• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charlotte Katakuri VS Onoki

• Starting Distance: 25 Meters
  • Fight Location: Whole Cake Island
  • Katakuri at 7-A
  • Both in character
  • Equalized speed
Katakuri: 5 (@Purgy, @Ryuga21, @joshpiece, @KingTempest, @Popted2)
Onoki:
Inconclusive:

latest
latest

Last edited:
Voting for Katakuri

Onoki can't really overcome Katakuri's future sight and thus can't hit him with Jinton, which is really his only chance of winning.

Katakuri would have enough speed to press Onoki with Danmaku with practically remote blows, not to mention Future Sight to deal with Jinton. Btw, I don't see anything that Onoki could do to deal with intangibility and transmutation. Voting for Kata.

I feel like Onoki is being seriously overlooked here, so I guess I'll have to argue for him.

First off, and this might be Onoki's biggest advantage here, he severely outranges Kata. Not only can he freely fly out of the range of Kata's attacks, but he can also attack him from much farther away. Onoki's Jinton can easily cover hundreds of meters almost instantly, so it's not going to be the easiest thing to dodge, even with Future Sight, given speed is equalized.

Onoki can also pin Katakuri in place from a distance, which can then be followed by Jinton.

He can create Rock Golems for distractions and to occupy the opponent while he sets up his attacks. He can also create Rock clones to test the waters.

Obviously Katakuri doesn't really have a way of one shotting here either because their APs are almost identical, so that gives Onoki even more options.

I'm not going to vote yet until I hear more arguments, but I definitely had to put this out there because Onoki was severely overlooked here.

I feel like Onoki is being seriously overlooked here, so I guess I'll have to argue for him.

First off, and this might be Onoki's biggest advantage here, he severely outranges Kata. Not only can he freely fly out of the range of Kata's attacks, but he can also attack him from much farther away. Onoki's Jinton can easily cover hundreds of meters almost instantly, so it's not going to be the easiest thing to dodge, even with Future Sight, given speed is equalized.

Onoki can also pin Katakuri in place from a distance, which can then be followed by Jinton.

He can create Rock Golems for distractions and to occupy the opponent while he sets up his attacks. He can also create Rock clones to test the waters.

Obviously Katakuri doesn't really have a way of one shotting here either because their APs are almost identical, so that gives Onoki even more options.

I'm not going to vote yet until I hear more arguments, but I definitely had to put this out there because Onoki was severely overlooked here.
I don't think I'm overlooking Onoki, rather as I said he literally cannot overcome Katakuri's future sight which negs anything he can do, if this wasn't a factor, then it would be much closer.

Attack speed also gets equalized in speed equalization, so Jinton's speed doesn't matter.

The reason I think Onoki can't overcome the future sight is solely because Luffy could only match it whilst being faster than Katakuri and having pseudo future sight of his own, Onoki doesn't have either of these luxuries.

Onoki is never pinning Katakuri with that, I think you're seriously underestimating how much of a factor Katakuri's future sight is here, he would see that happening several seconds ahead and avoid it effortlessly, and even if by some miracle he was caught in it, he can just escape by turning into Mochi, it's not as if the stone fist is airtight.

You're right about the AP thing, but Katakuri's stamina is far higher than Onoki's, so Onoki doesn't even have the choice of outlasting Katakuri and rather, given Onoki's age, the longer the battle lasts the weaker he's probably going to be.

Doesn't Onoki have to mold chakra and do handsigns while Katakuri can just spawn Mochi fists next to Onoki's face?

It's in his range.
Katakuri can suffocate him via mochi.
0883-004.png

I don't think I'm overlooking Onoki, rather as I said he literally cannot overcome Katakuri's future sight which negs anything he can do, if this wasn't a factor, then it would be much closer.
He doesn't need to neg his future sight when he can abuse his range advantage.
Attack speed also gets equalized in speed equalization, so Jinton's speed doesn't matter.
It's speed doesn't matter, sure, but its AOE definitely does.
The reason I think Onoki can't overcome the future sight is solely because Luffy could only match it whilst being faster than Katakuri and having pseudo future sight of his own, Onoki doesn't have either of these luxuries.
Luffy didn't have the luxury of large AOE or unrestricted flight either. Onoki isn't going to engage in h2h here, let's be real.
Onoki is never pinning Katakuri with that, I think you're seriously underestimating how much of a factor Katakuri's future sight is here, he would see that happening several seconds ahead and avoid it effortlessly, and even if by some miracle he was caught in it, he can just escape by turning into Mochi, it's not as if the stone fist is airtight.
How will he avoid it though? Onoki just pinned down 25 Susano'o at once from meters away. It's not like he can outrun hax.
You're right about the AP thing, but Katakuri's stamina is far higher than Onoki's, so Onoki doesn't even have the choice of outlasting Katakuri and rather, given Onoki's age, the longer the battle lasts the weaker he's probably going to be.
He can fight for hours during the war, it's not like he'll gas out after 5 minutes.

