Frogs (this disables all abilities aside basic attacks and item usage).

Also, amusingly, Cloud can take control of enemies with the Manipulate command and make them fight for him, also when using the Morph command, instead of killing the opponent the defeated opponent is turned into an Item.

Back