• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chuck vs Frank

Alrighty. This has to happen. But few ground rules, as Certain things can make this fight hard or pointless. (Including Frank having all weapons that Chuck has and more with OTR)

1. Frank only gets his weapons and costumes from Dead rising 1 and 4. No off the record. Chuck gets his weapons and costumes from Dead rising 2 and Case Zero. Neither get Case West weapons.

2. Frank doesn't get an Exo Suit, however he gets all his Vehicles. And Chuck gets his Vehicles

3. Full arsenal.

4. Takes Place at A mall. Not one either are familiar with however.

5. Morals removed against killing. But Not Blood lusted (AKA. They won't hesitate to kill each other. But in character, not aren't likely going to immediately try and kill each other) gives more room to consider all their weapons

6. Both still will know each other and are away of each other's capabilities in fighting (but not their weapons)

Now that the rules are set. Let's settle which Dead rising Survivor will come out alive.

Frank West vs Chuck Greene

Frank:

Chuck:

Inconclusive: 1

Oooo I like this.

So...what main weapons should Chuck be able to use that'd take care of Frank quickly? Because Frank has at least one way of likely killing him instantly.

Jackythejack said:
Oooo I like this.

So...what main weapons should Chuck be able to use that'd take care of Frank quickly? Because Frank has at least one way of likely killing him instantly.
He has all his weapons. Including combos and normal weapons from Case zero and Dead rising 2. Combos and normal. So like his light saber, frequency gun, and other weapons

Okay but does he have anything that could quickly take Frank down? Because if not I don't know if he's gonna make it.

He has a huge advantage in distractions via Flash weapons that frank would have iirc. And frequency gun which causes vomiting.

Close range he definitely does have weapons that could kill frank with several weapons like his lightsaber

Range not as much. Normal guns, throwing knifes or regular he can throw, frequency gun, electricity guns

However some range things are beyond franks speed in weapons via electricity range. As frank doesn't get any of those range without OTR

Fair enough. Now I haven't played a lot of DR 4, but I do know that Frank has the Holy Terror, which is..a really good gun to kill things quickly. As well as the magic wand. He could turn Chuck to a Christmas ornament, yes?

On top of that I'd think that Frank would excel more in close quarters combat, while Chuck would be better using vehicles. Both are arguably pretty good shots.

Frank has his own ice sword which freezes thing and his acid weapons which would provide constant pain though. Chuck does have things that could freeze but they're few and far between from what I recall. He could burn things but I believe DR 4 has an upgrade which makes you resistant to most elemental attacks?

I could be wrong may have to boot up the game.

oh yea. One bigger than Chuck will have is durability with his armor. Some suit of armor he gets iirc doubles his maximum health. As well other suits which offer immunity to certain elements (like the fire suit makes him immune to fire attacks)

Close quarters is debatable. Both are full able to fight and beat military.

Chuck has better Melee, durability, ways to incapacitate or distract (like frequency gun) And if he got up close with one of his better weapons. I definitely see him taking it more often. And he is gonna be the better ride as he was a motorcycle person who drove through zombies for money and stuff. He will be the better on that.

But frank has better Range, hacks, and I think a bit more experience.

Frank likely does have more experience with varying degrees of things. He does have better ranged weaponry as it is it's own separate category in DR4, and he does have access to RPGs. Frank does also have more useful vehicles but that might not matter considering Chuck is more experienced with vehicles, his just aren't as effective at killing.

Also doesn't the mega man armor in DR1 do something similar or am I wrong on that one?

Also he may have the frequency gun but there's no way that can incapacitate forever. He hasn't to close the gap at some point, or switch to a different weapon, then from that point on he's gonna have a hard time pulling it back out with Frank shooting back at him.

Frank also has more hax and easier ways to get a one hit kill. He could certainly freeze Chuck, couldnt he? His ice attacks freeze other 9-A creature after all. However that's fairly iffy I'll be honest. Frank also has various sets of traps on him, and I think Frank is generally better at improvising than Chuck? I could be wrong but I don't know.

This is a really close match Jesus.

He does not. Not the real one. You can just find the toys to it. He only gets the real buster. However, the suit offers nothing But a cool look. But that does offer more range wise. I did forget to consider that.

