• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said. It's a random encounter. 2 dudes walking in central park, and then get in a fight. Oracle knows a head of time

Book Maker spawn and time stop blitz with book maker both seal instantly. He wouldnt use normal screw spawn because he can tell that Clockwork is intangible so they wouldnt work, and neither would just normal screw spawn.

How would him usually using book makers be more towards Clockwork winning?

He doesn't know what happens as the fight starts, that's not how fights work, and ic both lead with thought based abilities right as the match starts then Precog is moot.

He has no way of knowing he's intangible

Because book maker is useless, so he uses it, time Erasure ends, clockwork time stops

Clockwork, FRA.

To be fair, Clockwork looks like a stereotypical ghost. It might be fair to assume that Misogi may think he's intangible. Not that it'll change the result of the match.

Schnee One said:
He doesn't know what happens as the fight starts, that's not how fights work, and ic both lead with thought based abilities right as the match starts then Precog is moot.
He has no way of knowing he's intangible

Because book maker is useless, so he uses it, time Erasure ends, clockwork time stops
He sees all of time, and its always on, so yes he does

Kumagawa is very genre savvy, and he looks like a stereotypical ghost

Book Maker works on non corporeals, so its works fine.

I'm not even going to bother repeating the same points as again as it ultimately doesn't change the outcome of the match

It does change the match. If they both use at immediately at the start of the match, then the votes based on precog or going first are invalid. If Oracle sees into the future so they don't, then Oracle stomps

Why does Clockwork stomp because he shoots first?

Isn't that literally every Misogi and Star Wars match

Schnee One said:
Why does Clockwork stomp because he shoots first?
Isn't that literally every Misogi and Star Wars match
It's not because he shoots first, it's that at no point will Kumagawa get a chance to shoot. Precog means that there is no senerio where Kumagawa comes out on top

I do not debate star wars, so I cannot speak to that, but most Kumagawa matches the opponent could if they shot as well but they don't

So it is every Kumagawa win, okay

There isn't a single character that can kill Misogi with a thought at the start of the match

What line? You never explained why.

You explained that the characters had a win con, not why they weren't stomps even though they would never under any circumstances get it off before getting speed blitzes and haxed to death with a thought

The lines for why the Kumagawa matches aren't stomps except for Izzard which is. I'm not sure if I have done it for you, but I've done it for others

Its the difference between Diavolo and DIO. Clockwork is the previous, and Kumagawa is the latter. Both are instant in their hax, but the previous has precog to guarantee that he will always go first

Iapitus The Impaler said:
The lines for why the Kumagawa matches aren't stomps except for Izzard which is. I'm not sure if I have done it for you, but I've done it for others
Are you going to explain why they aren't?

Its the difference between Diavolo and DIO. Clockwork is the previous, and Kumagawa is the latter. Both are instant in their hax, but the previous has precog to guarantee that he will always go first
But DIO is quite cocky and doesn't always start with the time stop, while Kumagawa always starts with the bookmark blitz

Magane: they talk and she nulls him

Gil: Ea, Phantasm Punishment, most of his other stuff that prevents restoration, etc.

Strange: BFR, amongst other stuff

Lich: special case, and a bit complicated. Still has BFR, but if you want a more in depth reason then you should read the thread

Medaka: Obvious

Galand: his commandment activates if Kumagawa tells a lie, which is very possible

Doggo: BFR

1. He thinks and wins with bookmaker

2. He thinks before Gil can do any of that as he needs to reach for them

3. He thinks as Dr Strange requires Hand Gestures

4. That stays TBH as Bookmaker fails

5. That's okay, she can win with a thought

6. Funny thing, that's a blitz as speed was unequal

7. He thinks and Doggo loses

If you notice from the above, Misogi acts faster then the majority of his opponents ever could, same case here

1. If you try to talk to Kumagawa, then he won't blitz. If you try to fight, then he goes for any of his standard combat openings, but if you try and talk then he will talk with you. He may go off and screw spawn you to death at any point tho.

