• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Close-Range Tourney Round 2, Match 3: Brad Armstrong vs Axel Stone

Brad Armstrong vs Axel Stone
  • 5 meters apart, Speeds equalized, standard equipment given
  • Ranged equipment is restricted if there are any
  • SBA otherwise
0.0043 tons versus 0.003 tons

A period of one week will be given for debate. After 7 days, if this match has not been concluded, the one with the most votes will advance. If it is inconclusive or equal votes by then, a coin toss will be called by either one who submitted the characters in their respective matches.

Oh hey, I actually know both of these verses.

First off, I disagree that he's necessarily that much more skilled, he's capable of pulling off his feats while deprived of both arms which insanely impressive but Axel fights opponents that were hand-picked from a much better selection and armed with far superior weaponry, and often takes on as many people at once as the ones Brad fights in the finale.

Secondly while Joy is very useful, Axel holds his own advantages with a much better array of techniques, in particular Brad's array of fireball attacks is mostly outmatched by Axel's in close quarters, and he's generally a much more acrobatic fighter.

He also has a crushing LS advantage, which is insanely useful in a H2H fight.

First off, I disagree that he's necessarily that much more skilled, he's capable of pulling off his feats while deprived of both arms which insanely impressive but Axel fights opponents that were hand-picked from a much better selection and armed with far superior weaponry, and often takes on as many people at once as the ones Brad fights in the finale.
Were they around his level of power? If so that's pretty impressive, but Brad probably still edges out in skill
Secondly while Joy is very useful, Axel holds his own advantages with a much better array of techniques, in particular Brad's array of fireball attacks is mostly outmatched by Axel's in close quarters, and he's generally a much more acrobatic fighter.
Those do help, but I don't see them doing much to Brad once he uses Joy
Pretty sure Brad has also defeated many acrobatic opponents before

Brad could learn other styles and incorporated their teachings just by reading their scrolls and has defeated Rando despite the fact he could punch a hole through Brad's chest, and other stuff lel
Yeah but like, it's still an advantage lol.
Obviously it's an advantage, but it's an advantage that can still be countered

Brad also has a degree of healing with his items, has his nasty stat amp and his martial arts techniques let him recover Stamina in the middle of a fight

Brad could learn other styles and incorporated their teachings just by reading their scrolls and has defeated Rando despite the fact he could punch a hole through Brad's chest, and other stuff lel
Stabbing "at" someone's heart isn't the same as stabbing through the heart, it's just an attack aimed at the chest lol.

Also Brad is absolutely not even using anything resembling skill by the time he fights Rando, he's basically an animal by then.
Brad also has a degree of healing with his items, has his nasty stat amp and his martial arts techniques let him recover Stamina in the middle of a fight
And Axel has way better range and versatility

Stabbing "at" someone's heart isn't the same as stabbing through the heart, it's just an attack aimed at the chest lol.
Which is why I said "punch a hole through Brad's chest" and not "stab through Brad's heart"
Basically Brad beat Rando despite Rando being much stronger than him
Also Brad is absolutely not even using anything resembling skill by the time he fights Rando, he's basically an animal by then.
Pretty sure Brad wouldn't have defeated Rando if that was the case (I guess or Item spam lel)
And Axel has way better range and versatility
And Brad has better stamina and AoE with F. Bombs and TNT

Which is why I said "punch a hole through Brad's chest" and not "stab through Brad's heart"
That's not what he's doing either? It's just a knifehand attack aimed at the chest, we don't know how successful the penetration is.
Pretty sure Brad wouldn't have defeated Rando if that was the case (I guess or Item spam lel)
He's literally just biting him and headbutting him bro
And Brad has better stamina and AoE with F. Bombs and TNT
Axel has equally good AOE with Police Call, I wouldn't use that as a selling point.

That's not what he's doing either? It's just a knifehand attack aimed at the chest, we don't know how successful the penetration is.
I think you missed the Use Message "Rando stabs through your chest." and it having a 100% chance of inflicting Bleed
He's literally just biting him and headbutting him bro
Pretty sure it's impossible to beat Rando without using items

Last edited:
I think you missed the Use Message "Rando stabs through your chest." and it having a 100% chance of inflicting Bleed
Ok, he makes a hole, that doesn't really require a huge AP advantage.

Also, "beats a stronger martial artist" is really not that good of a feat
Pretty sure it's impossible to beat Rando without using items
??

I don't think that's true?

Ok, he makes a hole, that doesn't really require a huge AP advantage.
wat
Even so, a weakened Rando is still stronger than Buddy, who even at the beginning of the game could fend off a stronger Brad
Also, "beats a stronger martial artist" is really not that good of a feat
Rando's an expert martial artist who was able to become a feared warlord despire his peaceful nature, so a pretty impressive feat

wat
Even so, a weakened Rando is still stronger than Buddy, who even at the beginning of the game could fend off a stronger Brad

Rando's an expert martial artist who was able to become a feared warlord despire his peaceful nature, so a pretty impressive feat
First off, he's above 99% of the verse in AP and he's mostly going up against people with little knowledge of combat, secondly that's more of an int. feat than anything.

Like honestly Brad has way better feats than that lol.

uhh incon ig, both have notable advantages but none that lead to an easy win

Well, Axel Stone advances
unknown.png

Back