Well. Yea. Not incapacitate forever. Not meaning that. But r gives him chances at getting away if he needs to heal or hide. Or getting up close. Which he holds a few ways to do where frank doesn't have any iirc.

Also. I just remembered. Quickstep. I don't think frank actually has that without OTR. Unless I'm wrong. But if I'm not. That is gonna offer a good advantage for chuck to have.

Freezing chuck won't work. Chuck can survive his own ice bomb which has frozen others solid. A single canister was able to freezes several zombies solid and the explosion contains multiple. It's fair to say both are naturally resistant to elements and likely wouldn't be able to end the fight with those weapons.

And yea. As I expected and love.

Actually the juice system Was introduced in DR1 yeah? I'm pretty sure quickstep is in it so yeah he does have it. Either way that'd only increase Chuck's movement speed and not his actual combat speed.

Fair enough on the ice stuff, but Frank does have some things that he can use to his advantage that are elemental like acid, which Chuck has never encountered to my knowledge. He also has an untouchable drink, which makes him invulnerable to damage, which is also incredibly useful in a scenario where only a few hits mean death.

This may just be inconclusive but that's boring so I'm holding out.

Ok. That's right. I googled it, you are right on that.

Chuck has in Case Zero via the chemicals. He doesn't have access to acid weapons. But he is able to tank acids.

That drink would be very useful yes. And could save his hid in bad situations

Another thing to considering is chuck can essentially have turrents in the form of Bears wielding guns. (Not sure how the hell Chuck pulled it off. But he made that.) which Frank could most certainly find ways to break em. But it can offers distraction , a way to overwhelm with enough of them, or a way to at least deplete a bit of his arsenal

At most Frank just uses a rocket to take care of that though, yes? The turrets can't be that bad to handle, especially considering Frank can take a lot of gunshots. Frank has a passive regen factor in combat while Chuck doesn't. Overall Frank will be healing while Chuck will need to put down his weapon and eat to recover.

That is true. However with the armor. He is going to have to heal a lot less than frank. Since the armor gives a sizable protection advantage.

However. Since it isn't blood lusted. This means they likely won't try and kill each other really quickly. They will start with less deadly force as neither exactly are wanting to kill each other

Fair enough, so it's basically just...who is going to escalate quicker. I'd personally say frank would since he has been through more. He could very well know that finishing a fight quickly is the best bet.

Also to be fair frank does have at least a bit more experience with humans. The cult in Dead Rising 1 is like all over the place and is definitely a challenge he has to overcome.

Well. I don't think he would tbh. I think they are almost on even ground there too. Both kinda react to fighting in the same manor. Both don't want to have to kill someone. But if they have to. They will.

This is likely cause Frank fights for the story, and chuck fights for Katey. He always is fighting to keep himself alive so he can keep her alive. Which is why he is so motivated. And franks very motivated to get the true story out.

Yea. But in Dead rising Zero, chuck had to combat and out pace military. Even escaped them on a Motorcycle when they chased after him (which is impressive as hell considering there were planes, cars, and serval people) And in Dead rising 2. The mall eventually fills with Military and the guys who work for TK.

Chuck also will get a decent advantage in Multi tasking. As being able to keep katey and that girl from falling into zombies grip while combating TK without his weapons. He was disarmed and still could beat him when the guy was equipped.

I swear that's what's going on in my head right now. I was even the guy that made the Calder profile, but I had to delete something from my head to make room for more Undertale feats.

A much, MUCH bigger list of Standard Equipment and thusly Combo Weapons, even more destructive Combo Vehicles, more martial arts skills, more stamina, and more resistance to elemental attacks.

Ehhh... no. OTR and Case west are removed. So he is not gonna have a Much bigger list in weapons.

I don't get he doesn't have more martial arts skills as both seem to be proficient in melee combat, chuck even fighting several military in melee combat. Chucks stamina is just as high. Staying up for several days with no sign on fatigue.?

Chuck also is heavily resistant to Element attacks

As it gave Him quite a few of of the weapons from DR2. It's still on his page. But for the sake of the fight, I had it removed

Back