• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chou Goku CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The feat. Right now this is accepted as Illusion Creation for Goku. But I think Duplication is a far more consistent conclusion for this feat.

Edit: the links somehow aren't working (at least for me), so I put the scans in a single link in order here.

First of all, illusions are "false images", as this site describes it, yet Whis is clearly shown to interact with these versions on some level. Which is also supported by the fact that they dissappear after contact. And the statements that follow afterwards are also leaning towards Duplication more than anything else:

Whis' first statement implies that these versions are actual bodies. In his second statement he says these versions were an obvious ploy. A ploy is a plan or action to turn a situation to one's advantage, but how would sending illusions towards Whis while not descending yourself achieve that? It wouldn't. That's a useless action in itself.
Body: "the physical structure, including the bones, flesh, and organs, of a person or an animal."
Ploy: "a cunning plan or action designed to turn a situation to one's own advantage."

Afterwards Goku states he was sure this would work. But, again, how would sending illusions towards Whis while not descending himself "work"? It wouldn't.

I also wanna note there would be no good reason for Whis to attack a bunch of illusions that he already knew were ploys, unless they formed some sort of "threat".

There's only one logical conclusion to draw from all of this: they were clones. Chapter 73 partially supports this as well. In chapter 73 Granolah creates a clone of himself, and when it dissappear it looks very similar to Goku's versions he created against Whis. Granolah's vs Goku's. The same statement of "his real body is somewhere else" Whis used against Goku is also used by Vegeta once he figures out Granolah is using a clone.

The justification for Goku's version disappearing so easily would be that they were far outclassed against Whis, which is pretty logical for obvious reasons. Pretty similar to Naruto's Shadow Clones.

Conclusion: Goku creating clones is far more consistent considering the statements that were made after it happened, and with the events currently happening with Granolah. This would remove Illusion Creation from his profile as well. Whis should probably also get Duplication mentioned on his profile if this were to get accepted, because he mentions that Goku was copying him. I don't think he currently has Illusion Creation mentioned on his profile either, which he should probably get if this gets rejected.

Last edited:
I think that this works as Illusions for Goku but I don't think there's enough evidence that Goku can create actual clones capable of attack.

Him thinking that it would work could mean he thought that the illusions would succeed in tricking Whis, not that he thought they could harm him or beat him.

I think that this works as Illusions for Goku but I don't think there's enough evidence that Goku can create actual clones capable of attack.

Him thinking that it would work could mean he thought that the illusions would succeed in tricking Whis, not that he thought they could harm him or beat him.
What would he achieve by "tricking" Whis? That Whis would be unable to find Goku? Goku wouldn't really achieve anything with that.

What do you think about Whis' statement and the similarities between Goku's version and Granolah's clone?

What do you think about Whis' statement and the similarities between Goku's version and Granolah's clone?

It's a little similar, but Granolah's doesn't disappear after it is hit.

Goku's seems more like an advanced after image than a flesh-and-blood clone.

It's a little similar, but Granolah's doesn't disappear after it is hit.

Goku's seems more like an advanced after image than a flesh-and-blood clone.
It's possible that Granolah gained a better version after his wish. Just like how he gained a better form of teleportation.

Whis does imply they're bodies though. And there would be no good reason for Whis to attack a bunch of illusions that he knew were ploys, unless they formed some sort of "threat".

He could have been hitting them just to remove the illusions or to make sure that the real Goku was not among them.

But either way, I think we should wait for more confirmation than making this a proper Duplication ability.

We should add it in to Granolah (along with his other new abilities) and not Goku for now.

He could have been hitting them just to remove the illusions or to make sure that the real Goku was not among them.

But either way, I think we should wait for more confirmation than making this a proper Duplication ability.
He already said that it was an obvious ploy. Besides, removing illusions with kicks and punches should not be possible to begin with.

I think the implications from Whis and the similarities with Granolah's clone should be enough evidence to at least give him possible or likely Duplication. It's far more consistent than illusions.

I think the implications from Whis and the similarities with Granolah's clone should be enough evidence to at least give him possible or likely Duplication. It's far more consistent than illusions.
Yeah, Goku Clone seems similar to what Granolah could do, I recently made a thread to give Duplication to Granolah

Because illusions do not physically exist, so physical attacks should not work on them. This entire situation is not consistent with them being illusions.
In fictional verses, anything is possible.

Illusions that can be shattered with a touch occur quite a lot in fiction.

Goku clones/ilusions seems similar to what Granolah can do, he make Clones that can be touched and can hurt goku itself and throw ki blasts

Didn't Moro's "Illusionary" clone also function in a similar way? I think all 3 techniques are very similar.

In fictional verses, anything is possible.

Illusions that can be shattered with a touch occur quite a lot in fiction.
If they're physical copies of Goku, then it should qualify for Duplication. Especially given Whis' statements and the similarities with Granolah's clone.

Could you give any examples? I'm not familiar with them. Do they also create physical illusion copies of themselves to attack their opponent? That just seems contradictory to the concept of illusions imo.

Didn't Moro's "Illusionary" clone also function in a similar way? I think all 3 techniques are very similar.
Moro's illusions actually couldn't be touched nor did they dissapear because of it, so there's definitely a difference.

Fair enough. More input from (staff) members would be appreciated though. Seems like most do agree so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back