• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charlotte Katakuri vs Hashirama Senju (6-B)

Ricsi-viragosi said:
has it ever done that? if not im calling nlf. the wood is made out of solidified mental energy and stamina
It would be better to ask Cin if that is possible,because i saw that argument in Doflamingo vs Hashirama,if Doflamingo was allowed to do that in that battle,then Katakuri who do the same thing,should

again. he has a several seconds head start. like sanji crossed dressosa to greenbit in seconds so why can't katakuri? katakuri is faster :^]

I said anything that is living wouldn't be altered by the awakening, especially something that's made with someone else's energy on the spot. So Katakuri can't use his awakening to turn Hashirama's wood into Mochi, but that doesn't stop him from turning everything else on the battlefield into Mochi.

@Ricsi - he can evade it the same way the Kage did against Madara, except he'd actually see a premonition several seconds before then and either attempt to stick mochi on the flowers before they bloom, or simply get away from the poison's vicinity.

IDK why no one has brought up that Mochi has properties that would allow Katakuri to stick Hashirama's wood in place or stop mere flowers from blooming.

Wait was my voted counted btw? Changing to reasons due to Hashi's pollen and sleep inducemtn but obviously sticking to Hashirama.

CinCameron20 said:
I said anything that is living wouldn't be altered by the awakening, especially something that's made with someone else's energy on the spot. So Katakuri can't use his awakening to turn Hashirama's wood into Mochi, but that doesn't stop him from turning everything else on the battlefield into Mochi.
@Ricsi - he can evade it the same way the Kage did against Madara, except he'd actually see a premonition several seconds before then and either attempt to stick mochi on the flowers before they bloom, or simply get away from the poison's vicinity.

IDK why no one has brought up that Mochi has properties that would allow Katakuri to stick Hashirama's wood in place or stop mere flowers from blooming'.
Is Kata Omniscient?

Katakuri - 9 (LordGriffin1000, Bluetrekking, Knightofannihilation666, ZackMoon1234, 1cheapskate, Kratos GoW4, Aresduelist, Yoh Asakura8, Kazuma kuwabara)

Hashirama - 6 (Ricsi-viragosi, Rocker1189, KaguraKaratachiBloodMan, RinkakuKagune, Shadowbokunohero, Dzhindzholia)

Inconclusive - 1( AstralKing7)

I might be wrong, so if anyone else would like to count the votes, then feel free to do so.

he's legit looking into the future for several seconds so he'll have a 7 second head start/7 seconds of planning how to counter with no rush. katakuri is a calm but brutal fighter.

Still isn't all knowing tho? Don't get me wrong I believe he can do it but if we're going by what Cameron and Zack have said he isn't omniscient so he would'nt use his abilities like that.

@Rinkaku - Not Omniscient (silly of you to suggest that when I already explained why that would happen), but unlike Hashirama, Katakuri is capable of viewing the future up to several seconds ahead (assuming he isn't in a rage-induced state). He's been able to see entire conversations then act before they even start, and has similar feats of this level where he even blatantly states "you guys should get going. In a few seconds, you will all be laying at his [Luffy's] feet".

Say Hashirama is performing the hand signs for the flower. At this time, Katakuri is already a step ahead of him as he has seen the flowers blooming. He interrupts Hashirama with projectiles or Awakening.

Or the flowers are already being constructed, and Katakuri see's that they will render him unconscious. He will use his Mochi to wrap up the buds before they fully bloom. Or runs out of range. It is in-character for him to plug up his opponents weapons, or entrap them.

The only characters to counter or mitigate Katakuri's pre-cognitive powers are those who have evolved their haki to comparable levels: Sanji (confirmed to be specialized in Kenbunshoku by Oda), and Luffy--the latter of which developed his pre-cog to eventually match Katakuri.

Actions that are out of Katakuri's ability to stop are also problematic, but Hashirama is limited here unless he can instantly poof an entire forest in Katakuri's face to buy himself enough time to pull out a big jutsu. It's hard when Katakuri has intang, transmutation, and pre-cog.

Yeah, GP ended when I actually said it ended when I recently counted the votes.

Katakuri won.

Unless someone else would like to count the votes.

I'll request this later as I'm making a compilation for matches that has been concluded.

Also, @Rinkaku - Hashirama would have absolutely no way of knowing Katakuri's weakness to water:

1) Unless you provide a reason for Hashirama to actually be aware of this early on in the fight, he would be unaware that Katakuri's body is made of Mochi, let alone weak against water. You mean to tell me Katakuri would announce it?

2) He doesn't use water-style despite having the ability to. It's like if a character is weaker to darkness magic, and their opponent is capable of using it, but never uses it in character (due to limits or just because... they don't) until they learn that the opponent has such a weakness.

Both of these cases work against Hashirama and in favor of Katakuri.

Granted, Hashirama can still seal and his poison would be effective if he can pull either of them off, as the former could end the fight immediately, and the latter would instantly debilitate Katakuri.

I'm pretty sure that Hashi can take this. His wood release is basically alive so no awakening on them, he also have the range advantage and Regenerationn.

Back