• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charizard vs. Greymon

Status
Not open for further replies.
VSJudge said:
I might have to research more about that episode since I am lost on how exactly that is a moon durability, but I did hear about it from others.
However this is were the debate takes a turn in my opinion, are we using Red's Charizard? If so then that feat means nothing because each pokemon is trained and raised differently which makes sense with how some pokemon of the pre-evolved stated can beat their evolution at times in manga and anime. Meh I gotta start rewatching both shows now haha.
We are using Charizard as a composite, I assume. So I guess it doesn't matter.

1: Charizard, due to flight and just being straight up better. (T7 vs T8)

2: Charizard due to beating Mewtwo

3: Greymon stomps.

Phantasys said:

Did he beat Mega-Mewtwo? Cause I don't see how base Mewtwo is all that more impressive than beating Chaos-Etemon.

Darkanine said:
Phantasys said:

Did he beat Mega-Mewtwo? Cause I don't see how base Mewtwo is all that more impressive than beating Chaos-Etemon.

Mewtwo could create a storm strong enough to eventually wipe out civilization...yeah.

Meanwhile ChaosEtemon was just a blob of machine parts.

Phantasys said:
Darkanine said:
Phantasys said:

Mewtwo could create a storm strong enough to eventually wipe out civilization...yeah.
Seeing as how Mewtwo and regular Etemon are classified under the same tier I guess it can be said that Mega Mewtwo and ChaosEtemon are also the same tier. Anyway flight means nothing because Greymon fought a digimon with mach speed of 65, Charizard top speed is hypersonic speed which is around mach 20-25. So greymon's reflex and combat experience of fighting faster digimon would come to play.

VSJudge said:
Phantasys said:
Darkanine said:
Phantasys said:

Seeing as how Mewtwo and regular Etemon are classified under the same tier I guess it can be said that Mega Mewtwo and ChaosEtemon are also the same tier. Anyway flight means nothing because Greymon fought a digimon with mach speed of 65, Charizard top speed is hypersonic speed which is around mach 20-25. So greymon's reflex and combat experience of fighting faster digimon would come to play.

First of all a tier is incredibly wide, with At least in front of Mewtwo's 7-A it means Mewtwo is likely dozens of times stronger. Also it's complete bullshit to assume Chaos Etemon gets as much of a powerboost as Mega-formed Mewtwo. If anything then the incomplete fusion with those machines weakened him, as he was clearly in pain and all messed up. Greymon also only beat him by pushing him into the dimensional gate so it wasn't Greymon's own DC that beat him but rather PIS involving an environmental hazard. Charizard still gets an advantage in speed over Greymon and has fought the likes of Entei (mach 170+), so Greymon's no challenge.

Phantasys said:

Wasn't that added in the dub? I watched a subbed version and Mewtwo just said the storm was to filter out weaken trainers.

DarkMastero said:
Phantasys said:

Wasn't that added in the dub? I watched a subbed version and Mewtwo just said the storm was to filter out weaken trainers.

Subs are fanmade, dubs are official canon.

Phantasys said:
DarkMastero said:
Phantasys said:

Let me look at your information umm *puts glasses on* Pokemon dub called a rice ball a donut yup very legit and canon

VSJudge said:
Phantasys said:
Darkanine said:
Phantasys said:

Mewtwo could possibly be getting a boost to 5 some time soon, if people agree on that the feat of Mewtwo vs. Deoxys is acceptable.

Siteofshows said:
Phantasys said:
DarkMastero said:
Phantasys said:

Let me look at your information umm *puts glasses on* Pokemon dub called a rice ball a donut yup very legit and canon
Okay, you wanna take it up with funimation or whatever? Be my guest, doesn't change the fact that the dub's the official canon.

Okay, you wanna take it up with funimation or whatever? Be my guest, doesn't change the fact that the dub's the official canon.

The dub can still be different from the original Japanese version. Like how in the DBZ dubs Goku said that instant transmission is traveling as a ball of light when really it's instantaneous teleportation.

Untedbear said:
Let me look at your information umm *puts glasses on* Pokemon dub called a rice ball a donut yup very legit and canoOkay, you wanna take it up with funimation or whatever? Be my guest, doesn't change the fact that the dub's the official canon.
The dub can still be different from the original Japanese version. Like how in the DBZ dubs Goku said that instant transmission is traveling as a ball of light when really it's instantaneous teleportation.

The subs are still fanmade, it'd be like taking a fanfiction into account.

Let me look at your information umm *puts glasses on* Pokemon dub called a rice ball a donut yup very legit and canoOkay, you wanna take it up with funimation or whatever? Be my guest, doesn't change the fact that the dub's the official canon.

