• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chosen Undead vs the Neravarine

How did nobody do this when Dark Souls got upgraded. Seriously two chosen undead heroes, it feel like it was put on a silver platter for us (Neravarine is technically undead since he got Corprus). Speed equalized and both 6-B.
3485FB3C-7852-40F9-9111-AD319263F4FC
C0FBBAA3-7E34-4D6D-9CF0-9055486554F9
  • Neravarine: 8
  • Chosen Undead: 0
  • Inconclusive: 1

You can make custom spell in Morrowing so it's either minor or it's game breakingly over powered (but I think minor is the more canon one). The chosen undead can resist undead rapport and can go hallow without going insane so I think he can resist it.

Damn, this is pretty hard. I'll be neutral with this for now.

Nerevarine wins. He can nullify and reflect magic spells. He can use Sanctuary to make all his physical attacks miss him no matter what. Only problem is that Chosen Undead can resurrect himself from death, but The Nevevarine can Soul Trap his soul(s) into a Soul Gem and kill him that way.

"No matter what" is a little no limit fallacy like, but other than that it's fine

Chosen undead can disable magic, which should get rid of Sanctuary or other magical protections.

Vow of Silence takes a while to cast though, which would be a hindrance to CU

It's not too long that chosen undead can't open with it, since its just a few seconds and spell canceling is a thing, he's just not going to null as he's in melee.

I don't want to pick sides because both can win pretty easily still, the Nerevarine's spear he got from Hurcine should still work and I believe the Nerevarine's armor enchantments still work if he gets hit by the Chosen Undead power null. I think it comes down to who's the better swordsmen. Also the Nerevarine can kill him permanently with Umbra due to it consuming souls, so I don't even need restricte resurrection (but it is going to be a problem for the Nerevarine if he doesn't uses it).

Isn't the chosen undead like millions of souls at this point? Can the spear get rid of that many at once? There's also stuff like the stone greatsword to severely debuff enemy speed, which is a big problem for Nerevarine when speed's equalized.

No the spear paralyzes people, and I believe Umbra soul manipulation is powerful enough (if it's profile has anything to say about I think (that's probably not correct English and I'm sorry if it's not)).

Profile's vague, and just says it can trap souls. Assuming that's correct, how does Nerevarine get past stone GS + Vow of silence + far more experience due to how soul absorption works? Also that English seems correct, minus Umbra not having an apostrophe and s but that's irrelevant.

I wasn't saying he wins, just that he can; I just want to say somethings. Also I did know who everyone was voting for.

I'm voting chosen undead. Btw you can debate on your own threads if you want, you just can't vote, and its in bad taste to go into a match you made with an outcome already in mind.

For official reasons, Chosen undead via Vow of Silence negating magic, Stone Greatsword applying a heavy speed debuff, and better experience due to being an amalgamation of every soul it has at this point, a number in the millions that doubtlessly includes many skilled warriors, knights, etc.

Wokistan said:
Isn't the chosen undead like millions of souls at this point? Can the spear get rid of that many at once? There's also stuff like the stone greatsword to severely debuff enemy speed, which is a big problem for Nerevarine when speed's equalized.
The souls coalesce and are added to CU's as power, which is why he isn't set back to City Block level every time he dies

He would still have the souls skills and memories, but yeah Umbra could steal his soul easily (if the Nerevarine bust it out)

I have played every single Souls game. Vow of Silence takes 3-4 seconds to cast and it's AOE is not good as it requires you to get right into the enemies face for it to work. The Nerevarine can do everything you just said and more.

Nullification

Damage all of his attributes Watch the whole thing

Paralysis

Azura's star

etc

Although i don't know if this match even matters because he may be upgraded in the near future.

Stone GS isn't a spell, From those videos, it looks like all those spells are touch range, which means they won't be coming into play before vow disables them.

Edit: While the damage spell isn't a touch range, the other two (which are the more important ones) are. Main point still stands.

I know he most likely is getting upgraded that's why I made it, because I want to have a send off match for him. Also both have an Equal chance to remove each other's magic (but paralysis is going to be a pain)

Silence literally says "Silence for 5 seconds on touch". That spell used in your second video isn't paralysis. I amended my comment saying that damage spells aren't touch, but those aren't the important ones here. Those just get dodged, which isn't exactly possible for an AOE.

Sorry dude, but that's not the description of the spell. This is "On touch" means on contact and the duration of the spell can be increased.

Then why does a text box in the video saying "Silence for 5 seconds on touch" show up? Do you have a video of a different silence spell? Either way, AOE>Projectiles in terms of how easy dodging is.

Its also noted that paralysis is resisted with high willpower, and the chosen undead is able to stave off the undead curse indefinitely through sheer force of will (noted that having a clear set goal and the will to follow it can stop hollowing, Lucatil hollows due to her determination waning, which is exacerbated by the gradual loss of identity each death) and CU canonically dies a ton of times over the course of beating the game, so I'd say its got a pretty strong will.

That's not the same willpower. here

I went all the way to NG+20 on both Ds2 and 3. I can say that he loses here, sorry.

The battle will look something like this, with a mix of this . His soul(s) will get trapped by Azura Star.

Those enemies don't seem to dodge, and there's no reason to assume that the willpower stat doesn't represent the concept of willpower. That would be rather bizarre to just say that it all of a sudden is actually not representative of its namesake at all. I've gotta go for a bit. Also, why NG 20? Doesn't get harder after 7, I just made new characters and tried different stuff. You do you though

Self Love said:
That's not the same willpower. here

I went all the way to NG+20 on both Ds2 and 3. I can say that he loses here, sorry.

The battle will look something like this, with a mix of this . His soul(s) will get trapped by Azura Star.
I agree. He can also damage his stamina, unable to fight back like this.

After some deliberation, I'm going to vote Incon. It seems both have abilities that can shut down the powers of the others, leaving this as simply a matter of who can set off their powers first, which I'd say is really up in the air at the moment. I will say, however, that the CU's magic neg is only within a relatively small area, although both characters are more than likely to enter close rage combat.

That seems fair. Incon as well, as CU wins via stone GS and power null but that takes a bit, but Nevarrine's stuff can be dodged. At that point its just a toss up until someone misses something and the other's ability hits.

CU won't have the chance to cast Vow of Silence as it takes way too long in a combat situation. He'll just get nulled or paralyzed in the process if he tries too. So that's out the window.

Like i said before the Nerevarine can slow the speed of his opponent as well as other things like agility, luck, strength, etc. Here

Nerevarine has the close combat advantage as well. Sanctuary behaves just like Ultra Instinct so CU won't be able to hit him. He can also just paralyze him in the process whilst dodging since they're so close. He can levitate as well to keep a distance way in the sky.

He can definitely cast vow to start with that starting distance, and all nevervarine's stuff can be dodged. Vow negs Sanctuary, and CU has dealt with a lot of flyers.

Back