• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chroms reactions

About Chroms reactions: It states he reacted to a lightning bolt before it reaches the ground. I believe cloud-to-ground lightning is meant then?

If it is meant, assuming 2000m cloud height, the time until the lightning reaches the ground would be 0.0045454545454545 seconds, which would be Supersonic perception.

If he moved a good distance this might get higher, but unless he moved 157 meters probably not massively hypersonic.

Actually, it was lightning magic. It does come from above, but nothing besides that indicates cloud-to-ground lightning.

Hmm... in that case the question is:

A: is that real lightning or magic lightning without lightning speed

B: How high above?

...Wasn't there already another thread made about Chrom's/Lucina's stats, which included a calc of the lightning feat?

High end was around Mach 6, Low end was around Mach 1 iirc

They never got applied, though. because everyone just seemed to drop the thread entirely for seemingly no reason.

There was a thread for that, yes. Lina did a rough calc of it and it was as what you said, Gimmy.

Ah

If that is an acceptable calc, we could easily make adjustments to Chrom's speed.

Although, I don't think it ever got checked out by the Calc Group, so that would still need to be handled.

Since I made this thread, I might as well look at the calc.

Mind linking me the calc?

Edit: And if the reasoning for it being real lightning was in the thread, the thread maybe as well.

Hmmm... calc seems good mostly, though I would use the 2000m standard assumption for cloud height here. That more or less puts it at her low end of the feat, which would put this at Transsonic.

I would be fine with that, but maybe I should write in the other thread that this one exists for those that have interest in the calc? (especially Lina, since it's his calc)

DontTalk said:
Hmmm... calc seems good mostly, though I would use the 2000m standard assumption for cloud height here. That more or less puts it at her low end of the feat, which would put this at Transsonic.
I would be fine with that, but maybe I should write in the other thread that this one exists for those that have interest in the calc? (especially Lina, since it's her calc)
Yeah, I say we comment on the other Thread so we can get the speed feat all settled.

Btw, for those who watched the Chrom and Lucina feat, how on earth did Chrom know that the lightning was going to hit them?

Putting that aside, using 2000m for cloud height gets me Transonic speed for Chrom and Lucina as well.

Applying the KE formla for Lucina gets me Wall level for Chrom and Lucina based on their speed and mass, if that is relevant.

Lina Shields said:
Btw, for those who watched the Chrom and Lucina feat, how on earth did Chrom know that the lightning was going to hit them?
Putting that aside, using 2000m for cloud height gets me Transonic speed for Chrom and Lucina as well.

Applying the KE formla for Lucina gets me Wall level for Chrom and Lucina based on their speed and mass, if that is relevant.
iirc there were tiny bits of electricty signaling where the lightning was gonna land, so he pushed Lucina out of the way before it could strike them.

And also, iirc, couldn't Chrom/Lucina/Most other characters be scaled to Nowi? I mean, she was afraid to fight those Grimleals in her debut chapter, and it was stated that common thugs that bought her made her transform for entertainment, meaning that they weren't afraid of Nowi attacking them in her Dragon form. And as we see throughout the game, the characters are dealing with enemies far greater then common thugs/gangs.

Ok, so focussing on the speed for now I think we have sufficient support to make changes in that regard.

So which changes for which characters have to be made speed wise due to the change?

DontTalk said:
Ok, so focussing on the speed for now I think we have sufficient support to make changes in that regard.
So which changes for which characters have to be made speed wise due to the change?
For now, Chrom and Lucina. There is the argument that this could scale to other characters, due to all of them appearing to be relatively even with each other, but that is a discussion for another time.

For now, I guess we can only affect Chrom and Lucina with it. Hopefully we'll get more duscussion on who else it might scale to.

I'd assume it scale to everyone in Awakening and maybe even Fates (since Owain and Inigo are major characters in Fates AFAIK).

Darkanine said:
I'd assume it scale to everyone in Awakening and maybe even Fates (since Owain and Inigo are major characters in Fates AFAIK).
Probably. They all seem roughly even anyway.

Back