The subs are merely a translation of the Japanese version. The dubs rewrite entire sentences in English to fit the lip sync of the animation.

Untedbear said:
The subs are merely a translation of the Japanese version. The dubs rewrite entire sentences in English to fit the lip sync of the animation.

Official source>Fanfiction

Official source>Fanfiction

Original Japanese dialogue >>>>> unreliable mistranslated dub

Untedbear said:
The subs are still fanmade, it'd be like taking a fanfiction into account.The subs are merely a translation of the Japanese version. The dubs rewrite entire sentences in English to fit the lip sync of the animation. Official source>Fanfiction
Original Japanese dialogue >>>>> unreliable mistranslated dub

Great, go call funimation and get canon changed then. Until then don't take fanfiction into account.

Look Bear, the changes in the dub are targeted at a Wester audience. While it sounds stupid, it makes sense to call what they're eating donuts since the majority of American kids have no idea what onigiri or a rice ball.

But yeah, it's canon.

Even then, Mewtwo's planetary storm feat is still accepted, and if you think it's that much of disrepency (I don't think it is) take it up with the admins I suppose.

Geez didn't think I would get so many emails in this thread in a single day lol.

Anyway, for me personally I need to rewatch that movie to see what the big fuss is about. But if Bear is right about the Mistranslation (which he probably is because these are translations companies we are talking about) then the feat should be invalid. So many times in different animes has there been mistranslations or add ons by those who dub just to add more drama. Bear's example is a perfect one, instant transmission is instant rather than what the english dub said; which actually boosted the technique when it was rightfully translated/confirmed.

Majority of the time those who research or know the character know that.

Again for me I need to rewatch it to really see what's going on. I wonder what are other people thoughts about that.

Not you, Untedbear, the other guy who keeps accusing the dubs of being non-canon. I'm just saying, the dubs are as canon as they can make it. Animation has its limitations when translating.

Reppuzan said:
Not you, Untedbear, the other guy who keeps accusing the dubs of being non-canon. I'm just saying, the dubs are as canon as they can make it. Animation has its limitations when translating.
Never said that the dubs are non-canon. My point is that the dialogue in the dubs can lead to misconceptions (i.e what Goku said about IT). Anything that happens in the animation such as Mewtwo's planetary storms is completely canon, dub or not.

To be honest this civilzation destroying mewtwo sounds like some nonsenese that is only on the dub seriously if you legitametaley think that everything in the dub is canon then i guess donuts are make so much sense

At least they got their research right. Even on this wiki WarGreymon wrecks Charizard on every front.

Still, I'm honestly surprised they gave Greymon the win. You'd think they'd give Charizard a win after the last time he died.

Dang watched the battle, was hard to see Charizard get slashed through and disintegrated like that, but I mean given the proper research with feats it was a given.

True. I also find Tai running up and brutalizing Red to be rather out of character. Even during his fights with Matt he never went so far as to try and break bones and usually stopped after bruising scrapes.

I mean, it is Death Battle, but still...

I just watched the Death Battle, and damn that was a brutal ending. I can understand Wargreymon killing Charizard like that, since they thought he was an evil digimon and digimon don't really "die", but did he really have to murder Red like that too?

That said, it was a really entertaining fight, surprised they used full 3D models, I was totally expecting a weird looking battle using sprites.

Saw the screwattack battle, the ending was a forgone conclusion...though I did realize one thing. Hilariously enough...if it had been Ash in Red's place then he would've won as Ash could easily murder Tai (this kid picked up a 72kg Larvitar effortlessly, and once threw an entire tree trunk) and Greymon would be helpless without a tamer to let him digievolve.

I still don't know why they didn't even at least try to make this an even battle. Now I understand if their intent was to showcase a fight between Charizard and Agumon and that's it, but since they included so much information about their respective "trainers"; Red and Yagami Taichi, they should've had Red and his PokeTeam (Pikachu, Espeon, Snorlax, Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise) up against Taichi's Agumon and his respective Digievolutions. Cause then it would be an even more interesting matchup. With that we could see Red's tactical prowess and Taichi's iconic spirit and bond w/ Agumon would really show up and make a difference in the fight. But yeah, the fight was somewhat hilariously brutal and pretty much a squash match. Still averagely enjoyable all in all.

Phantasys said:
Saw the screwattack battle, the ending was a forgone conclusion...though I did realize one thing. Hilariously enough...if it had been Ash in Red's place then he would've won as Ash could easily murder Tai (this kid picked up a 72kg Larvitar effortlessly, and once threw an entire tree trunk) and Greymon would be helpless without a tamer to let him digievolve.
Lifting strength does not translate to striking strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back