Doesn't Onoki have to mold chakra and do handsigns while Katakuri can just spawn Mochi fists next to Onoki's face?

It's in his range.
Katakuri can suffocate him via mochi.
0883-004.png
This strategy would only be useful if they're in an enclosed space, which is not the case here afaik. The OP just says "Wholecake Island", so Onoki can still just fly out of range.

Also I've literally never seen Onoki wave a handsign. He just extends his hands and fires off his stuff.

This strategy would only be useful if they're in an enclosed space, which is not the case here afaik. The OP just says "Wholecake Island", so Onoki can still just fly out of range.
Nah, cause they have huge ass buildings and Whole Cake Cheatau which can be turned into a giant mochi thingy
Also I've literally never seen Onoki wave a handsign. He just extends his hands and fires off his stuff.
0466-014.png

He doesn't need to neg his future sight when he can abuse his range advantage.

It's speed doesn't matter, sure, but its AOE definitely does.

Luffy didn't have the luxury of large AOE or unrestricted flight either. Onoki isn't going to engage in h2h here, let's be real.

How will he avoid it though? Onoki just pinned down 25 Susano'o at once from meters away. It's not like he can outrun hax.

He can fight for hours during the war, it's not like he'll gas out after 5 minutes.

The further away he fires Jinton from the easier it is for Katakuri to evade it, it's a projectile, and given his future sight, it's already easy enough. Him abusing range doesn't help him at all, because again, he doesn't even have the choice of flying high and trying to outlast given his inferior stamina.

I guess? Katakuri can see how big its AOE is though, so it's not like he's going to be caught off guard by it.

Range isn't really a factor as I said above and neither is AOE.

The pin isn't instant, a hand comes out from the ground and traps you, Katakuri sees this happening in the future several seconds ahead and just casually moves out of the way?

Inferior One Piece characters to Katakuri can fight for several days and nights straight, if this is a contest of stamina, Onoki doesn't stand a chance.

Onoki does use hand signs sometimes but othertimes he just forms the cube and fires it, so it's kinda inconsistent.

I think I misunderstood what you were going for with the pin argument, I thought you were trying to say Onoki would summon a rock hand and trap Katakuri in it.

Doesn't he have to touch something to weigh it down and pin it?

Nah, cause they have huge ass buildings and Whole Cake Cheatau which can be turned into a giant mochi thingy
How far will those buildings go, realistically? Onoki can fly Kilometers into the air.
So he just claps his hands together, it's not like he goes into an hour long ritual to prep his attacks lol. Also, I can pull numerous examples where he just fires it off willy nilly.

The further away he fires Jinton from the easier it is for Katakuri to evade it, it's a projectile, and given his future sight, it's already easy enough. Him abusing range doesn't help him at all, because again, he doesn't even have the choice of flying high and trying to outlast given his inferior stamina.
I never said he'd try to outlast him, I said he has a range advantage, which he does. It being an advantage is a fact. It gives him better mobility options, and more evasive options. All of Katakuri's long ranged attacks are projectiles as well, which means Onoki can simply evade them by flying out of range.
I guess? Katakuri can see how big its AOE is though, so it's not like he's going to be caught off guard by it.

Range isn't really a factor as I said above and neither is AOE.
It's still a big pressure to have to constantly deal with. He'll have to constantly dodge something that's hundreds of meters across potentially.
Onoki isn't stupid, he will initially notice that Kata can anticipate and dodge all of his attacks, and then he'll realize that his only option is to expand his Jinton's range.
The pin isn't instant, a hand comes out from the ground and traps you, Katakuri sees this happening in the future several seconds ahead and just casually moves out of the way?
It does not require that at all as far as I know. If you zoom into the picture I linked earlier, you will see that there are no hands present for the other 20 Susano'o he pinned down. The only hand he summoned was there to protect the incapacitated Raikage from the Susano'o's blows.
Inferior One Piece characters to Katakuri can fight for several days and nights straight, if this is a contest of stamina, Onoki doesn't stand a chance.
I never said it would be a contest of stamina, all I'm saying is that Onoki can last for a long time. There's no reason to assume this fight will drag on forever, it may or may not last for hours, which Onoki will still be good for.
Onoki does use hand signs sometimes but othertimes he just forms the cube and fires it, so it's kinda inconsistent.
The same could be said for most Naruto characters, sometimes they use signs, and sometimes they don't. It's not like it takes long anyway, so let's just drop this argument please. We're splitting hairs at this point.
I think I misunderstood what you were going for with the pin argument, I thought you were trying to say Onoki would summon a rock hand and trap Katakuri in it.