2. Gil resists magic and matter, so the screw spawn probably won't work

3. Strange has time before his organs die to make hand movements and stalemate or restore himself with rewind

4. Perhaps. Anyway it's a complicated case

5. Ye

6. It should have been equalised, so yeah that's the issue. If speed was equalised then Galand could talk to Kumagawa. See what I said above

7. Doggo's BFR is apparently instant but he doesn't usually open with it

1. You can't talk to him if he just thinks before you can even open your mouth

2. Fair

3. He can't do that without making a loop, that requires a hand gesture, he has 9B Durability so the screw alone one shots.

6. Agreed.

7. It isn't instant, it's a couple seconds

1. Its a random encounter, there isn't someone going "start" and then they fight. The OP stated they just encountered eachother in a school

3. Yes he can thanos with the same stone did exactly that

7. There is some disagreement over that. Different people in the thread said different things. She also has soul manip, but that is a can of words in and of itself

1. What? Why did you say he thinks on the spot against people he doesn't know on the Psylocke thread?

2. Notice the hand gesture Thanos made to do that, he also can't restore himself because he's dead from the screw due to his Dura.

7. Only one who disagreed was Zach and no one listiens to him

1. He does if he is in a fight, which is the case. But if he encounters someone and the first thing they do is try and talk then he may not. If he is encountering them in a school, then it is unlikely he is as aggressive since I assume this is a school he is attending and they just encountered eachother

2. The screws bypass durability, so Strange's durability doesn't matter. If Kumagawa, as thanos says, goes for the head, then strange dies instantly, but otherwise he has a small bit of time before he dies

7. I'll need to look into him using his BFR. Also rip Zach. I'll tell you what I find

1. And since he's in a fight naturally by SBA, he thinks. Besides, trying to speak to someone who needs to thinkto kill you is impossible, thoughts travel faster then lips.

2. It does actually, yes they bypass Durability, but they still obviously hurt as they're screws in your body, Strange being 9B makes him die by the screws alone.

1. Not when set in that environment. Do they just get dropped in a match and someone goes "fight"? No. In this case they just ran into eachother which means they get the chance to talk.

2. Anyone would die from screws being in their body, but it hurts equally.

7. I looked into it and found that technically they are both right. Her talking before hand makes it take time, but other wise the door appears and sucks you in. The door appearing is instant, but once you are caught in the succ there is no escape. So yes, that is a valid win condition if she spawns it behind him

Because Gil has win conditions. If Gil screw spawns with regular screws or blitzes with regular screws, then Gil has a chance to use any of his weapons that can put Kuma down

Because Gil has win conditions. If Gil screw spawns with regular screws or blitzes with regular screws, then Gil has a chance to use any of his weapons that can put Kuma dow
Kuma realizes that Gil isn't dead and thinks a second time before he can achieve his victory condictions

Yes, but in the time it takes to realise that Gil isnt dying he has already fired any of the weapons that can put him down, and they stalemate. However, it is more likely Kumagawa gets his stuff off and Gil doesn't respond

1. They absolutely know that they are in an environment to fight, this isn't about who decides to kill who first, they are in a fight so they fight.

2. Not for someone physically much weaker then the screw

7. So Misogi thinks.

Yes, but in the time it takes to realise that Gil isnt dying he has already fired any of the weapons that can put him down, and they stalemate. However, it is more likely Kumagawa gets his stuff off and Gil doesn't respond
2 thoughts >>> Gil realizing that he needs to get serious, open GoB and get Ea

1. If that is true, then yes, he wins. However, no one in the thread approached it under this premise. Go make a redux under a different premise if you disagree

2. They ignore durability, so it does not matter. The principle responds much the same way as the city block level dudes. Strange will be effected the same as anyone else

7. Yes, he does. However, it's not a stomp, since she can can BFR at the same time and she gets screw spawned and suck him in, but it's unlikely she would do this in character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back