Doesn't he have to touch something to weigh it down and pin it?
Like I said earlier, I don't think that is the case afaik. (If I'm wrong though, then I concede on this point)

I never said he'd try to outlast him, I said he has a range advantage, which he does. It being an advantage is a fact. It gives him better mobility options, and more evasive options. All of Katakuri's long ranged attacks are projectiles as well, which means Onoki can simply evade them by flying out of range.

It's still a big pressure to have to constantly deal with. He'll have to constantly dodge something that's hundreds of meters across potentially.
Onoki isn't stupid, he will initially notice that Kata can anticipate and dodge all of his attacks, and then he'll realize that his only option is to expand his Jinton's range.

It does not require that at all as far as I know. If you zoom into the picture I linked earlier, you will see that there are no hands present for the other 20 Susano'o he pinned down. The only hand he summoned was there to protect the incapacitated Raikage from the Susano'o's blows.

I never said it would be a contest of stamina, all I'm saying is that Onoki can last for a long time. There's no reason to assume this fight will drag on forever, it may or may not last for hours, which Onoki will still be good for.

The same could be said for most Naruto characters, sometimes they use signs, and sometimes they don't. It's not like it takes long anyway, so let's just drop this argument please. We're splitting hairs at this point.

Like I said earlier, I don't think that is the case afaik. (If I'm wrong though, then I concede on this point)
I know, but I'm just saying that outlasting isn't an option. It is an advantage, just not one that really affects the battle imo. Katakuri has future sight, Onoki doesn't, it's going to be much harder for Onoki to evade Katakuri's attacks than it would be for Katakuri to evade Onoki's.

The only time Onoki created a Jinton that big was when Tsunade was giving him chakra iirc, and we can safely assume he wouldn't be able to send out more than a handful of those.

Yes I misunderstood what you were going for.

True, but under the rare case where the fight does last for an extended amount of time, Katakuri would have the advantage.

The hand sign thing wasn't my argument, I was just saying that it's kinda inconsistent regarding whether or not hand signs are required.

I'm not entirely sure either, but every other time we see him lighten or increase the weight of something, it required physical contact iirc.

I know, but I'm just saying that outlasting isn't an option. It is an advantage, just not one that really affects the battle imo. Katakuri has future sight, Onoki doesn't, it's going to be much harder for Onoki to evade Katakuri's attacks than it would be for Katakuri to evade Onoki's.
I agree that Katakuri will be very hard to connect with due to FS, but I really don't think Onoki will be that easy to hit. FS is very powerful, yes, but it doesn't negate physical advantages like range. How will FS help him if Onoki simply evades out of range of his attacks or hits him with something that has a very large AOE.
Think of it like this, which will be harder to dodge: a bullet or an explosion? Sure, Kata will see everything coming, but physically dodging things isn't always that easy. You gotta keep in mind that Luffy's attacks were effortlessly dodged because they're streamlined physical blows and Katakuri was also physically faster. Onoki is a totally different animal imo.
The only time Onoki created a Jinton that big was when Tsunade was giving him chakra, and we can safely assume he wouldn't be able to send out more than a handful of those.
Well, that's not really relevant because I sent another instance when he obliterated Madara's forest, unassisted by Tsunade. Also, the Tsunade thing was because he had no chakra left, but in any case it doesn't matter since I didn't even use that example.
Yes I misunderstood what you were going for.
Fair enough. Though I should've probably made myself more clear, so my apologies for that one.
True, but under the rare case where the fight does last for an extended amount of time, Katakuri would have the advantage.
Fair enough.
The hand sign thing wasn't my argument, I was just saying that it's kinda inconsistent regarding whether or not hand signs are required.
Yeah, that's fair. It's true that it's inconsistent.
I'm not entirely sure either, but every other time we see him lighten or increase the weight of something, it required physical contact iirc.
I'm going purely off of the example with the 25 Susano'o, so yeah.

Back